• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Saran

Redwings attendance articles

Rate this topic

Hey guys, I'm writing an econ paper on the car industry and was wondering if anyone has the links to those article (i think there have be 2 or 3) with the redwings talking about the state's economy affecting their attendance.

I was planning to use those articles as sources in my paper and use the redwings as an example of the affects of the car industry.

Thanks!

Not to take anything away from your paper, but I wonder how much of it is the car industry, or that the Yzerman-Shanahan-McCarty days are over?

Yeah well I know my prof isn't a redwings fan so if I have a couple articles with Ken Holland saying it's the states economy n what not it's all good

Thanks auxlepi

Yeah well I know my prof isn't a redwings fan so if I have a couple articles with Ken Holland saying it's the states economy n what not it's all good

Thanks auxlepi

That's a cop-out excuse by Holland. Yeah, the economy plays a part, but the loss of guys like Yzerman and Shanny, the lack of fighting, the ridiculous ticket prices, and the teams piss poor marketing also all play a huge roll into the attendance problems. It would be nice if the Wings organization started realizing this for once, and figure that they are bringing this on themselves.

Edited by Kp-Wings

That's a cop-out excuse by Holland. Yeah, the economy plays a part, but the loss of guys like Yzerman and Shanny, the lack of fighting, the ridiculous ticket prices, and the teams piss poor marketing also all play a huge roll into the attendance problems. It would be nice if the Wings organization started realizing this for once, and figure that they are bringing this on themselves.

Yeah true enough but it's good enough for just a point of the effects of the industry on different markets.

I just googled the Pistons 2007-08 attendance. So far they've sold out every game (22,076). Also I checked the Lions, they're still over 60,000 every game so far this year.

Again, I'm not trying to ruin anyone's paper, but it makes me wonder since this topic about the Wings and the economy hurting them at the gate is on here a lot. I still think the lack of North American talent is hurting the Wings ticket sales more than the economy, especially since the Pistons are selling out, Lions are over 60,000, and the Tigers set a team attendance record in 2007.

You would think if the economy was the major factor, all 4 teams would be effected, but only the Wings ticket sales have gone down. I know price is a factor as well, so maybe since Yzerman-Shanahan-McCarty are gone, it's time for Wings tickets to go down in price.

I just googled the Pistons 2007-08 attendance. So far they've sold out every game (22,076). Also I checked the Lions, they're still over 60,000 every game so far this year.

Again, I'm not trying to ruin anyone's paper, but it makes me wonder since this topic about the Wings and the economy hurting them at the gate is on here a lot. I still think the lack of North American talent is hurting the Wings ticket sales more than the economy, especially since the Pistons are selling out, Lions are over 60,000, and the Tigers set a team attendance record in 2007.

You would think if the economy was the major factor, all 4 teams would be effected, but only the Wings ticket sales have gone down. I know price is a factor as well, so maybe since Yzerman-Shanahan-McCarty are gone, it's time for Wings tickets to go down in price.

very true. Bad marketing, lack of NA players, horrible schedule, and a dieing arena all contribute.

I'm curious, how are the Pistons and Lions attendance this year? I know the Tigers, despite a bad economy, set a new attendance record this past year.

I am curious on the cost of tickets for families of those teams.

Certainly the economy has had an effect on Wings ticket sales. A few posters have asked the good question, "why would this not affect Tigers/Pistons/Lions. I believe this is because those teams are on an upswing whereas the Wings have remained constant (successful). Therefore, we see a surge in that market. It would be different if all teams were sucessful and then the economy went down and then you would probably see a lowering in the attendance of all four teams. In sum, I think the variable is success, not Yzerman retiring or the cap.

And have prices gone down for Pistons and Lions game?

I don't follow those teams that well to know the prices. But took a quick look at the pistons site and they have a bunch of plans to make it affordable.

That's more than the Red Wings have done in the past 2-3 years when we first saw the economy starting to sag.

Edited by Jwo

I don't follow those teams that well to know the prices. But took a quick look at the pistons site and they have a bunch of plans to make it affordable.

That's more than the Red Wings have done in the past 2-3 years when we first saw the economy starting to sag.

I know the Pistons make games affordable for their fans. I think it's time for the Red Wings to do the same, especially since they are the only team in the city who's attendance has gone down.