• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

YoungGuns1340

Trade and Free Agent Game

Rate this topic

Not to sound like a jerk or anything, but does it really matter what agents have what players. I mean, there are no points for agents to earn, its just trying to get your player in an ideal situation.

Yeah there are. Agents get points based on how their players do. The GMs are judged based on the standings in the simulator. Unless I'm thinking of something totally different.

Yeah there are. Agents get points based on how their players do. The GMs are judged based on the standings in the simulator. Unless I'm thinking of something totally different.

K, i guess i misunderstood the rules to the game. If this is the case then i am all for whetever you guys want to do to make it fair.

Just a suggestion, since the agents are awarded points why not have the points actually mean something. In real life players flock the agents that have the reputation for having the most success signing their clients to the most lucrative deals. So in our league why not allow agents to use their points to "buy" players if they think it will help their overall cause.

For example 50pts would allow you to steal any other agents journeyman, 150pts would get you a mid-tier player, and 250pts would allow you to steal a superstar. The plus side would be you get the opportunity to steal a potentially hot client that might be easier to deal, the down side is you have to give us some of your overall pts which effect the ultimate standings, this would help to curve rampant stealing and make it a stragic move.

I think adding this element to the game will create another level of realism and excitement for the agents.

FYI the agents who's player is getting stolen wouldn't get the pts, the agent doing the stealing would just deduct that total from their overall pts. This would keep players from being stolen back and forth.

Just a suggestion, since the agents are awarded points why not have the points actually mean something. In real life players flock the agents that have the reputation for having the most success signing their clients to the most lucrative deals. So in our league why not allow agents to use their points to "buy" players if they think it will help their overall cause.

For example 50pts would allow you to steal any other agents journeyman, 150pts would get you a mid-tier player, and 250pts would allow you to steal a superstar. The plus side would be you get the opportunity to steal a potentially hot client that might be easier to deal, the down side is you have to give us some of your overall pts which effect the ultimate standings, this would help to curve rampant stealing and make it a stragic move.

I think adding this element to the game will create another level of realism and excitement for the agents.

FYI the agents who's player is getting stolen wouldn't get the pts, the agent doing the stealing would just deduct that total from their overall pts. This would keep players from being stolen back and forth.

I like it.

I'm not an agent so my opinion is invalid. But I'd just like to say that sounds like a great idea! :thumbup:

So, are we allowed to start signing our free agents now, before they hit free agency? Also, what happens when you sign someone elses RFA? How is the team that loses the player compensated?

Edited by Bannedforlife

That is an f'n sweet idea!!!!!

It has been mentioned that AGENTs will be ranked on player performance. After thinking it over, I think this makes zero sense. Agents should be ranked based on some sort of system that determines that they got the right amount of $$$ for their player.

Maybe the rest of you can think up a good system, but something like Money Earned/Points (salary+bonus divided by player performance) would work. The thinking here is that if you can get more money for a player that ends up producing less points... then you are a better agent. (By points here I mean "fantasy" points, for lack of a better term)

What do you guys think? Any better ideas?

EDIT - this system would also work well in Booster's proposed agent ranking system. You could use your Money/player points to "pay off" certain players to jump ship to your agency.

Edited by Jamaica Jon

It has been mentioned that AGENTs will be ranked on player performance. After thinking it over, I think this makes zero sense. Agents should be ranked based on some sort of system that determines that they got the right amount of $$$ for their player.

Maybe the rest of you can think up a good system, but something like Money Earned/Points would work. The thinking here is that if you can get more money for a player that ends up producing less points... then you are a better agent. (By points here I mean "fantasy" points, for lack of a better term)

I agree like the idiot that got Patrick Sharp 4million a season or the one the managed to get 4million a year for Bert...or the 10 year contract for Yashin that was bought out.

Maybe the rest of you can think up a good system, but something like Money Earned/Points (salary+bonus divided by player performance) would work. The thinking here is that if you can get more money for a player that ends up producing less points... then you are a better agent. (By points here I mean "fantasy" points, for lack of a better term)

EDIT - this system would also work well in Booster's proposed agent ranking system. You could use your Money/player points to "pay off" certain players to jump ship to your agency.

I think player performance should be part of it, especially if we're doing the fantasy draft thing. But you're right, we'd have to figure out some way to factor deals into it as well. Can't think of a good way off the bat though.

Man this game is getting bigger and more crazy than i thought! Haha. Just a few thoughts/opinions

Someone has mentioned an idea of setting up an "Agents Draft". I am not an agent, so my opinion may mean nothing to anyone that is an Agent, but i feel that a draft is a good idea for the agents. It was kind of lame that it was first come first served with the players. There are hundreds of players yes, but there are on maybe 100-200 players worth actually representing in a game like this. And for those who joined late or are still going to join, well they have lost out on alot of players that are good to represent. So maybe a draft would fix that problem. Also, with a draft, you could just keep drafting untill all the players are gone rather than continuing to cahgne the amount of players are allowed to be represented by one agent. Now with that said, it may be a big hassle for whoever has to organize it haha.

Secondly, i just had some questions on contracts. Are we going to honor cotrcts tht have no trade clauses? Im still confused as to how trades and signings can take place. Can we buyout contracts, if so how will that work? I guess maybe a briefing on what a GM would have to do in certain situations would help me. The closest thing i have done to this is fantasy hockey, and this is MUCH more advanced. The rules on the front page help a little bit, but there is still alot of confusion on my part, and im sure there are others that are in the same boat as me.

Man this game is getting bigger and more crazy than i thought! Haha. Just a few thoughts/opinions

Someone has mentioned an idea of setting up an "Agents Draft". I am not an agent, so my opinion may mean nothing to anyone that is an Agent, but i feel that a draft is a good idea for the agents. It was kind of lame that it was first come first served with the players. There are hundreds of players yes, but there are on maybe 100-200 players worth actually representing in a game like this. And for those who joined late or are still going to join, well they have lost out on alot of players that are good to represent. So maybe a draft would fix that problem. Also, with a draft, you could just keep drafting untill all the players are gone rather than continuing to cahgne the amount of players are allowed to be represented by one agent. Now with that said, it may be a big hassle for whoever has to organize it haha.

Secondly, i just had some questions on contracts. Are we going to honor cotrcts tht have no trade clauses? Im still confused as to how trades and signings can take place. Can we buyout contracts, if so how will that work? I guess maybe a briefing on what a GM would have to do in certain situations would help me. The closest thing i have done to this is fantasy hockey, and this is MUCH more advanced. The rules on the front page help a little bit, but there is still alot of confusion on my part, and im sure there are others that are in the same boat as me.

I'm not sold on the agent draft thing yet. Like IceMunkee, I put it in a lot of research time to pick my players. In the meantime, I lost out on a few players I really wanted, but got others that I picked for specific reasons. I wouldn't be too pleased to find out that all the time I spent might be wasted with a draft that resets everything. Unless the draft allowed for those of us who picked our players to keep 2 or 3 of them or something and forfeit a draft round (kind of like a keeper league), I don't think I like it.

First-come, first-serve can suck if you lose out... but it was the same situation with every other position in this game. I wanted to be a GM of about 5 teams, but by the time I read this - all of the ones I wanted were gone. Also, the advisory panel was already filled up.

Just my 2 cents.

I'm not sold on the agent draft thing yet. Like IceMunkee, I put it in a lot of research time to pick my players. In the meantime, I lost out on a few players I really wanted, but got others that I picked for specific reasons. I wouldn't be too pleased to find out that all the time I spent might be wasted with a draft that resets everything. Unless the draft allowed for those of us who picked our players to keep 2 or 3 of them or something and forfeit a draft round (kind of like a keeper league), I don't think I like it.

First-come, first-serve can suck if you lose out... but it was the same situation with every other position in this game. I wanted to be a GM of about 5 teams, but by the time I read this - all of the ones I wanted were gone. Also, the advisory panel was already filled up.

Just my 2 cents.

I see what you mean. The only thing is i dont think all the players re going to be accounted for by agents. I thought a draft would be a good way to make sure all the players were represented. Maybe if there wasa draft for the remaining NHL'ers and whoever agents have now can be kept...although then a draft would seem useless since alot of the BIG names guys are already taken...i dunno. Might be a lost cause haha. I just thought it would help organize everything a little smoother since it seems its getting quite large.

does anyone want to take over as GM of Vancouver, i can't and i need a replacement

If its because you are busy with finals and such right now, i dont think we are starting for a week or two, so if thats the reason, i wouldnt drop your team just yet. I was having the same issue as i am the GM of dallas. Fianls are here this week and next, but like i said there are alot of players still available and i dont think we are going to start for a few more weeks since we are still trying to tweak the rules and gameplay and get all the NHL'ers represented.

If its because you are busy with finals and such right now, i dont think we are starting for a week or two, so if thats the reason, i wouldnt drop your team just yet. I was having the same issue as i am the GM of dallas. Fianls are here this week and next, but like i said there are alot of players still available and i dont think we are going to start for a few more weeks since we are still trying to tweak the rules and gameplay and get all the NHL'ers represented.

My finals are spaced out over the next couple of weeks until the end of school, and I got some big projects too

I would love to be able to be a GM, but I've got a lot of studying to do, and would be too busy(finals are one a week during may and the first week of june)

Hey folks. There are a lot of things to sort out in this game, and as Im going to be busy for the next week - and because my computer died yesterday morning, which is why I havent updated anything - we will start the game around May 9th or so. Is this ok with everyone?

Hey folks. There are a lot of things to sort out in this game, and as Im going to be busy for the next week - and because my computer died yesterday morning, which is why I havent updated anything - we will start the game around May 9th or so. Is this ok with everyone?

As long as we know when. Just keep us posted.

For those debating the ¨points¨issues of agents, there are NO points for Agents and they are not ranked. It would be incredibly subjective and complicated to rank agents, but if someone wants to add that part to the game, go for it. But the way I saw it in the beginning, there were no rankings for GMs. They simply play their role as they would in the real NHL.

For those debating the ¨points¨issues of agents, there are NO points for Agents and they are not ranked. It would be incredibly subjective and complicated to rank agents, but if someone wants to add that part to the game, go for it. But the way I saw it in the beginning, there were no rankings for GMs. They simply play their role as they would in the real NHL.

If we used a (Money Earned) / (Player Performance) system to rank agents, it wouldn't be subjective at all. I don't know that it would be complicated either, but it would definitely be tedious. I just think the game would be a lot more fun for agents if there was a ranking/way to get better players. GMs at least have the standings to determine their progress... agents need something too. I'm not volunteering to run the agent side of things, but I would be willing to help.