• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
MacK_Attack

Masterton Finalists

Rate this topic

This goes to either Blake or Pisani. Chelios has played a long time and that's awesome but these two guys have come back from big odds. Pisani's illness is no joke. The physical symptoms are horrible. Blake is playing while knowing that he's got Leukemia. I mean come on....Chelios has no shot.

Why is Chelios nominated?

I thought you had to come back from some horrible injury or illness to even be nominated for this award?

Actually the award is for:

The Bill Masterton Memorial Trophy is awarded annually to the National Hockey League player who best exemplifies the qualities of perseverance, sportsmanship, and dedication to ice hockey.

I would have to assume Cheli is there from his dedication to Hockey.

There was a lot made this year, more than other years, about his offseason workout. Plus he is 154, that has to count for something, right?

Actually the award is for:

I would have to assume Cheli is there from his dedication to Hockey.

There was a lot made this year, more than other years, about his offseason workout. Plus he is 154, that has to count for something, right?

My thought is that his nomination is a nod to the PA -- all the leadership Cheli has shown on behalf of the players since the lockout -- he and Linden helped make sure the sport could survive on TV at all...

My thought is that his nomination is a nod to the PA -- all the leadership Cheli has shown on behalf of the players since the lockout -- he and Linden helped make sure the sport could survive on TV at all...

Great point, he was one of the first people to speak up when he thought the PA was not doing its job. He was the face of the players fighting back.

I never thought of that, he does show a great deal of dedication to the sport.

I bet Blake will win. They ought to have another trophy for dedication to the game, as illness (severity thereof) tends to dictate the winner of this award.

They could name a new trophy for dedication and those players with careers which redefined the game after Cheli.