• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

sixer

Suspension Update

Rate this topic

It's disappointing to see so many whining ******* in our fanbase.

Both were fined. Perfect end result. Ribby and Ozzie were both cowardly with their moves, and this would have all been nothing if Ozzie didn't flop like noone has ever flopped before.

Ozzie was trying to protect Lidstrom by slowing down Ribeiro - could you pls explain what is cowardly in that???

Let's see what you will say if Dallas injure Lidstrom in the next game - I bet you ll stop talking about *******.

Well I think you need to look at this in a less biased view. Osgood butt-ended a player. He could have broken his jaw, or permanantly damaged his vision. It's a very dangerous thing to do. Ozzie didn't want to hurt Ribeiro or damage his vision etc. but he could have. We're lucky he didn't because Osgood would be gone for the playoffs, you can be sure of that.

Don't get me wrong, I believe what Osgood did was wrong (even though I think the most embarrassing aspect of his actions was how badly he embellished the slash) I just wish we had a more consistent committee in charge of disciplinary action. If Hasek or Iginla can butt-end without being fined, I don't feel Osgood should be fined either.

I think the whole ordeal is being blown out of proportion, hell I don't even know what Ott or Draper did that deserves a fine.

I was reading hockey news on Yahoo (I was slightly bored) and found an article about the wings/Dallas that talks about the "Altercation". Found one thing that caught my eye...

Aparently Modano hasen't been looking in Kronners and Stuarts directions'... :blink: But then we don't need to dish out hits if they hit each other (Lehtinen/Morrow)...

Maybe Modano should ask Miettinen about Kronwall and the Wings "not being very physical". He obviously hasn't been watching the Wings, or was just spouting off the same BS every other team has so far. Apparently the Wings will just never be physical enough to satisfy some.

Maybe Modano should ask Miettinen about Kronwall and the Wings "not being very physical". He obviously hasn't been watching the Wings, or was just spouting off the same BS every other team has so far. Apparently the Wings will just never be physical enough to satisfy some.

Great hit on Miettinen. Hopefully, Kronny won't leave his feet too often, that particular hit was a little close for my liking.

Don't get me wrong, I believe what Osgood did was wrong (even though I think the most embarrassing aspect of his actions was how badly he embellished the slash) I just wish we had a more consistent committee in charge of disciplinary action. If Hasek or Iginla can butt-end without being fined, I don't feel Osgood should be fined either.

I think the whole ordeal is being blown out of proportion, hell I don't even know what Ott or Draper did that deserves a fine.

I don't think Draper was fined. Ott was fined more for the time of the game he started that s***. He knew the game was over and gooned it up as a result because there was more or less no repercussion with a 5 sec penalty. The NHL should always discourage these sort of actions as much as possible.

Well I think you need to look at this in a less biased view. Osgood butt-ended a player. He could have broken his jaw, or permanantly damaged his vision. It's a very dangerous thing to do. Ozzie didn't want to hurt Ribeiro or damage his vision etc. but he could have. We're lucky he didn't because Osgood would be gone for the playoffs, you can be sure of that.

I sure wish people would be a little more accurate with their statements. Osgood put his stick out and there was basically no chance it was going to do any kind of damage. Hell, Riberio didn't flinch and the stick that Osgood was holding with one hand didn't even twitch. He hit the butt of the stick with his face, hitting the stick from the side like he did it was like contact with any other part. It was such a nothing thing that if not for slow mo instant replay we wouldn't even know about it.

Butt-ending a player is what Iginla did to Scheider last year. The two things are a mile apart. If you don't agree with what Osgood did and think the fines to both are a fair thing, fine that's your opinion and you're entitled to it. But please stop calling it a butt-end and making it sound much worse than what it was.

On another note, now that the league has decided that two handing people after buzzer is such a minor thing, what do I tell me eight year old son mite hockey player who was watching the game with me?

The only good thing about this whole disgusting incident is it could be the start of a good rivalry and hopefully we'll plant these losers in the boards for the 2 remaining games and every time they meet next year too.

On the other hand, if we let it go unpunished it may result in loss of respect by the Stars AND AN INJURY TO OUR KEY PLAYERS!!! :ranting:

In my opinion, it was a mere coincidence that Osgood was not injured - had the slash been a few inches higher - in the neck or head area, we might be dealing with a concussion or worse!!! :ranting: And dont try to tell me that Ribeiro had aimed carefully not to injure Osgood - he was so out of it, he could not care less where he was hitting ...

I would not be surprised if somebody runs lidstrom or zetts in game three (that is what Ribeiro was intending to do actually - in the final second of the game!). Or two handed slash anyone? :ranting:

I think it's McCarty time!!!

edit: one more line

You really think were going to see more of this after the attention it's gotten?

BTW, I'm a huge Wings fan and am fervently praying for us to win, but it does us no good to view things from a blindly biased standpoint. After you read this touch your own eyeball. Just touch it and then tell me that a grown man skating into somebody's stick that's been put in the path of his face is no big deal. I do not believe Osgood was trying to blind the guy, but what he did was dangerous and potentially injurious not to mention irresponsible. Everybody would be saying that if it were Turco and one of our players.

Edited by Tiribulus

No suspension really doesn't surprise me. Did it deserve a suspension? Yeah, but nothing more than a game.

Anyone expecting an eye for an eye should not tune in tomorrow, because it wont happen. Babs wont allow it.

Detroit will stick to the same gameplan that's won them the last 8 games, they'd be foolish to do anything else.

Besides, if Mac, Drake, Cheli, etc... took a run at Ribeiro and actually hurt him, Dallas would surely send Ott or one of their goons after Z or Dats or Nick, and we really dont want that to happen.

I do expect Detroit to finnish every check on him though, and here's hoping that little ***** tries to skate the puck out of his own end with his head down while kronner's on the ice.

You really think were going to see more of this after the attention it's gotten?

If the Stars keep loosing, then I predict they will keep on doing things like what Ott and Ribeiro did.

If the Stars keep loosing, then I predict they will keep on doing things like what Ott and Ribeiro did.

That depends. I'm sure besides handing out the fines that the NHL had a talk with both organizations. Hopefully the fine to Ribeiro and Ott came with a warning to knock off their antics.

I look for game three to be tightly called, and that is all to our benefit considering the difference in skill level and the fact it's not us who needs to play dirty to compete.

No suspensions, that is fine. Let DMac do his job and let this get settled up on the ice. But as a footnote, Turco should have been slapped a fine for his antics during the game as well.

All this proves is how much rattled the Stars are. Ott with that double leg clamp thing and punches Draper in the head? Riberio's chop on Ozzie was stupid too. Ozzie's chin music on Riberio was no more or less nasty that what Turco did to Filp or Homer. If anything Ozzie was responding to Turco's crap. But Filp nor Homer ever chopped him for it, cuz they have class, Riberio doesn't. Its that simple.

Dallas is obviously frustrated and showing it. All we need to do on Monday night is play the same 60 minutes we've been playing all year. Let Dallas try to goon it and spend half the game in the box. I'm cool with that.

I hope this doesn't mess with Ozzie's head for next game. Stay focused!

Also, I can't wait to see the retribution. There will be blood.

He's fine, don't worry about it. Chances are Mike Illich will cover the fine for him, well I would if I were him. Its Bulls*** anyway. Ozzie will rise above.

as ridiculous as it may sound, the league decision has been made. get over it.

sure, this little s*** ribero will pay in full for his action, but i think his payment is only due on the first game of next regular season between defending Stanley Cup champ and Dallas Stars. Looks like NHL, making the decision they made, wanted him to pay by installment. I see no problem with that too. We could beat s*** out of his ass every time we play them next season. Right?

Edited by ami

I bet if it was an octopus in his hands that he swung at Ozzie, it would have been a much bigger deal. <_<

lmao... no Al would have been fined though... even if it wasn't him