• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

sixer

Suspension Update

Rate this topic

Really? This thread is six pages?

I was hot after I watched Ribero swing at Ozzie, but after watching the entire replay and Ozzie's acting...I can't really argue with the league here. I think they should have limited their fines to Oz and Ribero, but oh well. This was just chippy playoff hockey. I hear the argument that Ribero shouldn't be swinging his stick, and I agree, but it was provoked and Ozzie wasn't injured, so all is good. Bring on game 3.

Jeremie

... I think they should have limited their fines to Oz and Ribero ...

Ott was fined for his punch on Draper 4 seconds prior to that, which was a separate incident.

Having said that, I agree. Time to rise above and finish the Stars and move on.

I didn't expect a suspension and fining is no big deal.

I do expect that the Wings will come out tomorrow night and play their game. I don't think there will be any real retaliation. It would be nice as a Wings fan to exact a bit of revenge, but I hope the guys have their eyes on the prize...not just "getting even".

I have read so many different takes on this situation, I'm sure that this has already been said, but, we need to roll into Dallas with nothing on our minds but winning the game. We must finish hits and we must use our ability to control the puck. Put that little frozen piece of rubber into the back of Turco's net...repeatedly.

That would be the best way to "retaliate". Up 3-0 in the series really would speak for itself.

Let's GO Wings!!!

One refreshing change... How many of you are glad that its our goalie that is frustrating the opposition and not the other way around?

Instead of figuring out how to get pucks past Giguerre or Kiprusoff, its how do we get pucks past Osgood.

it is ok so now D mac can destroy him 2 morow .... and last time i checked DET leads the series 2-0 so all is good. Now wings have to concentrate on getting at the very least a split in Dallas... :thumbup:

someone call Mr. I, quick! tell him to have the checkbook ready and to have some Wings practice their golf swings on some Stars' faces!

Comedy Central should start broadcasting NHL games, because this is a ******* joke.

...we need to roll into Dallas with nothing on our minds but winning the game. We must finish hits and we must use our ability to control the puck. Put that little frozen piece of rubber into the back of Turco's net...repeatedly.

That would be the best way to "retaliate". Up 3-0 in the series really would speak for itself.

Let's GO Wings!!!

I agree... I think Dallas is going to try and get us into something, but lets face it, we are the better team! We play the game and we play to win.

GO WINGS! :P

Any chance we can chalk this one up to 'boys will be boys'? It's the playoffs?

No? Well ok. ::::sigh::::: Let the 80-ish I.Q.s in Toronto settle it then.

Yes......yes I'm quoting myself from page 1 of this thread. Ego s*** er whatevah........nuff....nuff ahready.

Game 3......Bettman? Don't even tune in OK? Let's play a 'game' damnit.

aloha

I don't mind Ozzie being fined, but guys can't swing their stick at other players. Ribeiro should sit a game.

I shouldn't be surprised. This is the same League who only gave Pronger 8 games for stepping on a guy with his skate on, and who continually give Simon 7th, 8th, 9th, chances.

And gives pronger 6th 7th 8th chances, thought I would add that to your point, just to show how consistently inconsistent the league is!!!

I highly doubt McCarty (or anyone else) is going to do anything to Ribeiro this series. This is the kind of thing you take care of next regular season.

It won't be in a fight, either Drake, Kronner, or Stuart will catch him near the boards or in open ice with his head down!!

Or maybe Ozzie can get him with the Haschzech!!!! Borrow a move from Hasek and take out Ribiero on a break away. I can see it now the D parts way like the red seas, Ribiero is busting through center ice, looking around can't figure out why he has the break away, and then BOOM!!! Ozzie 30 feet out of his net takes out his feet and Ribiero lands on his hand getting a concussion and unfortunately for us and fortunate for the side affects are that he forgets ever wearing this:

picture1wh5.jpg

Whew. Is anybody else glad when these clowns say they won't be back. It's like I just won a scratch off or something. Like sweet music to my ears.

You and me both brother, well until the wings get to the next round, then they will come back here, not proclaiming they were irrational or pissed off for a moment. NO they will come back start posting with more attitude and expect that everyone here will let them skate on their posts without ever admitting they were an Asshat!!!

Are you threatening me?

Are you threating me, need TP for my Bunghole!!!!!

Sorry couldn't resist!!

