• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Real1

Is Sidney Crosby a diver?

Rate this topic

138 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Unlike many on this board, I am completely honest when it comes to my hockey 'career.' I also have never claimed to be some amazing wunderkind, nor did I pose it as 'look how awesome I am, I only ever got two penalties!' nor did I ever claim that I never got away with stuff. But your argument of 'it's impossible' doesn't work. One of the things that gets professional hockey players where they are is the ability to cheat and only get caught a small percentage of the time. As a personal rule, I typically abhor cheaters. I include intentionally committing a penalty to gain an advantage in play as cheating, and therefore refuse to do it. Kind of like how I don't like complaining to the ref about a call that was an obvious penalty. That's my personal style. I never claimed it made me a better person or a better player; simply that it made me rare if what was stated was true.

I wasn't trying to argue that you made it seem as if you were some sort of marvel for your lack of PIMs. Only that it is impossible to play hockey over the course of a few season (assuming you've played a bit since you referred to it as your 'hockey career') and not be called for something that wasn't teh result of being in the wrong place at the wrong time. Better yet, going up against a significantly weaker player, and getting a call against you because something looked like a penalty. It happens to all of us.

The only other feasable option is that you don't actually play with refs.

Seriously, I'm not trying to argue with you, but come on, especially in beer leagues penalties aren't always penalties, make up calls are made, and refs get the wrong guy.

I could be wrong, but I think even Wellwood has spent time in the box....

You missed the point.

Though he's racked up PIMs in other seasons (albeit a very low amount, usually around 12-14 and no higher than 20) Wellwood had 0 PIM in 2002-03 in 57 games played (not including 7 playoff games in which he also had 0 PIM) in the OHL. In addition, he had 0 PIM in 48 GP with the Leafs this year.

Not quite as impressive, he had 4 PIM in 54 GP in his 2001-02 OHL season, not including 16 playoff GP with 0 PIM. Also, 76 GP in the AHL in 03-04 with 6 PIM.

While playing clean and not getting called on coincidences must certainly be difficult, it's clearly possible as one person has managed to do it in multiple full seasons in different leagues and nearly done it a coupla other years as well.

Though he's racked up PIMs in other seasons (albeit a very low amount, usually around 12-14 and no higher than 20) Wellwood had 0 PIM in 2002-03 in 57 games played (not including 7 playoff games in which he also had 0 PIM) in the OHL. In addition, he had 0 PIM in 48 GP with the Leafs this year.

Not quite as impressive, he had 4 PIM in 54 GP in his 2001-02 OHL season, not including 16 playoff GP with 0 PIM. Also, 76 GP in the AHL in 03-04 with 6 PIM.

While playing clean and not getting called on coincidences must certainly be difficult, it's clearly possible as one person has managed to do it in multiple full seasons in different leagues and nearly done it a coupla other years as well.

Let me spell it out for you because you are clearly missing the point here.

No one is perfect, bad calls happen, and everyone takes penalties. It's the nature of the game. Even a stand up gent like Wellwood has taken more than two minor penalties.

If you have played the game you know what I'm talking about. I'm not saying it's impossible for a guy to go a full season without taking a penalty (BTW, Wellwood has never played a full season without taking a penalty. The closest was his 03-04 season in St. John's, 76 of 80 GP and only 6 PIMs.) just that it is impossible for a guy to play the game for any real lenght of time without taking a handful of penalties even if he didn't deserve them.

Unlike many on this board, I am completely honest when it comes to my hockey 'career.' I also have never claimed to be some amazing wunderkind, nor did I pose it as 'look how awesome I am, I only ever got two penalties!' nor did I ever claim that I never got away with stuff. But your argument of 'it's impossible' doesn't work. One of the things that gets professional hockey players where they are is the ability to cheat and only get caught a small percentage of the time. As a personal rule, I typically abhor cheaters. I include intentionally committing a penalty to gain an advantage in play as cheating, and therefore refuse to do it. Kind of like how I don't like complaining to the ref about a call that was an obvious penalty. That's my personal style. I never claimed it made me a better person or a better player; simply that it made me rare if what was stated was true.

How moral of you - but I guess that explains why you didn't make much of a hockey player.

I could be wrong, but I think even Wellwood has spent time in the box....

You missed the point.

No - I didn't. I wasn't arguing with you, I just wanted to point out the freak's stats.

Crosby is a hell of an offense player with an unbelievable amount of talent and potential. Now he just needs what Yzerman had to make him a great player, a coach to teach him there is more to the game of hockey than offense. That and someone to teach him some class. He's young, there's still time.

I commonly read Fox Sports News and stuff on my cell phone. Recently i came across this headline: "Against Penguins, refs, Flyers can win it"

Calling out Crosby as a diver.

But what is the NHL going to do when the red wings hoist the cup and poor sid the dive crosby has to sit on the bench? what is crosby and company going to do against a solid D line-up and great two-way forwards?

yeah i dont really like him much... but thats probably because he's good, its just the way things are. but from MOST of the plays i've seen of him he manages to stay on his feet.... but yeah like someone said he probably does go down a lot because people will just say "ahhh its crosby... he wont be diving" and he'll just get away with it, and continue to until theres a referee with balls who will stop him.... but happens to a lot of good players i think who arent as physical as their opponants. We see it in football (soccer) over here in UK and i can tell you know its always the best players who get away with it...... but EVERYBODY hates them.