• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Aussie_Wing

Jiri Hudler

Rate this topic

Hudler has 15 points in 25 games this season. That is great stuff, however what's even more impressive is his production in Novemember. In 12 games he has 12 points and 4 multi-point games.

In the 2002/03 season Datsyuk had 51 points in 64 games at the age of 24. He averaged 15:28 of ice-time.

At the age of 23 Hudler is averaging a mere 11:42 per game and yet after a slow start is really starting to rack up the numbers. He won't be a player of Datsyuk's quality but what is there to suggest he can’t put up 60 points this season?

Hopefully he plays well enough to be put on the 2nd line permanently when Drapes comes back. I also wish that Franzen would pick up his play, but even if he does, he still won't have the offensive production that Hudler can put up on the 2nd line.

If Huds and Flip can get half of the Chemistry that dats and Z get, we could be looking at a good couple of lines that will be together for a while. Now I am not saying talent will be the same but think about what this team has done in the past. Maltby Draper is a great example.

You know what amuses me? People said last year and even into this year 'Hudler won't be effective in the NHL unless he's in a scoring line role, and he will never be that good' and now this year people are saying 'Hudler should be on the fourth line and Flip on the second because we know Huds can score no matter what line he's on, but Flip needs to develop on the second line' and in the meantime, Huds has become our most dangerous offensive player after Hank and Dats.

You know what amuses me? People said last year and even into this year 'Hudler won't be effective in the NHL unless he's in a scoring line role, and he will never be that good' and now this year people are saying 'Hudler should be on the fourth line and Flip on the second because we know Huds can score no matter what line he's on, but Flip needs to develop on the second line' and in the meantime, Huds has become our most dangerous offensive player after Hank and Dats.

Once again, Eva Unit Zero, my reply to your post is "BINGO!" :clap:

The Hudlum is damn exciting to watch, you think he just might pop one in each time he touches the puck. :D

I just would like to point out that line with Huds, Flip, and Cleary I suggested last night scored tonight. Evenhough it wasn't Huds that scored the goal, he set up the goal to Cleary that looked like a Brett Hull sniper shot. What an exciting line to watch!! Huds is the man!!

he's great..

or

'bout damn time

seems like we've been waiting for him to REALLY show himself for 4 or 5 years..

It's incredibly hard to show your game when you don't get to play.

That said. Wing Scoring leaders for the month of November.

13 points - Lidstrom

13 points - Datsyuk

12 points - Hudler

12 points - Holmstrom

11 Points - Zetterberg

10 points - Cleary

9 points - Rafalski

Fun fact. Hudler had almost exactly half the ice time that Zetterberg had. 11min and change vs 22min and change.

It's incredibly hard to show your game when you don't get to play.

That said. Wing Scoring leaders for the month of November.

13 points - Lidstrom

13 points - Datsyuk

12 points - Hudler

12 points - Holmstrom

11 Points - Zetterberg

10 points - Cleary

9 points - Rafalski

Fun fact. Hudler had almost exactly half the ice time that Zetterberg had. 11min and change vs 22min and change.

i know :)

it seems to me though, that some of us (me included) were expecting Hudler to be a star and play 1st line minutes from the time we drafted him. He was incredibly highly touted. He's always shown flashes of incredible skill, even as far back as when he was first up with the Wings under Lewis, but he's never been consistent. If he can get that....he could seriously be a Z/Dats type player for us..

no to mention he's a fiesty little s*** after the whistle blows :)

i'm glad he's coming good

What I like about Hudler is that he got smashed by Phaneuf vs The Flames which could have messed with his head and his game. He answers by playing terrific hockey against the Bolts. He's not big, but I feel like he's tough but in a resilient way.

I agree. Hes earned a lot of respect from me in that area. Whats funny is that hes this small little guy, yet the bigger guys like Sammy and Franzen are the ones with the injuries. Despite his stature, Ive noticed its not often that he gets hit hard or ridden into the boards. Hes definitely gotten smarter with his positioning since being in this league..

What I like about Hudler is that he got smashed by Phaneuf vs The Flames which could have messed with his head and his game. He answers by playing terrific hockey against the Bolts. He's not big, but I feel like he's tough but in a resilient way.

Ya I have been very impressed with Hudler not just this year but the past few years. Nice to see a Griffin come out and make such an impact. With the minutes a first liner normally gets I bet he could put up a good 70 or 80 points. Of course this won't happen when you got Z out there probably going for a triple digit year. I think both him and Fippula need to greatly increase their puck possesion skills before Babcock really lets them get the minutes they want. It's Detroit fellas and in Hockeytown if you can't hold onto the puck most of the game you sit your ass on the bench.

Ya I have been very impressed with Hudler not just this year but the past few years. Nice to see a Griffin come out and make such an impact. With the minutes a first liner normally gets I bet he could put up a good 70 or 80 points. Of course this won't happen when you got Z out there probably going for a triple digit year. I think both him and Fippula need to greatly increase their puck possesion skills before Babcock really lets them get the minutes they want. It's Detroit fellas and in Hockeytown if you can't hold onto the puck most of the game you sit your ass on the bench.

I'd actually say that's one of Filppula's biggest strengths. Once he has the puck it's awfully hard to remove it from him. Ah I'm talking about Flip again. :lol:

The only three names I'd comfortably place ahead of Hudler in puck possession ability are Lidstrom, Zetterberg, and Datsyuk. That's one aspect of his game he has no problems with. He knows where, when, and how to move the puck.

Huds needs to learn how to slip into the open spots on the ice like Hull use to. Babs needs to let this guy play some more minutes or come April ZDH is going to be gassed.

Well, if you're ever going to package off Hudler in a deal for a legit 2nd liner...now is probably the time as his value is going back up from where it was. Gotta sell when high.