• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
timothy1997

2008 NASCAR Thread

Rate this topic

Guest Jeremy88

What the hell man...

Dale Jr is pushing Stewart like crazy and Mears screws that up by wrecking.

Then Dale Jr gets a hell of a jump on the last restart but Kyle Busch has to slow down in front of Jr...so that takes Jr out of it.

Ryan Newman is like the most..."I don't care where he finishes" driver. What a boring way to finish it.

What the hell man...

Then Dale Jr gets a hell of a jump on the last restart but Kyle Busch has to slow down in front of Jr...so that takes Jr out of it.

Ryan Newman is like the most..."I don't care where he finishes" driver. What a boring way to finish it.

Yeah, somewhat lame. Only reason he won was because he got a major push from Kurt Busch.

I was pullin for Jr but he had no help those last few laps, and he didnt have the quickest car.

Oh well, should still be a good year for the Hendricks team and Jr.

What the hell man...

Hehe...whatever, dude.

Woohoo!!

newmanwins.jpg

:w00t2::yahoo::w00t2:

I personally think Jr. blew it when they chose not to pit down the stretch in two critical moments. Newman and Stewart took advantage of fresher tires and blew by Jr. I really was surprise to see Stewart lose that race once he took the white flag in the lead.

I personally think Jr. blew it when they chose not to pit down the stretch in two critical moments. Newman and Stewart took advantage of fresher tires and blew by Jr. I really was surprise to see Stewart lose that race once he took the white flag in the lead.

Exactly. Combine that with no other Chevys up there to help him at the end and he had no shot. The Gibbs Toyotas were dominant all along, but in the end the Dodges were all there and got great drafting help. 7 of the top 11 cars were Dodges. The remaining four were two Toys, a Chevy, and a Ford.

Yea exactly. He was supposed to pit but apparently there was to much chatter over the radio and his crew chief didnt have time to tell him.

Im also surprised that Stewart or Kyle didnt win. Kyle had the quickest car. The Joe Gibbs toyotas were very quick. They'll be right up there with Hendricks all year.

Guest Jeremy88

Yeah Jr did screw himself by not pitting. Damn...oh well, he'll get 'em next week.

And man...Tony Stewart is just like Big E...wins everything but the 500. Keep going hard Tony, next year will be your year!

well since NASCAR is having their first rain delayed race today, what do you guys think NASCAR should do in order to fix this, or is it fine just the way it is? are you in favor of putting sipes in the tread to get more of a groove? personally I think that would work great on road corses but not on the short, long tracks...plus you gotta get wipers for cars too so the driver can see.

I don't think there's much NASCAR can do about rain. It'd be nice to think, well they should stop being such pansies about a little water on the track. A few good wrecks can be good for the sport. But there's that whole pesky "driver safety" issue that seems to be getting in the way. Maybe they could compromise by only being so anal about the corners and letting the straightaways slide a bit.

What does everyone think about the penalty NASCAR slapped Robby Gordon with? I'm not happy about it. I like Robby Gordon, the way he's an independent owner-driver, and I think it's really dumb to penalize a driver for neither racing nor qualifying - in other words, not competing - with the so called illegal part, which isn't even anything different from anything else.

I don't think there's much NASCAR can do about rain. It'd be nice to think, well they should stop being such pansies about a little water on the track. A few good wrecks can be good for the sport. But there's that whole pesky "driver safety" issue that seems to be getting in the way. Maybe they could compromise by only being so anal about the corners and letting the straightaways slide a bit.

What does everyone think about the penalty NASCAR slapped Robby Gordon with? I'm not happy about it. I like Robby Gordon, the way he's an independent owner-driver, and I think it's really dumb to penalize a driver for neither racing nor qualifying - in other words, not competing - with the so called illegal part, which isn't even anything different from anything else.

I am find with the Robby Gordon penalty. He cheated, he got caught, he got docked points. NASCAR doesn't dilly-dally when someone cheats. They penalize right away. I wish sometimes all the other sports leagues were that swifty with judgement.

Guest Jeremy88

Nascar is a bunch of morons for starting the race today. A blind man could see that the cracks in the track were putting water on the track, but for some reason they still put the cars on the track...5 cars were taken out because nascar made a really stupid call. Because of nascar's dumb call, those 5 teams are going to have a bad points day, and their safety was jeopardized.

They shouldn't have raced today...

Nascar is a bunch of morons for starting the race today. A blind man could see that the cracks in the track were putting water on the track, but for some reason they still put the cars on the track...5 cars were taken out because nascar made a really stupid call. Because of nascar's dumb call, those 5 teams are going to have a bad points day, and their safety was jeopardized.

They shouldn't have raced today...

