• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Aussie_Wing

Jiri Hudler

Rate this topic

i agree and i do believe, this is my personal opinion that we wont see stupid crazy trades like the thrashers did for tkachuk this year , gm's saw what happened last year and im sure they wont trade the future for a rental player , im not saying meech, samuelsson,picks/ prospects will get us a star but i do think it can get a pretty good rental player

as far as id see it id personally only put these options as trade bait ....

derek meech ( still young and i think can play in another team)

mikael samuelsson ( wont be traded but id trade him over hudler , i think hes as good as gone in 2 yrs anyways)

dallas drake ( hes been invincible so far )

kirk matlby ( dont even know why we locked him up again , we got tons of great penalty killers on the team)

draft picks

these are prospects id consider in a trade over others who i think are untouchable .....

kyle quincey ( we got ericsson,kindl,smith,pyett waiting )

Darren Helm ( got lots of checkers in the system ... andersson, abdelkader )

Evan McGrath

in the top 8 rankings in redwingscentral.com the only one id consider is cory emmerton , i might be wrong but i just dont see the big deal about him id rather keep the other 7 guys in the top 8 and andersson,ryno,larsson,ritola,pyett over him .......again i do hope im wrong about him though

As long as you're content with getting nothing in return, then fine. But you'll have no right to ***** later on when we make no deals. Must be nice to be in a league where you can keep all your good young players and prospects and still manage to pull off good returns in trade! Doesnt work like that. If every GM followed your guildelines we'd see nothing but journeyman for journeyman trades. How exciting that would be!(I'm still laughing that you mentioned Drake as trade bait by the way)

Guest wingswillwincup

As long as you're content with getting nothing in return, then fine. But you'll have no right to ***** later on when we make no deals. Must be nice to be in a league where you can keep all your good young players and prospects and still manage to pull off good returns in trade! Doesnt work like that. If every GM followed your guildelines we'd see nothing but journeyman for journeyman trades. How exciting that would be!(I'm still laughing that you mentioned Drake as trade bait by the way)

keep laughing

and incase you didnt notice the big teams didnt trade away top prospects and picks for a rental , it was desperate teams like atlanta who did .... must be a reason for that ;) ...... then again maybe you know more then them right ?? Its stupid to trade away top guys for a rental which doesnt guarantee you anything , thats the quickest way to screw your team ,but hey if you wanna be the next maple leafs then go for it

Guest wingswillwincup

im happy with huds lol ......... ward can be had now in a trade im sure , if not hes a free agent at seasons end

better make that 3!!

Wow, that's now 18 points in 16 games.

Not bad for someone who plays roughly 12 minutes per night. He now has 20 points in 29 games and is 4th in forward scoring for the Wings.

I think I was being generous with my 50 point prediciton. :lol:

Wow, that's now 18 points in 16 games.

Not bad for someone who plays roughly 12 minutes per night. He now has 20 points in 29 games and is 4th in forward scoring for the Wings.

Hudler's doing great!

It helps if you play 3-4 minutes of that 12 minutes in a PP-unit.

Tonight after 2nd: 10:36 total 4:02 PP.

:thumbup:

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

And to think the majority of this bored thinks Filpulla will be a better player.

Guest Canadian Wings

I traded Hudler this week while his value is high. Is it a bad thing that Lang is also coming back in the trade? ;)

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Someone always has to start a fight...

Yeah and guys like Babcock etc.

Are you Mike Babcock? No? Than How the hell do you know?

Just because Filpulla was getting more ice time now on pk dosent mean that Babcock thinks that he will be better long term

Filpulla will be at most a defenseve minded 50-60 point second line center, a la Brendan Morrison or a faster Michael Handzus.

Hudler meanwhile Could be a consistant 30-35+ goal scorer in a few years.

Edited by EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Just because Filpulla was getting more ice time now on pk dosent mean that Babcock thinks that he will be better long term

Filpulla will be at most a defenseve minded 50-60 point second line center, a la Brendan Morrison or a faster Michael Handzus.

No, I'm obviously not Babs.

I just thought,'cause this forum has been filled with "Babs is downplaying Hudler and praising Filppula"-complaints

for two years now.

I really don't care who's better,as long as Filppula gets to play in the Wings.

He's just my favourite,that's all. Can you blame me,after all those Swedes we've had? :lol:

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

No, I'm obviously not Babs.

I just thought,'cause this forum has been filled with "Babs is downplaying Hudler and praising Filppula"-complaints

for two years now.

I really don't care who's better,as long as Filppula gets to play in the Wings.

He's just my favourite,that's all. Can you blame me,after all those Swedes we've had? :lol:

Not at all. Sorry I'm just pissed that everyone is on Filpulla's Jock all the time.

I'm a little late to this discussion but.... what the heck is going on? Is the once highly touted 17 year old prospect finally beginning to fulfill his full potential?

Those of you who've read my posts from years past know how low I have been on Hudler. The knock on him has always been his top end speed, or complete lack thereof (there's also the lack of defensive awareness part), and when his skating didn't improve as he progressed through the Wings farm system I thought for sure he was never gonna succeed on a scoring line and thus was destined to become another bust. Well I'm glad that I'm some crow now, although it's still early in the year.

What's different about Hudler this year? (I assume his skating must be much improved?) I haven't seen many Wings games so perhaps informed posters could provide an updated scouting report?

Edited by Cruiser008

Not at all. Sorry I'm just pissed that everyone is on Filpulla's Jock all the time.

Why would that make you angry? A lot of people think he can be a great player someday soon, I don't see how that can piss someone off, especially if you are a Wings fan...

And this is a bad thing for Hudler and/or Flipper how exactly??? :huh:

I think BOTH OF THEM will become better players as their careers develop.

i love hudler. and i think he's a great asset to the wings. and i think in 2-3 years he could put up 75-80 pts.

However, i don't think that will be because he scored 35G 45A. i think it will look more like 25-28G and 50-55A. i just feel his size limits his ability to pound his way into the zone. thats not to say you have to be a bruiser (there are 100 forwards that dismiss that assumption), but his physicality might be a hinderence.

heres to hoping he proves me wrong and nets 50 some day!

what a game for him tonight. great job huds.

Why would that make you angry? A lot of people think he can be a great player someday soon, I don't see how that can piss someone off, especially if you are a Wings fan...

And this is a bad thing for Hudler and/or Flipper how exactly??? :huh:

I think BOTH OF THEM will become better players as their careers develop.

Spot on guys, very well said. :thumbup: