• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
JayUp88

Free in St. Louis

Rate this topic

I stumbled across this on the blues site.

ST. LOUIS – The St. Louis Blues offered complimentary food and beverages to all fans in attendance for the Jan. 19 game vs. the Nashville Predators.

It was the second consecutive season that the Blues offered free food to fans.

The promotion, designed to treat area sports fans and families, provided free hot dogs, chicken fingers, chips, popcorn, peanuts, soft drinks and water. The food was available from the moment the gates opened at noon until the end of the second intermission.

St. Louis Blues chairman Dave Checketts and his family were among the volunteers giving out food to fans.

Thousands of hot dogs and chicken fingers were handed out as a way to say thank you to the fans for their support.

how cool would that be to do at the JLA. I could go for a free hot and ready. I am pretty sure they still paid for the beer though.

they had dollar hot dog night not long ago didn't they?

They had three of them i think. I was only about to make it to one of them but those went very well. It was great being able to eat dinner at the game without bleeding for it.

Enter OsGod with an angry response about "Money Bags Illitch".

Ditto....

Mr. Moneybags sucks ass! :D

Bring back the Buy One / Get One coupons in the entertainment book... You know, back when we sucked and couldn't sell out!!!! Funny enough... same issue (not selling out) but different success rate (horrible vs. good) maybe the wings just need to be mediocore... since it is obviously not the ticket prices causeing the lack of attendance!

The only time i have seen free hot dogs and drinks at the JLA was when they had the Season Ticket holders skate at the Joe and locker room tours. Other than that, nada. I am suprised they haven't found a way to put a meter on the drinking fountains... Thats an UnTapped source of revenue right there!

I have nothing but fond memories about St. Louis... The arena was beautiful, the fans were friendly and the atomosphere was great!

Columbus is another great place. Free programs ($7 here) and they have times when you can meet and greet the entire team in the concourse after a few select games.... Have a player join a 4-some for bowling, bunch of s*** i have only seen the OHL teams around here do.... Never with the wings. Unless you want to pay $500 (probably...s***...hopefully less) for a wine tasting.

Edited by OsGOD

Osgod.... "I am you're father" Darth Illitch aka Moneybags.

Do you eat Domino's Pizza even though it taste like cardboard to make sure he doesn't get anymore of your money?

Edited by lfd250

Osgod.... "I am you're father" Darth Illitch aka Moneybags.

Do you eat Domino's Pizza even though it taste like cardboard to make sure he doesn't get anymore of your money?

Nope... Jets :D bbq chicken all da way!

or those U-bake pizzas from this italian joint down here... Maria's Bakery (Haggerty and Cherry Hill for all those in the canton area... gotta check them out)

Edited by OsGOD

Hey, come on... I complain about Illitch just as much. I feel left out... :hehe:

I had you in my thoughts as i was writing my reply... so i tried to include things that would make you happy :lol:

they had dollar hot dog night not long ago didn't they?

I was at one of those games. Worse night ever, if you wanted a dollar hot dog. Every time i got to the front of the line they would tell me that they just ran out and that it would be a bout 20 min before they had anymore. You would think that they would try and prepare for something like that a little better.

I ended up getting an $8 sandwich with a $.99 bag of chips that i had to pay $2 for and $4 soda.

I understand the current state of the two franchises (one is trying to regain its fan support while the other is a traditional, winning market) but would it kill the Red Wings to try something like this? It's not like they have a state of the art venue they're paying for and, in a way, they're also trying to win back the fans. Why not, for one game a year, try this type of promotion?

According to all the folks in St. Louis, the event is very well run. No lines, no hassle and you even got the owner himself serving the food.

All that on top of the great specials they normally get such as their Club Seats where you pay around 100 bucks for the best seat in the house (mid level), free parking and free food service (not including beer). 100 bucks at the Joe doesn't get you into the lower bowl for most Wings games.

Somethin' wrong wid dat.

I understand the current state of the two franchises (one is trying to regain its fan support while the other is a traditional, winning market) but would it kill the Red Wings to try something like this? It's not like they have a state of the art venue they're paying for and, in a way, they're also trying to win back the fans. Why not, for one game a year, try this type of promotion?

According to all the folks in St. Louis, the event is very well run. No lines, no hassle and you even got the owner himself serving the food.

All that on top of the great specials they normally get such as their Club Seats where you pay around 100 bucks for the best seat in the house (mid level), free parking and free food service (not including beer). 100 bucks at the Joe doesn't get you into the lower bowl for most Wings games.

Somethin' wrong wid dat.

Are you the ones that have taco night if you score like 4 or more goals? or is that columbus? I remember being at a game with the fans chanting TACO TACO TACO and then each ticket got you a free hard taco at TacoBell the next day (unfortunatly we were heading back to Michigan right after the game and lost out)