I agree. Casey Mears to me got hurt the most in his crash because of poor race conditions

I am find with the Robby Gordon penalty. He cheated, he got caught, he got docked points. NASCAR doesn't dilly-dally when someone cheats. They penalize right away. I wish sometimes all the other sports leagues were that swifty with judgement.

Yeah, but how did he cheat? He didn't race a single lap of competition with the part. The part never even made it onto the track.

That race was f'ing painful. I turned it off. Lame as hell, watching them run three laps and go caution. I agree, they ought to have just called the race a no-go and refunded the money and stopped wasting everyone's time. If they finish it, it's just not going to feel like a proper race.

Guest Jeremy88
I agree. Casey Mears to me got hurt the most in his crash because of poor race conditions

Yeah...that wreck looked wierd. He got flipped over and then hornish's car caught fire...he could have really been hurt

Guest Jeremy88

Way to go Nascar! And you're trying to make more fans haha

First you start the race in a rush without actually making sure the track is safe...then because of water on the track, 5 drivers are taken out...two drivers are put in more danger due to a fire, oh yeah, and the most popular driver gets taken out...fans sure won't be happy.

Secondly, you continue to try to run the race...even making east coast fans stay up late. You say "We'll have an update at 11"...so we stay up til 11 to watch the update, and it says the race will start midnight. Then at midnight you say 1 am...then at 1 am, you say 2 am. Then after we've stayed up until 2 in the morning, THAT's when you decide to reschedule the race for Monday afternoon.

f*** you nascar...f*** you.

Way to go Nascar! And you're trying to make more fans haha

First you start the race in a rush without actually making sure the track is safe...then because of water on the track, 5 drivers are taken out...two drivers are put in more danger due to a fire, oh yeah, and the most popular driver gets taken out...fans sure won't be happy.

Secondly, you continue to try to run the race...even making east coast fans stay up late. You say "We'll have an update at 11"...so we stay up til 11 to watch the update, and it says the race will start midnight. Then at midnight you say 1 am...then at 1 am, you say 2 am. Then after we've stayed up until 2 in the morning, THAT's when you decide to reschedule the race for Monday afternoon.

f*** you nascar...f*** you.

Not to mention the Busch er, Nationwide race is postponed to whenever. You wonder how many of these casual sports fans sold their tickets last night just to get outta dodge.

Guest Jeremy88

Kyle Busch got the pole for Vegas...I'm really beginning to like him now that he's driving for Gibbs.

Dale Jr qualified 8th...and he is UNDEFEATED in the National Guard car :D

Kyle Busch got the pole for Vegas...I'm really beginning to like him now that he's driving for Gibbs.

Dale Jr qualified 8th...and he is UNDEFEATED in the National Guard car :D

Screw Gibbs. Toyotas. If there's a particular team I'm pulling for, it's Penske.

Guest Jeremy88
Screw Gibbs. Toyotas. If there's a particular team I'm pulling for, it's Penske.

I cheer for the driver, not the manufacturer. Tony Stewart has always been my 2nd favorite next to Dale Jr, and at first I thought the move to Toyota would make me not like Tony, but then I realized that's dumb. I like Tony because of his personality and the way he drives, not because of what logo is on the car.

I cheer for the driver, not the manufacturer. Tony Stewart has always been my 2nd favorite next to Dale Jr, and at first I thought the move to Toyota would make me not like Tony, but then I realized that's dumb. I like Tony because of his personality and the way he drives, not because of what logo is on the car.

Being as Toyota is one of several direct contributors to the decline of my hometown and favorite city, and the better Toyota does the worse Detroit does, it'd be inconceivable for me to root for Toyota when they're in direct competition with Detroit like this. My borderline-irrational attachment to Detroit is the reason I root for Penske as well.

NASCAR will be complete hypocrites if they uphold the penalty on Robby Gordon now. They just let Carl Edwards slide even though his crew sent a tire bouncing down pit road. It was really the fault of the TV crew that got in the way, but NASCAR is maintaining that intent doesn't matter in the Gordon case, aren't they?

Guest Jeremy88
NASCAR will be complete hypocrites if they uphold the penalty on Robby Gordon now. They just let Carl Edwards slide even though his crew sent a tire bouncing down pit road. It was really the fault of the TV crew that got in the way, but NASCAR is maintaining that intent doesn't matter in the Gordon case, aren't they?

But Nascar is always hypocritical...

Good race today, wish Jr had of had something for Carl at the end, but oh well.

Hope Stewart is ok...he looked pretty banged up after hitting the wall.

But Nascar is always hypocritical...

Good race today, wish Jr had of had something for Carl at the end, but oh well.

Hope Stewart is ok...he looked pretty banged up after hitting the wall.

I'm kind of new to this whole following NASCAR closely thing. But yeah, I've heard them criticized fairly heavily in the past for not applying their rules consistently.