• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

aflac9262

SCF Game 3 GDT: Penguins 3, Red Wings 2

Rate this topic

Question: Why the hell - after playing the puck 50 bazillion times over the last two games - did Osgood only ONCE come out to play the puck?? It would've been a HUGE help to the Wings defense time and time again, yet he stayed in his net, even when there was plenty of time to get the puck. Even ESPN was commending Osgood, saying his puck-handling play behind the net helped the Wings out.

I dont buy that the Wings lost this game tonight. I think they gave the game tonight. You dont all of a sudden 1) stop your goaltender from EVER playing the puck 2) Shoot consistently into the chest of the opposing goaltender 3) NOT support each other in the O zone or the D zone and 4) make continual bad passes to your teammates without some sort of pre-meditation. ESPECIALLY when in the last 10 minutes of the game you all of a sudden are back to making crisp clean passes and holding up the opposition at the blueline.

Haven't read through the entire thread yet, but I'm surprised no one has mentioned goaltending.

Oz was mediocre, at best, in this Game. He should have had the first goal, gave up a TERRIBLE rebound on the second goal, and should never have put himself in the position for the third goal to go in off his arse.

Hopefully he'll came back LIGHTS OUT for Games 4 and 5.

All of the goals scored tonight by the pens came off of turn overs in our end. I can't fault Osgood for the first two goals, but he was out of position on the 3rd. I think on the 3rd Osgood was thinking it's all me since the D is sucking so much.

Edited by savaking72

I am glad there are two days off - it allows whatever momentum the Pens got to cool off and our guys get a rest.

Excellent point, I hadn't thought of that. Plus it's good time for Babcock to pound some sense into the guys in practice. Especially Stuart. I just cannot get over how brutal he was tonight.

Have you ever seen passing that bad from us? That wasn't our team. It was there ice.

I agree, I thought there ice sucked. The puck was bouncing all over the place.

Ottawa won Game 3 against Anaheim last year too...

I forgot about that but i do think these series are similar, we took 2 periods off and the pens played their little hearts out. We will be rock solid in game 4.

GO WINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here's to winning the next two!

What with this bulls*** schedule? Why does the next game wait 2 days? I hate this..it ruins my social life.

It's a good thing, gives us an extra day of getting things right and lets things calm down...

....hopefully on LGW too :siren:

Question: Why the hell - after playing the puck 50 bazillion times over the last two games - did Osgood only ONCE come out to play the puck?? It would've been a HUGE help to the Wings defense time and time again, yet he stayed in his net, even when there was plenty of time to get the puck. Even ESPN was commending Osgood, saying his puck-handling play behind the net helped the Wings out.

I dont buy that the Wings lost this game tonight. I think they gave the game tonight. You dont all of a sudden 1) stop your goaltender from EVER playing the puck 2) Shoot consistently into the chest of the opposing goaltender 3) NOT support each other in the O zone or the D zone and 4) make continual bad passes to your teammates without some sort of pre-meditation. ESPECIALLY when in the last 10 minutes of the game you all of a sudden are back to making crisp clean passes and holding up the opposition at the blueline.

You do when you're thrown off your game. The Pens are doing what Dallas did -- throwing the Wings off their game, taking their time and space away, forcing turnovers, feeding off the crowd, etc.

Edited by Dabura

Haven't read through the entire thread yet, but I'm surprised no one has mentioned goaltending.

Oz was mediocre, at best, in this Game. He should have had the first goal, gave up a TERRIBLE rebound on the second goal, and should never have put himself in the position for the third goal to go in off his arse.

Hopefully he'll came back LIGHTS OUT for Games 4 and 5.

Maybe we're just trying to break the trend of always blaming the goalie...?

Stuart f***ed up more on the first goal.

Second goal is a power play with an uncovered back door. Can't ask for that save, but it would have been nice.

Third goal...BARELY Oz's fault... did you see the THREE Red Wings just standing around in the crease with their thumbs up their asses? Why didn't one of three chase? Or even two of three? Hall had all the time in the world to pick that spot. Absolutely ******* rediculous.

Ozzie made a lot of big saves. He gave us a chance to win. It wasn't his best, but it wasn't a bad game by any means.

