• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Matt

WCSF Game 4 GDT: Red Wings 8, Avalanche 2

Rate this topic

i had to watch the game on a few mins delay with the dvr but god damn that was a nice way to end the av with an all out ass whooping, i think before i go to work tommorow morning ill leave a broom on my best friends deck who btw is an avs fan.

memories of 2002 here tonight with all the goals tonight.

WTF was that Lilly??? He was holding his ass off the ice with his helmet on the glass. Is he drunk?

HAHAHA.

I thought the same thing. I think someone must have put scotch tape on his blades as a joke tonight.

Not me, good riddance. I'm glad we kicked the crap of Roy in his last game and I hope tonight was Sakic's

Except that wasn't Roy's last game.

SWEDISH ATTACK!!!

large_flag_of_sweden.gif

1st Period

Detroit 4:33, Mikael Samuelsson 1 (Andreas Lilja)

Detroit 18:34, Tomas Holmstrom 2 (Henrik Zetterberg, Pavel Datsyuk)

Detroit 19:21, Johan Franzen 9 (Valtteri Filppula, Brad Stuart)

2nd Period

Detroit 2:15, Henrik Zetterberg 6 (power play) (Nicklas Lidstrom, Pavel Datsyuk)

Detroit 5:45, Henrik Zetterberg 7 (Pavel Datsyuk)

Detroit 11:37, Johan Franzen 10 (shorthanded) (Henrik Zetterberg)

Detroit 17:15, Johan Franzen 11 (power play) (Nicklas Lidstrom, Jiri Hudler)

3rd Period

Detroit 8:02, Mikael Samuelsson 2 (Jiri Hudler, Valtteri Filppula

Every player scored today was Swedish!!

I've hated all the Avalance players; if Sakic played for a different team, I wouldn't hate him

I find that to be a ridiculous reason to hate an individual. I hate the Avalanche and even if the rivalry has died, I'll never look at them the same way I see other teams in the NHL, but Sakic has been a phenomenal player and role-model for the league.

Like no one hates Yzerman that's an Avs fan, I don't know how any Wings fan can hate Sakic.

Why? Sakic is one of those guys that I have nothing but respect for. He shouldn't be lumped in with Roy and his endless antics.

Yeah, Burnaby Joe is a stud. Too bad Vancouver couldn't have traded the farm for him back in his early days and built a team around the home town boy.

8 goals, all Swedes.

Two last words for ya; Dust Pan!

SWEDISH ATTACK!!!

large_flag_of_sweden.gif

1st Period

Detroit 4:33, Mikael Samuelsson 1 (Andreas Lilja)

Detroit 18:34, Tomas Holmstrom 2 (Henrik Zetterberg, Pavel Datsyuk)

Detroit 19:21, Johan Franzen 9 (Valtteri Filppula, Brad Stuart)

2nd Period

Detroit 2:15, Henrik Zetterberg 6 (power play) (Nicklas Lidstrom, Pavel Datsyuk)

Detroit 5:45, Henrik Zetterberg 7 (Pavel Datsyuk)

Detroit 11:37, Johan Franzen 10 (shorthanded) (Henrik Zetterberg)

Detroit 17:15, Johan Franzen 11 (power play) (Nicklas Lidstrom, Jiri Hudler)

3rd Period

Detroit 8:02, Mikael Samuelsson 2 (Jiri Hudler, Valtteri Filppula

Every player scored today was Swedish!!

wow, that's awesome! Gotta keep this up!!!

I find that to be a ridiculous reason to hate an individual. I hate the Avalanche and even if the rivalry has died, I'll never look at them the same way I see other teams in the NHL, but Sakic has been a phenomenal player and role-model for the league.

Like no one hates Yzerman that's an Avs fan, I don't know how any Wings fan can hate Sakic.

Oh, I know an Avs fan that hates Steve. I can't imagine WHY, but they do. So it can happen. I agree it makes no sense, but it's not outside the realm of possibility.

Yeah, Burnaby Joe is a stud. Too bad Vancouver couldn't have traded the farm for him back in his early days and built a team around the home town boy.

8 goals, all Swedes.

Two last words for ya; Dust Pan!

You stole my ring!

You can have this years :cup::hehe:

Sorry, I just do. I hate the Avs, plain and simple. I mute the TV when Keith Jones comes on because he used to play for the Avs. I never said Sakic wasn't good, I just don't like him.

I hate how they make it sound like we played half of Colorado. Until tonight they were only missing like two players a game. It was just that the players constantly rotated injuries.

And you know, injuries are part of the game. Detroit destroyed them like they should destroy. Before anyone makes excuses for Colorado they should realize this series that Detroit didn't HAVE to beat them this bad. Colorado still could've made a series out of it, even with injuries, but they didn't.

I'd say Colorado still had talent available on par with Nashville and look at what Nashville did. No excuses.

Now, I'm getting excited, but let's not get cocky again. Let the euphoria wear off and realize the next round is NOT going to be this easy.

Sakic is a great hockey player. He'll go down in history just like Yzerman. Sakic demands much respect.

Way to go tonight Wings. I never thought we would sweep the Avs like this. I thought for sure we were in it for a long haul. Man, did we dominate. :thumbup: