• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
lfd250

No Octopi Matter

Rate this topic

So to recap, NHL Commissioner *** Bettman has said that Red Wings Zamboni guy Al Sobotka will be fined $10,000 if he twirls over his head the octopi that fans toss onto the ice during hockey games at the Joe Louis Arena.
Typo, or intentional? The world will never know ;)

Wow. Good find.

It's unfortunate that for every amazing reason we find to prove that Bettman is an idiot for making this nonsensical rule, he will come up with another twenty-five reasons that make no difference to his stupidity.

Wow. Good find.

It's unfortunate that for every amazing reason we find to prove that Bettman is an idiot for making this nonsensical rule, he will come up with another twenty-five reasons that make no difference to his stupidity.

This guy is so ridiculous. People hate commisioners in all sports, but man......this guy takes the cake. How hard is it to get a guy that actually knows hockey and cares about the sport. Wasnt he with the NBA for a while? Come on....i hate guys like this who dont give a rats ass what his rules do to the league....

Hell, this smacks of an episode of "Mythbusters". Bettman, are you paying attention???

SAVE THE OCTOPUS - THROW BETTMAN

good find LFD :thumbup: I find all of this sooooooooooo ridiculous. How long did it take the Refs to get the octopus off the ice tonight before the game? <_<

id say a better part of 4-5 min... pansies wouldnt even pick it up, they had to use shovels, which obviously made it worse as it cut the tenticles. It was worth it though, all swung it around in the entrance there where it couldnt hit the ice. place went psycho when he did it both times.

id say a better part of 4-5 min... pansies wouldnt even pick it up, they had to use shovels, which obviously made it worse as it cut the tenticles. It was worth it though, all swung it around in the entrance there where it couldnt hit the ice. place went psycho when he did it both times.

I was at work during the game, I am watching it now and it does take them forevvvvver to get it off the ice :blink:

Bettman is the worst thing to ever happen to hockey. We would have better luck going to africa and finding a tribesman that speaks in clicks to run our league.

I think a donation box would be a great idea to have at the Joe. Fans could pitch in very little, like 50 cents to a dollar and that 10,000 would be easy to reach. Bettman obviously does not respond to everyone calling him an idiot, but I have a feeling he might start thinking otherwise when he sees detroit fans paying for the fine every night.

Al Sobotka can't swing the octopus because "octopus matter" gets on the ice when he does. Didn't anyone else realize that octopus matter is already on the ice after the octopus hits it?

Also, when in the history of Detroit Red Wings hockey has this caused any problem for anyone whatsoever (an octopus hitting the ice and potential octopus matter being on the ice)?

Also, I'm hearing rumblings that it was Nashville who complained to the league about this. Even the Avs from the mid-late 90s, with all of our hatred between organizations, never stooped to that level. The Wings should counter complain about those catfish or those ridiculous Tootoo whistles.

Or better yet, when Nashville comes to town, we can all throw confederate flags and other redneck staples on the ice instead.

Not to mention two other items...

On the second octipus to hit the ice, the ref picked it up skated it to the avs bench AND left all the s*** on the ice... WTF #1?

Versus and the NHL use images of Al on the ice with an Octipus and in one clip he IS swinging it over his head... Enough for marketing BUT NOT for real use? WTF #2