Anyone think Cheli's in for game 4?

Is that a joke? You really want Crosby-Lebda playing against Hossa/Malkin or Crosby/Malkin?

Lilja is here to stay.

Personally, I think you have a better chance of seeing Meech or Ericsson over Chelios, hes as done as Hasek.

Yes Stuart was bad tonight, but Rafalski was awful.

Again.

He has to step it up.

He got owned in his own and and treated like a ***** most of the game.

He needs to step it up and earn his pay.

Stuart can have those games but Rafalski makes too much money to play like he did tonight.

You know what, I was thinking the exact same thing. I was getting pretty annoyed watching, especially on that PP late in the game where the puck went sailing down the ice and he didn't move. Wish we had Marty Turno handling the puck tonight. ;)

Much improved form teh pens and not so good from us. Ozzie would probably like 2 of the goals back given the saves he made earlier on, and after some early jitters Fleury was pretty good. Our passing was poor particualrly from stewie and lilja, and the pens forechecked a lot better too. Thought Roberts was their best player tonight, making an impact with most shifts without being overboard. The PP needs some work....more shots from the point to stop the pens collapsing back so deep. Nice to see homer finally get some penalties for being ocntinually crosscheked. The last period was breathtaking in its pace, and we were unlucky not to score more than once after conceding a bad goal.....oh well...more late nights in hte uk for me then.....

Gladly I would start such a thread if we had won this game.

And what's all this I want to go to game 5 talk? Do you want your team to win the Cup, or risk losing this series?

For real...every time I see a "yay, I get to go to game 5!" or "now we can win it on home ice!" I want to puke. We had a chance to cut off their heads and instead let them back into the series. That will kill you every time...this is starting to remind me of the Nashville series, and let's not forget it took an OT game and Lids' bouncer from center to finally grab that one.

It took a 3-0 lead against Dallas to get this kind of arrogance going...last I checked, we're only up 2-1 against a better team. We didn't get any bonus wins on style points for games 1 and 2 unfortunately, so all they have to do is win again in a place they haven't lost since February, and it's a new series.

Here's to winning the next two!

What with this bulls*** schedule? Why does the next game wait 2 days? I hate this..it ruins my social life.

I know. I wanted to make the trek from Cbus to Detroit jsut to watch Game 4 @ Hockeytown cafe and celebrate a 4 game sweep in DTown. Now I'm faced with unclers and heart attacks for another week. :lol:

Yes Stuart was bad tonight, but Rafalski was awful.

Again.

He has to step it up.

He got owned in his own and and treated like a ***** most of the game.

He needs to step it up and earn his pay.

Stuart can have those games but Rafalski makes too much money to play like he did tonight.

What's he getting paid? $6 million? He really, really needs to step up because for the most part he looks pretty average.

No, it was definitely the Wings. Their heads just weren't in it tonight. I don't know where their heads were, but they weren't out there on the ice. They made enough stupid mistakes (read: turnovers) to fill a book.

Then explain the wings falling and losing their edges so much. My entire hockey team all came to that same conclusion. Bad soft ice can kill teams. NBC said "Pittsburgh's ice is about at par. See the puck bouncing around. The ice is starting to deteriorate." I will attribute quite a few bad passes from the wings.

Surely you don't blow games deliberately in the Stanley Cup Finals...

You think the Wings dont know how to own the Penguins after the first two games? They know what their capabilities are. My source gets regular calls to his house from Marian and Mike. He said the Wings went into game 4 not particularly intent on dominating the game and then were caught off guard by Turcos amazing performance in game 5. Look no further than Osgoods sudden change of heart in this game to tell you where this team stood. He played the puck ONCE on a Pittsburg dump in. He was doing that ALL NIGHT LONG in the previous two games, and it made it easier on the Wings defense. There were some key moments tonight where it just looked like the Wings werent in it to win it. Malone isnt fast. Why the hell was he able to track down Rafalski so easily tonight on a Wings PP? It was barely the beginning of the game and Rafi was completely out of gas? Hes not that slow. At another point in the Wings game, Filppula was about to pass the puck to Sammy in the defensive zone for support and Sammy - for whatever reason - completely turned his back to Filppula and stopped skating. This wasnt our team tonight.