• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

aflac9262

WCF Game 5 GDT: Stars 2, Red Wings 1

Rate this topic

I'd like to see Ericsson in for Cheli next game, and Lilja in for Lebda, Lebda has been solid but he hasn't been doing much, I think Lilja and Ericsson bring some size that could help at the point.

Dallas dont have any size. Lilja is terrible and has cost us at least 1 goal in every playoff game. Ericsson wont play over Chelios.

Honestly, if Franzen isnt ready, I'd put Meech in. We dont need toughness to beat Dallas, we need some scoring.

Agreed Matt. I agree with you that Mac needs to sit in the cushy press box seats for game 6.

Just interested in your opinion as to who should get in between Downey, Abdelkader, and Hartigan.

I think that Downey's skating will be just as big of an issue as Mac's was, and I think that between Hartigan and Abdelkader, Hartigan wins due to experience, but I want it to be Abdelkader.

Shoot, send Sammy down for Abdelkader. Sammy sucks, and needs to be taken care of. He can't see developing plays, makes terrible plays, coughs up the puck, is a puck hog, and can't shoot the puck to save his life. Why do they keep him around?

Here's to putting this game behind us, and getting ready for Game 6. :thumbup:

No everyone in the damn locker room needs a copy of the highlights from this game. they need to watch it every day until monday and just get more and more pissed off at the crappy effort they put forth. The whole damn team should have a public apology to all the Wings fans that attended that game last night. Dallas and more specifically Turco is no longer afraid of the Joe after that effort. Better hope we wrap it up monday.

Gee, I don't know what to say. Where are the wings that started the playoffs, started the series for that matter? Glad to see there are some guys on the team who still mind playing gritty. As for Sammy and Val they need a real lesson in hitting. They pass up every hit they are presented with. How come no one was going to the net? Are the Star's defense this good that they can keep Dats and Zetterberg to the out side? The whole series they have playing towards the net. Not once in this game today can I remember ANYONE crashing the net (besides Hudler's goal). How are we going to score goals from the point? Holmstrom wasn't even there today. Have the Wings's lost their nerve?

Because the wings are all talk and no action. It's obvious today. They kept saying that's all they were gonna do was drive to the net and get traffic in front of Turco. Well THAT DIDN'T HAPPEN AT ALL!! They are scared because of the no goal call on Homer! Well NOW the wings have a sense of urgancy and they better face up and realize it or they are done like dinner! So much for the Yzerman shirt grrrr!

Absolutely. I think the team meeting after this game is going to be a long one. We made so many mistakes, couldn't connect on our scoring chances, we were looking a lot like Dallas in game 3. Just dead on our feet, couldn't start anything - and the minute we almost had something going.. we'd make a careless mistake to wipe it.

Here's to putting this game behind us, and getting ready for Game 6. :thumbup:

oh yes the team meeting will be VERY long they have a lot of mistakes to fix, one thing i noticed is our D is pinching way too much and they are skating to one side of the rink and leaving one whole side completely open for scoring chances and possibly turco looking for that pass up the middle/sides. Our D needs to be careful with that its gonna cost us in future games. our forwards should already know by now that Kronner/Stuart like to look for the big hit AND Rafalski/Lebda like to skate the puck in so they really need to start being aware of that and start dropping back.

A bad game by the Wings all around, they never woke up after a slow start and nobody was able to hit the net to save their lives.

Credit to Dallas for a strong performance and not rolling over.

Here's some adversity we haven't had in these playoffs and I think the guys will respond with their best game in game six.

Actually they have lost two in a row these playoffs and then came out and won nine straight. I am hoping that it happens again (Well five straight :D).

2 down, 2 to go.

Are you still here?

Guys 2mins4hooking is a troll. Don't feed him and he will go away.

As far as the game, Detroit needs to start watching line changes while Turco has the puck. Take heart in the fact that without his two passes to lead the rush, Dallas did not score. I think if Detroit corrects that and gets back to making long crisp passes of their own then this series will be over next game.

He's probably either a moron from Denver or a moron from St.Louis who's disguising himself as a Stars fan.

Guest 2mins4hooking
Guys 2mins4hooking is a troll. Don't feed him and he will go away.

As far as the game, Detroit needs to start watching line changes while Turco has the puck. Take heart in the fact that without his two passes to lead the rush, Dallas did not score. I think if Detroit corrects that and gets back to making long crisp passes of their own then this series will be over next game.

LMAO - I just ate some octopus !

Your Wings are toast.

Get the golf clubs out and dust them off.

How bout we sit his ass and bring in someone who can still skate.

He looks tired out of shape and just plain s***ty.

Ok so we do that. Sit McCarty who should we bring in? In your opinion? (I don't mean this to sound sarcastic or w/e if it does. I'm really curious)

LMAO - I just ate some octopus !

Your Wings are toast.

Get the golf clubs out and dust them off.

Can I borrow yours? Because last time I checked the Stars havent made it out of the 1st round since 2001 not counting this year.

Ok so we do that. Sit McCarty who should we bring in? In your opinion? (I don't mean this to sound sarcastic or w/e if it does. I'm really curious)

Downey.

He knows all of Dallas's inner secrets from his days of playing there.

For instance, he probably knows what color panties Modano wears.

Meech, the guy can handle a puck like it's no bodys buisness, and would be a better option on the point then Sameulssuck.

Actually they have lost two in a row these playoffs and then came out and won nine straight. I am hoping that it happens again (Well five straight :D).

Here's hoping! If anyone thought this series would be a walk in the park after three games they shouldn't anymore. You still have to get the fourth win.

Pathetic.

Some line juggling is in order, methinks. Keep ZDH intact, but for the love of god, do something about the 2nd line. I was completely serious when I said insert Helm -- can't do any worse than Flip, Cleary or Sammy have been doing.

blah

The Stars will lose game 6.

Book it.

Helm needs to be moved up. Hell, I would take his play over Clears, Flip, Sammy, or Holmstom at this point.

We need to get a lead. We get a lead and Turco and the Stars will implode just like the first 3 games. It's got to be a ***** mentally playing each game to stay alive. We get the lead and I think the tumblers start to fall in a hurry. Wings in 6........