• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
MississippiWing

Pre-Lockout Hockey

Rate this topic

Wow the Pens board is flaming. Not about how they only got one shot on a 5-3, but on how Detroit is playing "pre-lockout" hockey and "getting away with it". Rattling on about how for the second year a team playing that style of hockey will win the Stanley Cup. Oh yes this game got Pen's fans good and rattled. So I need some help on this one guys. I look at it as we are just playing good solid fundamental hockey. What is this pre-lockout bs they keep spewing off.

They're playing fundamental hockey. CLose off the passing lanes, get to the puck first.

It's sore losers and people who don't fully undertsand hockey.

Not to mention a bunch of prima donnas who think the Cup is owed to them.

Both teams have gotten away with a lot...

... it didn't force them to get one shot on a 5-on-3, just like it didn't force them to one shot in the 3rd of game 1 (or however how few shots they had).

Sour grapes, indeed... they had their chances. I was VERY nervous.

Right, why don't we just play with 5 forwards. That is surely the post-lockout hockey you speak of.

Oh right... anything that will keep you from winning is pre-lockout.

The majority of Pens fans are completely spoiled.

Pre-lockout hockey could get ugly to watch at times... forwards coming in (without the puck) would be hooked, grabbed, tripped, hit, bear-hugged... it was very tough for teams to generate offense and very easy for a slow, un-skilled team to play stifling defense.

The difference between the team defense and "trapping" we see the Red Wings employ (and Pittsburgh(by the way), only much less efficiently) is just night and day different from what we saw in pre-lockout. No team other than Pittsburgh has made these accusations all year against the Red Wings... and I would argue it is because the East is a step behind the West when it comes to defense.

Edited by egroen

Wow the Pens board is flaming. Not about how they only got one shot on a 5-3, but on how Detroit is playing "pre-lockout" hockey and "getting away with it".

Yes...and the Pens are playing post-lockout hockey: Sniveling, snot-nosed, whiney, whip-me-like-the-*****-I-am pussified hockey. It sucks to be them that they met a team that can actually play defense instead of the up and down the ice, cherry picking NBA-esque bulls*** that the East plays. We've been doing the same thing for many years and no Eastern team - refs notwithstanding - has figured it out yet. Ask Philly or Washington if the game we play is much different.

They used to get their panties twisted about the left wing lock too. Boo freaking hoo. These Pens fans sure do a good impression of their coach.

Tell them to quit crying and get their F@#$ing shinebox.

HAHA Billy Batz.

The Pens and their fans seem to think playing defense is against the rules.

We should let Cindy and Maryanne take 2 on ones all night.

Wait a minute... I though our soft Europeans weren't even capable of playing the physically demanding prelockout style; at least compared to the mighty Canadian Crosby, at least.

Anyway, Homer's injury was a result of the Pens playing pre-lockout hockey, but instead of bitching about it constantly to the refs and using that as an excuse as to why we'll lose game 4, we got over it and played even better.

Wow the Pens board is flaming. Not about how they only got one shot on a 5-3, but on how Detroit is playing "pre-lockout" hockey and "getting away with it". Rattling on about how for the second year a team playing that style of hockey will win the Stanley Cup. Oh yes this game got Pen's fans good and rattled. So I need some help on this one guys. I look at it as we are just playing good solid fundamental hockey. What is this pre-lockout bs they keep spewing off.

Penguins fans can whine all they want about Detroit's defense, but when a team as talented offensively as the Penguins doesn't score on a 5-on-3, they have nobody to blame but themselves.

I'm failing to see this "pre-lockout" game stuff as well where I'm assuming it's just dump and chase, trap, or clog up the neutral zone. While the Red Wings have played fairly solid defense overall these first five games, Pitt has had more than enough chances to score.

Penguins fans should take a look at Carolina of 2002 how they played "pre-lockout" hockey, or the New Jersey-Anaheim Stanley Cup matchup a few years ago and they'll get the message of "pre-lockout" hockey.