• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
#19=Legend

All Time Favorite Fights

Rate this topic

Here's a KO that proves that anything can happen in a fight. It feels weird seeing Probert laying on the ice like that, but to his credit he came back later that game to get revenge.

Wow. I never saw that fight or even heard about it. He caught probert right on the button.

It looks like that was early in his career? 86-87 maybe?

It says round 3, but this might be the rematch.

Edited by haroldsnepsts

I think the one you posted Harold is from the same game that Ewen dropped him in. I believe this one is actually rd 3 from a later game

Wow. I never saw that fight or even heard about it. He caught probert right on the button.

It looks like that was early in his career? 86-86 maybe?

It says round 3, but this might be the rematch.

Yep, 86/87 season.

Here's a couple of great slugfests involving Tie Domi. I know many people hated him, but he gave up lots of size to just about everyone he fought, yet that never affected him. Definitely a top 10 guy in my book for his willingness and longevity taking on all-comers.

Not the greatest fight, but although i hated Lemieux like the rest of you, there is a redeeming quality about his rematch with McCarty. Maybe cause it turned out to be closer than anyone would have expected, fights where guys come back after getting their ass beat and hold their own even as the monster underdog is something ive always appreciated. This fight is one my favorites because of the history behind it.

He still got his ass beat pretty handily.

Here's a couple of great slugfests involving Tie Domi. I know many people hated him, but he gave up lots of size to just about everyone he fought, yet that never affected him. Definitely a top 10 guy in my book for his willingness and longevity taking on all-comers.

domi had 2 main things going for him:

1- balance...he had a technique mastered where he would drag and lower his center of gravity so low that the bigger guy's reach was ineffective.

2-the guy was ambidextrous-could bang with left and right hands.

okay 3...he had the world's biggest head-thing was a frickin melon

yeah, top ten guy for me too. he did not always win, but he never got completely mauled (I mean turtle-esque mauled) either.

Edited by zombiewing

In the spirit of the season, I present one of McCarty's fights as a wing. He went against everybody's favorite can of tomato sauce, one Matthew Barnaby.

btw, I remember reading that Barnaby's wife was watching this game in horror as it happened. over-rated tough guy. All mouth, no bite. reminds you of a few cats, no?

anyhoo, Dmac vs 'tomato sauce' barnaby

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adjeV2Ksdos

In the spirit of the season, I present one of McCarty's fights as a wing. He went against everybody's favorite can of tomato sauce, one Matthew Barnaby.

btw, I remember reading that Barnaby's wife was watching this game in horror as it happened. over-rated tough guy. All mouth, no bite. reminds you of a few cats, no?

anyhoo, Dmac vs 'tomato sauce' barnaby

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adjeV2Ksdos

I wouldn't call Barnaby overrated. Early in his career he was a pretty good fighter, although he was backed up by Rob Ray and Brad May. By the time he had that fight with Mac, he was already useless as a fighter.

Also, I just found a great video of Brashear getting his ass kicked by Simon, when he started his career in Montreal. I don't think Brashear has ever been pounded like that since then.

Deadmarsh was not the same fighter after this scrap-he came back after this fight, in which he sustained a concussion, but he seemed a little punchy.

He ran a few Detroit goalies, so i was not too sympathetic

Eddiejo vs Deadmarsh

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_fXZoNbEhE&NR=1

I always hated Deadmarsh, and it was great seeing that happen to him.

Here's one of Shanny breaking Foote's nose.