• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

NeverForgetMac25

The 2008 Trade Deadline Thread

Rate this topic

As a last resort and as a replacement for Lebda on the #3 pair with Chelios and just to add depth in general, I'd take him, if the price is right. He sure can clear a crease.

I agree, he would open up some space in front of the net. :thumbup:

I didn't mean to be deceiving. I was right on Bertuzzi last year. The Wings seem to get someone that we don't expect. The top players mentioned by the Media would take to much to get. We would have to give up alot. So what does Detroit do? They get someone that the media has not mentioned.

Yeah I think it is mostly me reading into the title/caption more then I should, I totaly ignored the '?' oh well this would be a cool trade if it happened. We would have a huge defense core.

I wouldn't put Dallas ahead of us just yet. They have to get out of the 1st round of the playoffs before they get any fear from me. Their stars (no pun intended) have a way of disappearing in big games.

Yeah but Modano and Morrow were both coming off of significant injuries. And Ribeiro has come into his own, as has Turco (believe it or not). Not to mention theyve got some good rough and tumble guys who can score upwards of 15 goals a season that are exactly the type of guys that perform well in the playoffs - Lundqvist, Eriksson, and Hagman in particular. Add Richards to the mix and the fact that theyve got a deep defense thats great at moving the puck, youve got yourself a team that I would say is much more playoff ready than our Wings.

I laughed too. To clarify for those that didn't hear/see.....they posed the question about which you'd rather have: Lidstrom or Pronger. Everyone said Lidstrom.

Classic!

Color me genuinely surprised at that! Hell, I'm surprised no one said, "Neither, I'll take Scotty Needavacation..." :P

I laughed too. To clarify for those that didn't hear/see.....they posed the question about which you'd rather have: Lidstrom or Pronger. Everyone said Lidstrom.

Classic!

I was waiting to here Panger say something about how cheap Pronger is and that he would never take a dirty player like that.

Yeah...you should follow the Eastern Conference a little more. Theyre easily a top 3 team in the East this year. Theyre a contender..

No dude, I do follow the East, and I have seen plenty of Montreal games this year. I realize where they are positioned. That was more of a personal opinion of mine, and what I'm really starting to realize is that my opinion is only slightly less valid then any of these other TSN "experts" (Pierre is a doooosh".

But think about it, if Montreal can't catch Ottawa (which is possible, but I don't expect them to) then there is a very good chance of a very good first round series between Habs v Pens. Honestly, I think the Pens win and the Habs get snuffed out first round. I just don't see this team as a threat. I could be wrong, and I will eat crow, hell, I'll eat a live crow. But that's just my opinion.

If Eklund says it, we can cross Minny off the list of potential teams for those two to end up on. Still a solid chance one or both will end up in Detroit. :D

Let's hope you're right!!

No dude, I do follow the East, and I have seen plenty of Montreal games this year. I realize where they are positioned. That was more of a personal opinion of mine, and what I'm really starting to realize is that my opinion is only slightly less valid then any of these other TSN "experts" (Pierre is a doooosh".

But think about it, if Montreal can't catch Ottawa (which is possible, but I don't expect them to) then there is a very good chance of a very good first round series between Habs v Pens. Honestly, I think the Pens win and the Habs get snuffed out first round. I just don't see this team as a threat. I could be wrong, and I will eat crow, hell, I'll eat a live crow. But that's just my opinion.

I dont know. The Habs have a lot of scoring if they add Hossa, and theyve really got it all in other respects too. Great goaltending thats as deep as it gets and their top 2 Dmen in Markov and Hamrlik...followed by Komisarek...is a great start to any defense.

Plus...the East is a cakewalk. I dont think theyll end up in the finals, but theyll make some noise without a doubt..