The worst part to me is Melrose and most non-Detroit analysts were right.

I hate it when that happens.......s***! <_<:angry:

I doubt if the Wings will let this sidetrack them from their ultimate goal. Ozzy is OK. Let's play some hockey!!

This was what I expected and thought was right. The whole incident was way overblown. I don't believe for a second that what Ozzie did was an accident. I just wonder what provoked him to do it? Maybe seeing Ott punch Draper? Hopefully both teams bring some bad blood to tonight's game and we see some phyiscality!

Guest micah
This was what I expected and thought was right. The whole incident was way overblown. I don't believe for a second that what Ozzie did was an accident. I just wonder what provoked him to do it? Maybe seeing Ott punch Draper? Hopefully both teams bring some bad blood to tonight's game and we see some phyiscality!

Agreed. I thought the whole thing was dumb, neither guy should have used his stick as a weapon, but both shots were harmless enough. No suspensions warranted.

I was disapointed in Ozzie laying on the ice like a baby. Get up dude, you look like a ***** or a diver, and there's no honor in being either....and I really like Ozzie. Looking forward to tonights game:)

I never knew that putting your stick in someone's way was equivalent to taking a baseball swing to someone's chest.

I wonder though, why was Jamie McClennan from the Flames suspended for so long after doing the same thing to Franzen? I mean, if a two handed chop isn't that bad, why the suspension on him?

I don't believe for a second that what Ozzie did was an accident. I just wonder what provoked him to do it? Maybe seeing Ott punch Draper?

I think he stated his motivation: He saw what he thought was going to be a Zetterberg "sandwich" behind the goal at the horn and was trying to protect the Wing's top forward. The press parenthetically said that Osgood was talking about Lids, but the replay showed Z had the puck behind the net as Ribeiro was streaming in. Loosing Frazenstien is bad enough, but loosing Z in addition due to something like a back injury by being run at the horn would be a likely series changer.

Correction: It was Rafalski that had the puck, not Z.... but I think the motivation was the same.

Edited by Gizmo

I think he stated his motivation: He saw what he thought was going to be a Zetterberg "sandwich" behind the goal at the horn and was trying to protect the Wing's top forward. The press parenthetically said that Osgood was talking about Lids, but the replay showed Z had the puck behind the net as Ribeiro was streaming in. Loosing Frazenstien is bad enough, but loosing Z in addition due to a back injury by being run at the horn would be a likely series changer.

And Ribiero knows that. So does Ozzie. None of them are angels, they're hockey players and knew exactly what they were doing. I am glad no one got hurt. Moving right along...

The Wings won't let this little incident get them off track. However, a little extra spark won't hurt going into game 3, because the Stars fans will out out in force tonight to support their boyz. It's good that the Wings have a little chip on their shoulders going in, and won't take anything for granted.

I agree, just send 'em home after 4 games. Don't even address it or go after him.

Edit: make them think something is going to happen, and they'll be distracted, watching their backs.

I say that if we have a sizeable lead with 2 minutes left, send out Downey. If he gets suspended, not a big deal. I am sure Downey will "take one for the team"! :cool:

Okay so how much was Turco fined! Or how long was he suspended for?

Ohhhh wait. Thats right. Everyone is to busy kissing Turco's ass. They couldn't possibly see him hit Holmstrom repeatedly in the head and up end Flip like he did. Then again, how could they? It's impossible to make a call like that, when their heads are so far up Turco's colon.

Tonight is going to be a blood bath, and I can't wait!

I never knew that putting your stick in someone's way was equivalent to taking a baseball swing to someone's chest.

I wonder though, why was Jamie McClennan from the Flames suspended for so long after doing the same thing to Franzen? I mean, if a two handed chop isn't that bad, why the suspension on him?

First, as a goalie, shoving the butt end of your stick up into the face of someone skating by you is going to cause more damage than someone 2 hand slashing you in the chest. I know this because I know what goalies wear. I wear the same thing and have been hit in the chest with harder slashes than that.

Just watching the replay, its quite apparent that Osgood meant to use the butt end of his stick on Ribero's face. He deserved the fine. Ribero two hand slashed Osgood in the chest, and just from the replays, I didn't see a hard impact. Therefore, he deserved a fine. Suspensions? If you suspend one, you should suspend the other.

Secondly, if you can't tell the difference between Ribero's slash and McClennan's, there is a problem.