• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
egroen

Red Wings Rest...

Rate this topic

Rest is good, but the extra games where your opponent is getting battered and you are not are even better.

I am on the fatigue watch for the winner of the sharks/stars. In my humble opinion, the stars are starting to look tired in the later periods.

I would love for a 7 game monster to happen.

And that every 33 year curse is getting haunting.

Makes sense that rest can help as long as it's not for a prolonged period of time. I think rest hurt the tigers when they made it to the world series and had to wait like 2 weeks.

Let's not get silly. Playing baseball is enough rest as it is.

Guest drwings1

yeah, i think the rest will be good, just keep the intensity and consistency up, and NO INJURIES IN PRACTICE

Rest is good, but the extra games where your opponent is getting battered and you are not are even better.

I am on the fatigue watch for the winner of the sharks/stars. In my humble opinion, the stars are starting to look tired in the later periods.

I would love for a 7 game monster to happen.

And that every 33 year curse is getting haunting.

If by some miracle of God the Sharks win this series it wouldntbe that big of a deal. 1 horrible team makes it out of a series because the other team was good but then became horrible. Not the crowd favorite to win the Cup gets beat in 7 games by peewees after going up 3-0 in the series.

Besides, Im sure Dallas will win game 6 at home, they did it against the Dicks..I mean Ducks... and this 2 day rest is good for them to get some gas in their tanks to finish it off. They should have won game 5, but the frustration im sure will motivate some Stars players to be the difference maker.

Edited by RedLightGoesOn

I think the 3rd round will start like the 2nd round did for us last year. We probably will be slightly rusty in game 1, and whoever we play will be balls out do to having just finished a wild series. But as the series goes on, the Wings will keep getting better and better while our opponent will get tired. Let's just hope for 7 games for the stars and sharks :thumbup:

A prolonged Dallas/San Jose series is good for getting Chelios and Maltby healthy (and any other injuries rested), but what about the extra tape that coaches will be able to analyze of the opposition? Not just more opportunities for them to get ground down with more wear-n-tear, but also more opportunities for our staff to spot any weaknesses they might have and ways to exploit it.

I'm with the "don't pick your poison" crowd when it comes to hoping for one team or the other to win, but I do think an extended series between them is beneficial for the Wings.

Anaheim advanced to the conference Finals playing just 10 games last year, and had 8 days off between round 2 and 3. Granted they lost Game 1 to us, but it helped them overall.

We had a week off between round 2 and 3 in 2002 and won game 1 against Colorado.

The rest is a good thing. We've travelled about 12,000 less miles and played almost 3 fewer games(factoring in OT) compared to this point last year. Huge advantage.

The way they have been playing, I would almost prefer the Wings do not miss a beat and play Dallas as soon as possible.

However, a rest could be just what the doctor ordered, giving the injuries you know we do not hear about time to heal and allow them to come out again firing on all cylinders. Let San Jose and Dallas beat up on each other... it takes a toll, which we know from last year.

Do you think a long rest right now helps or hinders?

Any "rust" from the rest will likely only last part of the first game. Being healthy and not worn out will have an impact for the entire series at least. That said, Dallas is a good team but the are up on SJ because SJ didn't show up for the first few games and Dallas was able to squeak out 2 OT wins. I am not afraid of Dallas. They could easily be down 3-1 or 3-2 if the OT's went their way.

SJ will not win the series although it would be great if they pushed it to 7 games.