• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

DallasStars

Game 6 notes...

Rate this topic

First off might I say congrats.

Well, you guys scored quick and often and then did a good job sitting on it. There isn't a whole lot to say about the game. We had a bunch of powerplays and didn't capitalize until it was too late.

As for the threads about Turco being over-hyped...all I can say is LOL. When we win its usually alot of his doing. When we lose he's the "worst goaltender ever". Get off his back. He's not over-hyped. He;s right where he should be. There aren't many, if any who can stop pucks coming from their toes. And in one case off a guys face. s*** happens. He has a poor record at the Joe, but look at how many goals we've scored there. Yeah. Not too many.

I do wonder about McCarty for you guys. Could he have taken any more penalties? Interference after interference. You guys are going to have to cut that out when it comes to Pitt. He just seemed slow and out of position on a team with speed and plays very well positionally.

Also, I had a slight problem with Zetterberg leaving the line during the anthem SUPER early and start to skate around. I know he usually does this (judging from the other two games), but this time it was a little disrespectful to our anthem in my opinion.

Anyways, Im proud of my team. What they accomplished this year was beyond my expectations(no we dont expect to win the cup every year). They played with heart and grit this entire season and didn't stop until the end. I stayed until the end of the game to salute our boys(as did alot of our fans). What a year.

The team that played better for longer won the series. Obviously, it didnt work out exactly how I wanted, but still Im pleased.

Go Pens.

Guest MrSandMan

Hey, stick around for the Pens / Wings series and shoot the s*** with us in the GDT.

Dallas was great, they knocked off two of the biggest dogs, a feat that seemed impossible at the beginning of the post season. Then Dallas (Morrow and Turco) gave Detroit a run for their money despite dropping the first 3 games.

I have a question for you. Can we have your Morrow in Red & White next year?

haha no. He's locked up. I think we're gonna stich another C on him. Nothing wrong with two C's is there?

I wont be sticking around. After I read this thread and do some proper responses, i'll be out. It's been good.

the thing with Turco is that he was inconsistent. He was great in 3 of the 6 games, and quite poor in the other three.

you never seem to know which version of him is going to show up, and thats very dangerous in the playoffs

Also, I had a slight problem with Zetterberg leaving the line during the anthem SUPER early and start to skate around. I know he usually does this (judging from the other two games), but this time it was a little disrespectful to our anthem in my opinion.

So your telling me your "National Anthem" is different than the one we have here in Michigan?

- If you knew he does this.... Why is it different than before? You make no sense....

- Your logic if flawed like your team and goalie.....

Edited by Rivalred

So your telling me your "National Anthem" is different than the one we have here in Michigan?

- If you knew he does this.... Why is it different than before? You make no sense....

- Your logic if flawed like your team and goalie.....

Wow. I make no sense? Let me break it down for you.

1. It's "our" anthem because it's "our" arena. Thats all. I wasn't saying we own the anthem, just that we performed it.

2. Yes, I did know he did this from games 3 and 4.

3. It's different because he left way before he had left in the games prior. He skated around the goal a few times before it was over.

4. I dont care what you think of our team and goalie. I was just stating my opinion on a fact.

Wow. I make no sense? Let me break it down for you.

1. It's "our" anthem because it's "our" arena. Thats all. I wasn't saying we own the anthem, just that we performed it.

2. Yes, I did know he did this from games 3 and 4.

3. It's different because he left way before he had left in the games prior. He skated around the goal a few times before it was over.

4. I dont care what you think of our team and goalie. I was just stating my opinion on a fact.

The anthem is called the "National Anthem" so it belongs to all of America...

Let me talk real slow for you and break it down for you so you can understand...

Your logic is flawed just like your rationale to back up your opinion... An opinion and fact do not go hand in hand...

Go research the word "National".... Write a 2000 word paper on it according to MLA and report back your findings.....

If you knew what he did before you should of had no problem with it.... The fact last Dallas lost tonight, is out of the playoffs, and you are a Dallas fan your emotions are a little bruised right now and not being logical....

Dallas may of been singing the "National Anthem" in the Stars Arena last night, but the Anthem is the "National Anthem"....

Edited by Rivalred

waaaaaay too much Anthem talk.

yo, DallasStars. your team played well. kind of scared me to tell you the truth.

you think Richards is going to resign? I think with a little more time on the team he could be awesome.

The anthem is called the "National Anthem" so it belongs to all of America...

Let me talk real slow for you and break it down for you so you can understand...

Your logic is flawed just like your rationale to back up your opinion... An opinion and fact do not go hand in hand...

Go research the word "National".... Write a 2000 word paper on it according to MLA and report back your findings.....

If you knew what he did before you should of had no problem with it.... The fact last Dallas lost tonight, is out of the playoffs, and you are a Dallas fan your emotions are a little bruised right now and not being logical....

Dallas may of been singing the "National Anthem" in the Stars Arena last night, but the Anthem is the "National Anthem"....

I'll write you that paper right after you submit one on READING COMPREHENSION.

Do you just skip over everything I type and make up what you want?

I said I referred to the anthem as "ours" only because it was a home game. I for one, do not need to be told what the anthem represents. I come from a family with a rich military backgroung. Dont preach the anthem to me. I understand the fact that he does it. ONCE AGAIN...I UNDERSTAND THE FACT THAT HE DOES IT. What I don't understand is 1. why? 2. How come this he left atleast 30 seconds before he did the prior two times. Was he in dire need for a skate?

You sir, make adult heads hurt.

I saw a topic on the stars forums basically bashing Zetterberg for skating around during the end of the National Anthem. To be completely honest I think it's immature of people to try and bash him for this. It for one does not make someone anti-patriotic, especially since he's not even from this country to begin with. Granted he does live here and make American dollars. But I've lived here and grew up here and find absolutely nothing wrong with this. I find it no more or less disrespectful then everyone yelling out "STARS" in your stadium during the National Anthem. And if you disagree with this then that's you being biased and trying to find an excuse to bash an opposing teams player, while being entirely hypocritical and ignorant.

But Good Series! I enjoyed watching the games! =-)

were the stars fans chanting osgood at the beginning of the game?

even THEY think osgood is better than turco if i heard them right.

It was a couple of sections over from me...they started with "Osssssssgooooood" and it morped into "Noooooooooogooooood" then died.

waaaaaay too much Anthem talk.

yo, DallasStars. your team played well. kind of scared me to tell you the truth.

you think Richards is going to resign? I think with a little more time on the team he could be awesome.

I think we will resign him. Our G.M.s have been saying he wasn't a rental, that we are going to sign him but who knows. He's pricey. 7+ Mil.

I saw a topic on the stars forums basically bashing Zetterberg for skating around during the end of the National Anthem. To be completely honest I think it's immature of people to try and bash him for this. It for one does not make someone anti-patriotic, especially since he's not even from this country to begin with. Granted he does live here and make American dollars. But I've lived here and grew up here and find absolutely nothing wrong with this. I find it no more or less disrespectful then everyone yelling out "STARS" in your stadium during the National Anthem. And if you disagree with this then that's you being biased and trying to find an excuse to bash an opposing teams player, while being entirely hypocritical and ignorant.

But Good Series! I enjoyed watching the games! =-)

I dont partake in yelling Stars. And Red Wings fans would yell RED in the anthem.

But, yeah. Good series. Enough anthem talk haha

I'll write you that paper right after you submit one on READING COMPREHENSION.

Do you just skip over everything I type and make up what you want?

I said I referred to the anthem as "ours" only because it was a home game. I for one, do not need to be told what the anthem represents. I come from a family with a rich military backgroung. Dont preach the anthem to me. I understand the fact that he does it. ONCE AGAIN...I UNDERSTAND THE FACT THAT HE DOES IT. What I don't understand is 1. why? 2. How come this he left atleast 30 seconds before he did the prior two times. Was he in dire need for a skate?

You sir, make adult heads hurt.

Just remember that you come from a rich military history as next time you need to explain yourself a little better...

Do you realize that he was born in Sweden? Maybe he does not realize that he might be disrespectful....

There is a such thing as called "cultural competence" and it is a 2 way street....

Who knows why he does it.... I would not think about it too much as it is nothing...

I am proud to be an American (except for the government issues), I am sure you are, and I want to thank your family for serving and protecting the borders...

- Enough said...

Edited by Rivalred

I find it no more or less disrespectful then everyone yelling out "STARS" in your stadium during the National Anthem. And if you disagree with this then that's you being biased and trying to find an excuse to bash an opposing teams player, while being entirely hypocritical and ignorant.

Bingo! Except I find the yelling far more disrespectful, especially coming from a place supposedly filled with such patriotic people. Hank isn't even American, so I don't mind him not doing what we've been taught to do since we were little since he hasn't.

I'll be perfectly honest; I think we have a wretched anthem. An old gentleman's club (read: bar) tune that scales more than 2 octaves, is very difficult for your average Joe to sing, and is also a ***** to harmonize and make interesting arrangements on. Furthermore, very mismatched with the poetry that's used as its lyrics. Don't get me wrong, I respect what it stands for, but I think the song itself sucks. I'd skate around bored too after hearing it day in and day out. For good anthems, see the Russians.

I don't think Turco was good at all in even his wins. Yes he made 'some' big saves, but every goalie makes 'some' big saves, unless you're Patrick Roy in game 7 against the Wings ;).

The games that Dallas won, the wings were not getting to the 2nd scoring opportunities and got away from going to the net. The wings made Turco look terrible yesterday in my opinion. Zetterburg faked Turco out of his jock strap on that breakaway goal yesterday.

I have a lot of respect for Dallas, it's just too bad they showed up way too late in the series. I was nervous even with a 3 goal lead until 3 minutes were left in the game.

I'll be perfectly honest; I think we have a wretched anthem. An old gentleman's club (read: bar) tune that scales more than 2 octaves, is very difficult for your average Joe to sing, and is also a ***** to harmonize and make interesting arrangements on. Furthermore, very mismatched with the poetry that's used as its lyrics. Don't get me wrong, I respect what it stands for, but I think the song itself sucks. I'd skate around bored too after hearing it day in and day out. For good anthems, see the Russians.

TO be honest its still a whole lot better than the English national anthem that i'm stuck with...'God save the Queen' - compare that to the unofficial anthems of Scotland (Flower of Scotland) and Wales whcih are vastly superior. What I can't understand from an overseas perspective is the relationship that you guys have with your anthem...all the hats off, and on heart bit...national pride is all good, but for me it borders on reverence, which is slightly alien to us in Europe. But then we tend to be more cynical and I guess our fractious history makes us more wary of the way that national symbols can be abused, hence the reason we give them less value on the whole. England is particularly this way, and our loss of a clear cultural idendity makes it all a bit embarrassing. But I imagine the same would happen in the US if you had 100 years of watching all your glory, power and sense of improtance slowly ebb away....

As for the Stars - I'll already commetned on how I don't like them, but big respect to the likes of Morrow, Lundqvist and winchester who really stepped up. Sad to see Modano on the wane, but glad to see the back of the likes of Turco, Ott and Ribero whose contribution seemed intrinsically linked to their ability to be arseholes. And to be fair to Dallas fans, If we had lost I'd be chanting for the PEns too...I just quite like them as a team and a hockey cleub...