• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
auxlepli

Penguins vs. Flyers at Beaver Stadium?

Rate this topic

why the penguins again?

They already have a outdoor game this year, it should be another team.

Because both teams play in Pennsylvania, and the only way to fill Beaver Stadium, which is F'-in huge and in the sticks, is to attract fans of both teams. It's a good idea. The Pens having an outdoor game doesn't preclude anyone else from having one.

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

why the penguins again?

They already have a outdoor game this year, it should be another team.

Phoniex vs atlanta in mexico city. MAKE IT HAPPEN BETTMAN!

The problem with having a hockey game at the Big House is that it has to be done during the daytime due to the stadium not having lights. Plus I don't think Univ. of Michigan is too thrilled about the idea of a hockey game in their football stadium. The cold war game wasnt even played at the Big House. It was played at Spartan Stadium. Now a hockey game at Ford Field is a strong possibility. That would be cool given that Ford Field will host the Frozen Four in 2010.

Knowing Bettman, he'd probably give us speeches about how Mexico City is a great hockey market, and that the fans there are more intelligent than we think.

make it an outdoor game too in april. :yowza:

Edited by timothy1997

The problem with having a hockey game at the Big House is that it has to be done during the daytime due to the stadium not having lights. Plus I don't think Univ. of Michigan is too thrilled about the idea of a hockey game in their football stadium. The cold war game wasnt even played at the Big House. It was played at Spartan Stadium. Now a hockey game at Ford Field is a strong possibility. That would be cool given that Ford Field will host the Frozen Four in 2010.

don't forget that that was also during a grass period for Michigan. know that was a big holdup for having a game there. but then again they might have similar resevations with thier new turf as well.

don't forget that that was also during a grass period for Michigan. know that was a big holdup for having a game there. but then again they might have similar resevations with thier new turf as well.

plus the cold war game if i recall was played at night. they can't do a night game at michigan stadium because they have no lights.

plus the cold war game if i recall was played at night. they can't do a night game at michigan stadium because they have no lights.

I think you are right about the night game. Which makes sense to have the game during the colder part of the day. So that's strike two against the big house in this case.

Not that I want to pick on my favorite school, but if you want to make 100,000+ sound like 20,000. Then you should put it in the big house. It so needs some sort of ceiling in it. Wether it be an upper level or small overhang (like I think the Vet had but not sure) to help focus the sound onto the field.

Having a game at Ford field would be an excellent tune-up for the frozen four to work out the kinks, plus should return more attendance records back to michigan.

How stupid is Gary Bettman for scheduling this game on of all days New Years Day during all the college bowl games. This f***in guy it clueless!!!

In regard to a potential Flyers/Penguins game, there's no mention of a date being considered.

As for the Pens/Sabres game in a week and a bit, I believe the scheduling of it was planned so that they would be competing against as few bowl games as possible (one, I think). That said, I don't follow college sports at all, so I have no idea.

In regard to a potential Flyers/Penguins game, there's no mention of a date being considered.

As for the Pens/Sabres game in a week and a bit, I believe the scheduling of it was planned so that they would be competing against as few bowl games as possible (one, I think). That said, I don't follow college sports at all, so I have no idea.

4 college football bowl games are in progress during the pittsburgh/buffalo game.

4 college football bowl games are in progress during the pittsburgh/buffalo game.

In all honesty, most college football fans don't know s*** about hockey and vice versa. Yes, there's always exceptions, but what I'm saying is that a true hockey fan will watch this game because you don't get many like it.

In all honesty, most college football fans don't know s*** about hockey and vice versa. Yes, there's always exceptions, but what I'm saying is that a true hockey fan will watch this game because you don't get many like it.

my post was in reply of MacK_Attack saying their was only 1 college football game.

I seriously doubt that you will have a large following of sports fans around Michigan that are interested in pittsburgh/buffalo while the Michigan-Florida football game is being played.

They should have made it another date if they wanted to catch the causal sports fan.