• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
DenJ91

question about nhl jersey's with lettering

Rate this topic

so as soon as i found out fedorov was traded i ordered a caps jersey with his name/number on it. so i get it today to find out that the logo, name and number on the back and sleeve aren't actually sewn on, they are iron pressed on and they have fake stitching inside the trim to look like it's sewn. i'm pretty dissappointed. the last jersey i bought was gaborik's his rookie year and it's such a nice jersey with it really being sewn on everywhere. the only thing sewn on this new reebok one is the shoulder logo. is this the case with all new embroidery?? not that i'm going to wear it to play hockey in but i just don't feel the longevity is there if you were to wash it every so often. i don't know the life length of this stuff being just pressed on. i'm really not happy about it. and is it the case with every team's jersey's now. it costs the same, why are they getting cheap on us. i'm so pissed. i will say though that the reebok jersey's themself are really nice, lightweight

Edited by DenJ91

Sounds cheap too me.. where'd you order it from?

nhl.com $165 or something like that. same price jersey's always cost. my gaborik one cost that, although i bought the wild jersey and took it too a shop near me that does embroidery. although i figured they just do what is authentic to the nhl, which is what nhl.com i would assume does.

anyone order a jersey recently from nhl.com and have it not be sewn on, or is that just the standard now?

edit: so i call nhl.com and apparently you have to spend $265 on the authentic jersey just in order to have the name etc sewn on which costs another $60 or whatever. so you have to spend $300+ these days to have it look nice when i've always had jersey's sewn on. it's unacceptable to me, and i can't return it cause it's customized. so after all my complaining they gave me 20% off my order.

I WILL NEVER BUY ANYTHING FROM NHL.COM AGAIN!! buyers beware if your looking to buy jersey's embroidered.

Edited by DenJ91

hahahaha wow thanks for letting us know heads up thats pathetic...i've always wanted to buy ovechkin/Z/Dats shirts from there i bought a zetterberg in a large? but it was seriously 10 times bigger than a large AND every time i wore it when the wings played they lost so i don't wear that s*** anymore bad luck.

That's not the standard... my brother just ordered a Wings jersey and everything was top quality, real embroidery.

If you paid that much money from shop.nhl.com it should be 100% authentic:

100% polyester two-way stretch pique

Polyester interlock knit rib collar

Solid mesh inserts provide ventilation

NHL® Shield patch sewn on the bottom of the front collar fabric insert

Engineered and constructed to duplicate the look of on-ice team designs

Front crest of the jersey is embroidered just like the authentic jersey

Single layer screen-printed twill personalized name and number heat pressed on the back

Single layer screen-printed tackle twill shoulder patches (where applicable) are sewn directly to the jersey

Reebok® vector embroidered on the sleeve and back neck

Woven jock tag with alpha sizing on the lower left front

Decorated in the team colors

Officially licensed

Imported

If anything isn't the same as it says there the only thing I could tell you to do is complain.

nhl.com $165 or something like that. same price jersey's always cost. my gaborik one cost that, although i bought the wild jersey and took it too a shop near me that does embroidery. although i figured they just do what is authentic to the nhl, which is what nhl.com i would assume does.

anyone order a jersey recently from nhl.com and have it not be sewn on, or is that just the standard now?

edit: so i call nhl.com and apparently you have to spend $265 on the authentic jersey just in order to have the name etc sewn on which costs another $60 or whatever. so you have to spend $300+ these days to have it look nice when i've always had jersey's sewn on. it's unacceptable to me, and i can't return it cause it's customized. so after all my complaining they gave me 20% off my order.

I WILL NEVER BUY ANYTHING FROM NHL.COM AGAIN!! buyers beware if your looking to buy jersey's embroidered.

Or you could just do that. Now I ask my brother and he says he paid about 300$ so yeah... thanks for the heads up.

yeah your brother paid $300+, that's why. apparently the days of jersey's embroidered are over unless you spend that much. it's unreal, and i gave the poor girl on the phone a hard time but they need to know they are screwing fans over.

so now i'm forced to buy a new blank jersey, take it to a place near me, they will then embroider it for me sewn on which if i had known is what i should have done in the first place.

i'm telling everyone i know don't buy customized jersey's from nhl.com anymore unless you shell out ridiculous money which they don't deserve.

Edited by DenJ91

oh and while i'm giving a heads up, if you're my size: 5'10, 5'11", athletic build, get a medium. large is alittle too big. that's the ONLY plus is that i'm gonna get a new one, this time washington road white in a medium to fit me better.

ahhhhhhh what crap, screw you nhl.com!!!

Sucks for you, but it seems as though you should have done a lot more research. I have never bought a jersey from nhl.com because of the fact that is costs so much so I do what you are saying, buy a black and get customized myself at local place. I knew that you had to pay $260 for authentic jersey's, and it was not hard to find on the site.

Completely overpriced; I get customized for $180-$200 at local place.

Next year, Jimmy Howard Jersey. Although will he always wear #35? Or when Drapes retires will he go with 33? Any way Jimmy Howard jersey will be sweet.

Sucks for you, but it seems as though you should have done a lot more research. I have never bought a jersey from nhl.com because of the fact that is costs so much so I do what you are saying, buy a black and get customized myself at local place. I knew that you had to pay $260 for authentic jersey's, and it was not hard to find on the site.

Completely overpriced; I get customized for $180-$200 at local place.

Next year, Jimmy Howard Jersey. Although will he always wear #35? Or when Drapes retires will he go with 33? Any way Jimmy Howard jersey will be sweet.

dude i know you're kinda trying to give me advice but it comes off as being a d*ck. the price for jersey's plus sewn on names/#'s has always been in the $170 range, sorry i didn't think i needed the $300+ jersey for that. i'm already irritated i don't need you telling me in different words i'm an idiot for not looking at the fine print. $100 dollars more just to have it sewn is absurd. i'm doing it the right way (locally) from now on, enough said.

That's good to know.

In the past, both the replicas and the authentics had the embroidered team crest and appliqued "tackle twill" letters and numbers - I have probably a dozen sweaters of which 7 or 8 of them are replicas and aside from the fight strap and the double fabric on the elbows, you really have to look hard to tell which are which. It's really disappointing to know that they're just ironed-on letters and numbers now on the replicas, and still the same price they've always been. How tacky.

A question about the new Reebok replicas - do they still have that stupid size tag on the front, and if they do, is it removable? Or is it ironed on, and therefore stuck there for life? I really hate that tag and if I get a new sweater next season (I'm thinking Flip), I'd like to get a replica just due to the cost factor of an authentic.

Edited by Yzermania19

That's good to know.

In the past, both the replicas and the authentics had the embroidered team crest and appliqued "tackle twill" letters and numbers - I have probably a dozen sweaters of which 7 or 8 of them are replicas and aside from the fight strap and the double fabric on the elbows, you really have to look hard to tell which are which. It's really disappointing to know that they're just ironed-on letters and numbers now on the replicas, and still the same price they've always been. How tacky.

A question about the new Reebok replicas - do they still have that stupid size tag on the front, and if they do, is it removable? Or is it ironed on, and therefore stuck there for life? I really hate that tag and if I get a new sweater next season (I'm thinking Flip), I'd like to get a replica just due to the cost factor of an authentic.

yes the size tag is there. like who wants to advertise what size they are! i mean i'm a medium, but if i'm a really fat guy who wears xxl, it's already noticeable i'm fat, do i have to have my jersey size shown for everyone too. i mean what the hell is the point. and yes it's sewn on. wooopee, for the same price i get name/# ironed on but the size tag is sewn.

don't be worried about the quality of the actual replica though, they are really nice.

one other point i'll make is that, sure from 20' feet away you can't really tell it's not sewn on, but when your looking at it up close you can and nhl.com should be embarrassed to sell something like that for such a high price

Edited by DenJ91

When I was in the market for my new style jersey I checked them out at Pepsi Center before purchasing (boy am I glad I did)

The premier avs jerseys look cheap because the foot on the shoulder looks like a cheap screen print, after I saw that I said "it's authentic or nothing" They are still like $175... forget that!

Almost $300 later I have my authentic RBK edge avs jersey and it's beautiful. Expensive, but I love it!

Edited by tiff_luvs_homer

When I was in the market for my new style jersey I checked them out at Pepsi Center before purchasing (boy am I glad I did)

The premier avs jerseys look cheap because the foot on the shoulder looks like a cheap screen print, after I saw that I said "it's authentic or nothing" They are still like $175... forget that!

Almost $300 later I have my authentic RBK edge avs jersey and it's beautiful. Expensive, but I love it!

well the shoulder logo is the only thing actually sewn on the jersey. there's no way anyone should have to pay $300 though for a player jersey. it's insulting to us fans in my opinion. buy the replica's ($114), which are still very very nice but overpriced online, take it to a local shop that gets the official colors to embroider for around $70, so then for $190 your done, not $300.

That's not the standard... my brother just ordered a Wings jersey and everything was top quality, real embroidery.

If you paid that much money from shop.nhl.com it should be 100% authentic:

100% polyester two-way stretch pique

Polyester interlock knit rib collar

Solid mesh inserts provide ventilation

NHL® Shield patch sewn on the bottom of the front collar fabric insert

Engineered and constructed to duplicate the look of on-ice team designs

Front crest of the jersey is embroidered just like the authentic jersey

Single layer screen-printed twill personalized name and number heat pressed on the back

Single layer screen-printed tackle twill shoulder patches (where applicable) are sewn directly to the jersey

Reebok® vector embroidered on the sleeve and back neck

Woven jock tag with alpha sizing on the lower left front

Decorated in the team colors

Officially licensed

Imported

If anything isn't the same as it says there the only thing I could tell you to do is complain.

Well. it says right there "Single layer screen-printed twill personalized name and number heat pressed on the back " So they Are advertising heat pressed as opposed to stitching. I'd advise just taking them in to your local shop that does stitching. I got my Zetterberg from the Joe, and as was discussed before, the actual numbers on the back are too small. I knew that going in, and thought 155$ was still a decent price for the jersey.

I've heard about this about authentic jerseys from nhl.com. It's a real shame the NHL is screwing fans like this. First they change them so they're supposed to be better, then they pull these shenanigans. It's more fuel for the fire. I've posted it many times before, but I'll never buy another NHL jersey again.

I saw we all leave feedback on nhl.com about this. maybe with enough complaints they will realize they are dumbasses. especially with the size tag stitched on the front

i know right, seriously what is the deal with the size tag on the front!!!!!!!??

if you bring your authentic jersey to a mom & pop shop to get a name stitched, make sure they know about the font and the curve. sorry... this is a huge pet peeve of mine.

Thats why i refuse to get the new style of this jersey... they lettering is s***ty. SportsK.com has the older "better" styles for cheap.... and they are 100% stitched on.

Thats why i refuse to get the new style of this jersey... they lettering is s***ty. SportsK.com has the older "better" styles for cheap.... and they are 100% stitched on.

:thumbup: thank you thank you thank you for helping me out with that when you did!

BTW - WTF is up with yur avatars :lol:

:lol: you dont like my artwork?

IMHO ya should've added Filppula to Osgod's avatar.....IMO Filpulla looks like a cross-dressing woman :blink:

haha I might be able to whip up a Flip one....although not tonight as I am on my way to bed....there is however one already made waiting in the wings for when this person gets back from his injury....but it will be awhile :shifty: