• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Wings_Dynasty

Theodore to start Game 3; Forsberg hopeful

Rate this topic

lmao... oh so true... my dad was telling me how scared he was about tay-door being in the pipes.. i just laughed... that was before game 1... now i am really laughing!

Ha! I'm totally with you. I'm tempted right now to go back and look up my previous posts before this series even started and quote how I said they Theo has only beat a laughable excuse at offense in Minnesota. All my friends would say how great Theo is playing and I told them he has never been a Stanley Cup caliber goalie, and this year will be exception. I insisted that he faced a Minnesota team with no scoring ability and that he hardly stole any games from Minny in that series. Needless to say, my friends listen to what I have to say regarding hockey much more (considering I've played my whole life should help too..haha)

Again, do you guys not see the distinction between the Wings that Budaj faced and the Wings that Theo faced? I think if Detroit comes out and plays hard and they start Budaj, he's going to get lit up just like Theo. You start Theo and you hope that he's healthy and pissed and ready to elevate his game in order to hold off the Wings onslaught. This isn't as simple as Osgood/Hasek. Osgood's got a lot more experience, has won a Cup on his own back and had a great year more or less playing in a starting role. Budaj doesn't have those factors working for him.

Quoted for truth on the experience factor.

While I'm a little surprised, and somewhat welcoming of the decision, watch out what we wish for (see Edmonton series). All it takes is a win by the Avs this evening to get them confidence, and if they win game 4, this boards will be back to overreacting panic attack threads wanting to get a new captain and trading the entire team and thinking this team is lame/finished once again before the series is even over.

The Wings need not step off the gas pedal now, but don't be shocked if the Avalanche get back in this series. The Wings have flooped up in this situation before (both recovering from it and completely blowing it multiple times in recent years) and it can certainly happen again regardless of opponent/matchup.

Edited by SouthernWingsFan

this is great. Hopefully Theodores illness called "turcoitis"stays in his system for a couple more games. Once rare but now a widespread illness plaguing goaltenders who play the Detroit Red Wings.

I was going to say the same thing, but then I thought I had better read the earlier posts! I was very excited about us playing the Avs. I have never thought Theodore was considered a goalie in the league of Patrick Roy. I really believed the Wings would score goals on him. Though, having him pulled in 2 games is unreal. I believe he is just saying anything because even he can't believe how the Wings are scoring. Right now the Wings are playing like the cup is theirs, and no one is going to get in the way. Foresberg, or Jose Theodore will not stop the Wings, ack, in their quest for the cup! Everyone knows how we love to disappoint in Denver, so just bring on the next challenger, or risk being bled dry!

Oh, your avatar is pretty cool.

Well, Melrose said Theodore is the best goalie left in the playoffs. It's stupid not to go with him /sarcasm

Yeah , Melrose the clairvoyant (Ass monkey)......matters not who starts.................IMHO....We just need to play our game and that will take care of all !

Quoted for truth on the experience factor.

While I'm a little surprised, and somewhat welcoming of the decision, watch out what we wish for (see Edmonton series). All it takes is a win by the Avs this evening to get them confidence, and if they win game 4, this boards will be back to overreacting panic attack threads wanting to get a new captain and trading the entire team and thinking this team is lame/finished once again before the series is even over.

The Wings need not step off the gas pedal now, but don't be shocked if the Avalanche get back in this series. The Wings have flooped up in this situation before (both recovering from it and completely blowing it multiple times in recent years) and it can certainly happen again regardless of opponent/matchup.

I hope they continue full throttle. I really have a good feeling this year. After the Nashville series, or @ the end of that series, I felt like everything came together for the WINGS. Not to say that they can't or won't lose again, but I'm just very optimistic about not only this series , but the WCS and Finals as well !!

To me, this is the most interesting paragraph of the article, and no one has touched on it yet:

The Wings will not make any lineup changes. Kirk Maltby is recovered from his pulled hamstring and is available to play, but for now, rookie Darren Helm will remain in the lineup.

To me, this is the most interesting paragraph of the article, and no one has touched on it yet: The Wings will not make any lineup changes. Kirk Maltby is recovered from his pulled hamstring and is available to play, but for now, rookie Darren Helm will remain in the lineup.

two words: Wally Pipp.

Edited by puckloo39

I couldn't agree more. I'm just surprised no one else brought it up. If the Wings continue to win, there's no reason Maltby should be reinserted into the lineup.

True, but Maltby really elevates his game in the playoffs, and even at the end of this season. He could probably help, too. But I agree, don't mess with the chemistry yet.

I think Joe Q is making the right call...he has to get the team to be more confident about their keeper.....If the same results occur, he will know where he stands....which is..F%%%ed!!! Go Wings!

Peter is looking out for the team...long term! He has confidence they will pull it out! ...Yeah, right!

He won't be back...

True, but Maltby really elevates his game in the playoffs, and even at the end of this season. He could probably help, too. But I agree, don't mess with the chemistry yet.

No doubt. Malts has a tendancy of scoring big goals in the playoffs when the team desperately needs them (I.E. Game 1 against EDM in 2006), but you have to let it ride atleast until they lose a game.

The key to this is (as you said) chemistry, which the team is really doing well with at this point.