• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sevumar

Anyone else go to the game in Anaheim?

Rate this topic

I live in the area, so I decided to a buy a ticket and go see the game. It's the first time I've been to the Honda Center, so I wasn't quite sure what to expect. It's a nice, shiny venue, but it lacks the character and history of the Joe. The Ducks only have a few banners up, and 3/5 of them are all about Detroit's decision to let them borrow our Cup last year.

The crowd seems programmed to cheer at anything a player named Pronger or Niedermayer does, particulary when they decide to pick on the little guys. Meanwhile, anytime someone so much as touches a hair on any Duck head, they're screaming bloody murder. I guess that part isn't too different from your average hockey crowd, but they do seem easily offended there. Any time the penalty is against your team, the refs aren't wearing their glasses, but if it's against the other guys, boy, they really had it coming.

It was good to see so many red jerseys in the crowd, too. I don't recall seeing as many supporters for a visiting team at any of the other arenas I've visited.

I also discovered that we're fortunate to have a team with a two syllable name. When there's some guy in the crowd banging on a cow bell, trying to encourage the "Lets go <team name>" chant, it doesn't work too well if your team's name has one syllable. "Let's go Duuuh-uuuhcks" is completely lacking in charm.

I also discovered that we're fortunate to have a team with a two syllable name. When there's some guy in the crowd banging on a cow bell, trying to encourage the "Lets go <team name>" chant, it doesn't work too well if your team's name has one syllable. "Let's go Duuuh-uuuhcks" is completely lacking in charm.

Haha I noticed that too. That chant sounded horrific. :lol:

Traditionally there is a rather large contingent of Red Wings fans that are members here that make it an annual get-together to go to the games in Anaheim and Los Angeles.

Check out the "Group Events" forum here -- you'll find a large and dedicated group that meets up prior to the games (and on this trip, actually met with the players after practice this week on a couple of occasions.)

I love the irony though... the largest team in the league and with the most penalties and fighting majors for the past two years takes on the smallest team in the league with the least fighting majors and the crowd is whining the whole night about the Red Wings getting away with bloody murder. You could hear them over the TV.

i wasn't there last night, sadly. but i got to watch on tv....

living in so cal i can say that anaheim tries really hard to be a 'hockey city' these days, god bless em. they just don't understand a lot of how the game works both on and off the ice. of course there are exceptions, but overall, every time the wings win, there's always an excuse. it's usually bad reffing.

they try, they really do

but honest to god, if your tradition is singing 'ooooo ooo ooo ooo' during pennywise's 'bro hymn' everytime your team scores...... *shakes head*

like one person said, check out the other events forums. i know that there's a large so cal contingent of wings fans, and i've met a few of em. vladyibelieve16 is dilligent about organizing get togethers.

GO WINGS!

the traffic and weather coming to and leaving from the game was horrendous... didn't get into my seat until 4 minutes left in the 1st... god, i hate the ponda... staples is sooo much better... but on the bright side, (1) we won and (2) the parking attendant was also a wings fan, so she let me park for free. :thumbup:

Edited by FUUFNF

I went, I was sitting in sec. 411. great game!

I was in 415! Game was awesome. Loved getting rowdy and cursing infront of little girls with ducks jerseys.

Can I just say how much I hate the ducks? And that pronger will die, soon.

I was in 415! Game was awesome. Loved getting rowdy and cursing infront of little girls with ducks jerseys.

Can I just say how much I hate the ducks? And that pronger will die, soon.

I wish I'd thought of warping young minds while I was there. I forgot to mention that when the lady who scanned my ticket and searched my purse asked if I "had any squid in there." I told her we hold off on that until the playoffs.

We were there in section 221 row 5 at the blue line.

So was Wingnut25, Seal180, AndyinCA, Third Man In

Keep a peeper on the Group Events. I always post the get togethers there at least a few weeks prior to the visits out here.

We meet and greet at the preskate.

We were there in section 221 row 5 at the blue line.

So was Wingnut25, Seal180, AndyinCA, Third Man In

Keep a peeper on the Group Events. I always post the get togethers there at least a few weeks prior to the visits out here.

We meet and greet at the preskate.

what you do to organize all the wings fans for the cali area, well kings and ducks is awesome, I am kinda jealous you all congregate together and have fun. Wish the wings even came out here, let alone have some wings fans t hang out with.

Props VIB16 :thumbup:

Traditionally there is a rather large contingent of Red Wings fans that are members here that make it an annual get-together to go to the games in Anaheim and Los Angeles.

Check out the "Group Events" forum here -- you'll find a large and dedicated group that meets up prior to the games (and on this trip, actually met with the players after practice this week on a couple of occasions.)

well per the yucks board its because they are all KINGS fans that like to see a real team play.hahahaha

No way ANY of us are equally obsessed as you are!

But we do have lofty goals to aspire to......

Yes, you do have lofty goals to aspire to...I want to help each and every one of you achieve them!

Are you coming to ELN & my super bowl party?

Edited by VladyIBELIEVE16