• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Aussie_Wing

Jiri Hudler

Rate this topic

Just some quicj additions here to this thread. I watched Huds come up in GR and always knew that he had the potential to tear things up at this level. It took some action by Babs this offseason to get Draper and he together to work on his skating and it has worked wonders for him.

I try not to get attached to a lot of the members of this team, especially in the fluid roster moves that have become commonplace since the new CBA, but this is one guy that I hope stays a Wing for a very long time. I love his reactions when he scores or assists. No one is happier than he is to see the puck in the net.

A couple quotes from the Det News:

Babcock was impressed with Hudler's performance in 18 minutes of ice time.

"He's been getting better and better each night," Babcock said.

"He seems to be growing with confidence with the puck. He was absolutely excellent on the power play (Sunday) and making plays. He has a bright future."

Hudler, too, has been on am offensive roll with 10 points (two goals) over his last nine games.

Looks like Babs is coming around and giving the kid more ice time.

Memorable night for Hudler

Jiri Hudler had three assists Sunday for the first three-point game of his NHL career. He has had seven two-point games, and four of them have been this season:

Date Opponent G A Pts. +/- Shots Result

Nov. 7 Nashville 1 1 2 0 4 W, 3-2

Nov. 11 at Chicago 1 1 2 2 2 L, 3-2

Nov. 12 at St. Louis 0 2 2 1 3 L, 4-3

Nov. 29 Tampa Bay 1 1 2 2 1 W, 4-2

4 2-point performances and one 3-point game this season.

Find me someone else in the league that is doing this that we may be able to get for him in trade that is his age and will work for peanuts.