• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hank Dats 'N Homer

Crosby post game Q and A

Rate this topic

alright i just went back and listened to all of the postgame interviews, and zetterberg, lids, ozzie, babs all gave props to the pens top guys saying they all play great and are all great players. I than listened to Therrien's interview, and although it was painful to listen to him talk and complain, even he gave Z some props. Than i listened to crosbys interview, and this guy was just set out to make it sound like Zetterberg is just an average player. When questioned about how Zetterberg owned him on the 5 on 3 and stop crosby from scoring at least twice on that PP, crosby could say nothing but "well he didnt do anything that every other player wouldnt do in that situation". Are you kidding me sid? You dont know how to play defense and you are suppose to be the face of the NHL. Z can play both ways, and he OWNS you both ways. Now im an athlete too, and although it stings to get beat like that, i still can appreciate a good play the oppsing team and give credit where credit is due, but to hear rosby say that Z didnt do anything special or above average just baffled me. Bitter? or just tired of answering questions about Z instead of getting questions about how good the pens are? I dont know. But did anyone else hear this and get a little disgutsted (even more than before) with sid the kid? He basicaly said that the pens did a bad job on the 5 on 3 and should have gotten more shtos on the net....but im sorry to say that you can try and get all the shots you want but the defense that was displayed by Z and the goaltending by ozzie...you could have had 50 shots on net on that 5 on 3, the wings were determined. And then Z carries the puck out of our zome through the neutral zone and into the pens zone, does a twirl HOLDS onto the puck and kills another 15-20 seconds just on his own? You're right sid, Blocking your stick and keeping you from scoring, blocking shots before they get to the goalie, and than taking the puck FROM you and wasting 20 seconds of your power play time all in the same minute is the work of an average joe nobody...says wonders for how good your team is i guess...

yeah i heard the same thing about Z just going what any other player would do then he said something about how all they need is just 1 win and they are back in the series...4 wins against the detroit red wings? c'mon he made it sound like it was easy at least from what i heard from him on the NHL network last night.

yeah i heard the same thing about Z just going what any other player would do then he said something about how all they need is just 1 win and they are back in the series...4 wins against the detroit red wings? c'mon he made it sound like it was easy at least from what i heard from him on the NHL network last night.

Well its totally possible, i think the wings have lost 4 times in these playoffs.....combined in all series. We lost 2 to nashville 0 to colorado and 2 to dallas? Yeah thats 4 losses. And if you are blind and forget the fact that it took 3 different teams to hand detroit 4 playoff losses this year, than yes its totally possible for the pens to hand the wings 4 losses by themselves. It just might take them the next few years to add 4 wins up...but this year? Not a chance. Not even with Sid..

He's been in denial all series

Game1 - "We've shown we can play at their level"

Game2 - "We didn't feel like they got more chances than us"

Game4 - "We don't think we're down 3-1"

Keep thinking like that son. I can't decide which is the most outrageous comment of them all. Probly the Game 2 one, being perhaps the most dominant performance I have ever seen Detroit give.

I watched interview after their morning skate today.

Crosby looked VERY VERY determined to win tomorrow's game. Maybe some of you shouldn't think about parade just yet.

Very disappointing. Can't believe the future of the league would make such this kind of comments again and again since Game 1 or 2. I remember reading an article about the leadership of stevie Y and joe sakic and one thing that makes them special is that they would compliment their opponents even if they have dominated the other team. Basically, classy. Obviously, sidney crosby is nowhere close to them, and He doesnt deserve to be the face of the nhl or captain of pittsburgh yet. He was clearly beaten or outplayed by red wings in game 1 and game 2 and by zetterberg in the 5-on-3 pp, but seems like his arrogance or ego caught up to him and his comments in the presser show that he thinks no one in the league should be better than him (zetterberg is clearly the better player both on and off the ice right now). He's only creating jokes in the league. It would be sad if all the new generation of hockey players are like him making this kinda comments.

alright i just went back and listened to all of the postgame interviews, and zetterberg, lids, ozzie, babs all gave props to the pens top guys saying they all play great and are all great players. I than listened to Therrien's interview, and although it was painful to listen to him talk and complain, even he gave Z some props. Than i listened to crosbys interview, and this guy was just set out to make it sound like Zetterberg is just an average player. When questioned about how Zetterberg owned him on the 5 on 3 and stop crosby from scoring at least twice on that PP, crosby could say nothing but "well he didnt do anything that every other player wouldnt do in that situation". Are you kidding me sid? You dont know how to play defense and you are suppose to be the face of the NHL. Z can play both ways, and he OWNS you both ways. Now im an athlete too, and although it stings to get beat like that, i still can appreciate a good play the oppsing team and give credit where credit is due, but to hear rosby say that Z didnt do anything special or above average just baffled me. Bitter? or just tired of answering questions about Z instead of getting questions about how good the pens are? I dont know. But did anyone else hear this and get a little disgutsted (even more than before) with sid the kid? He basicaly said that the pens did a bad job on the 5 on 3 and should have gotten more shtos on the net....but im sorry to say that you can try and get all the shots you want but the defense that was displayed by Z and the goaltending by ozzie...you could have had 50 shots on net on that 5 on 3, the wings were determined. And then Z carries the puck out of our zome through the neutral zone and into the pens zone, does a twirl HOLDS onto the puck and kills another 15-20 seconds just on his own? You're right sid, Blocking your stick and keeping you from scoring, blocking shots before they get to the goalie, and than taking the puck FROM you and wasting 20 seconds of your power play time all in the same minute is the work of an average joe nobody...says wonders for how good your team is i guess...

Gimme a break. You conveniently left out the quote where he said Zetterburg made a good play on his stick. Sid is a fighter and there's no reason he needs to bow down at the alter of the mighty Henrik Zetterburg who has all of 1 assist and 1 garbage goal in this series so far. Maybe after the series he can give credit to where credit is due, like maybe Samuelsson or Lidstrom, but until then he's going to focus on his team which is where his focus should be. Crosby has been giving interviews since he was 10 years old and almost never says the wrong thing, never, not once. He is remarkably composed for someone so young and THAT is why he is the face of the league.

He has been labeled a whiner by other jealous fans in the league because of incidents like in Philadelphia his rookie year when Darian Hatcher knocked his two front teeth out with an illegal two-hand crosscheck to his face and no penalty was called, and Crosby had the nerve to complain to the officials or media afterwards. He will dominate this league in the years to come.

Gimme a break. You conveniently left out the quote where he said Zetterburg made a good play on his stick. Sid is a fighter and there's no reason he needs to bow down at the alter of the mighty Henrik Zetterburg who has all of 1 assist and 1 garbage goal in this series so far. Maybe after the series he can give credit to where credit is due, like maybe Samuelsson or Lidstrom, but until then he's going to focus on his team which is where his focus should be. Crosby has been giving interviews since he was 10 years old and almost never says the wrong thing, never, not once. He is remarkably composed for someone so young and THAT is why he is the face of the league.

He has been labeled a whiner by other jealous fans in the league because of incidents like in Philadelphia his rookie year when Darian Hatcher knocked his two front teeth out with an illegal two-hand crosscheck to his face and no penalty was called, and Crosby had the nerve to complain to the officials or media afterwards. He will dominate this league in the years to come.

He should acknowledge the fact he got owned last night.

Hatcher has been doing that in the west for years. Ask JR.

And guess what, JR never bitched about it, actually said its all part of the game.

he's the face of the league because he's a Canadian golden boy that Bettman finds to be a satisfactory quench for his late night loneliness

if he is so REMARKABLY COMPOSED explain what he was doin after the game being un-composed showing his frustrations towards Z last night and the rest of the red wings then

He has been labeled a whiner by other jealous knowledgeable fans in the league because of incidents like in Philadelphia his rookie year when Darian Hatcher knocked his two front teeth out with an illegal two-hand crosscheck to his face and no penalty was called, and Crosby had the nerve to complain bawl to the officials or media for weeks afterwards. He will dominate this league sales of Kleenex and crying towels in the years to come.

Fixed.

he's the face of the league because he's a Canadian golden boy that Bettman finds to be a satisfactory quench for his late night loneliness

:lol::clap:

It's been proven that it is never a good idea for a wife, girlfriend or MOTHER to speak and defend them in a public forum of any kind. Look Mario has been holding him long enough; it's your turn to hold your own boy for christs's sake! What kind of mother are you! Probably should get those puffs with aloe - his nose is getting pretty red. Or just send bettman out to get them - he needs to clear his head and figure out what went wrong. Probably going to rig the draft again so the pens gets another 1st overall pick.

Haha i would respond...but it seems people have beat me to it, and i feel so embarrassed for already that i shall not add to it...

Nah screw it here we go. Zetterberg only has 2 points this series? One was on a garbage goal....hmm i dont know if you saw the goal, but he was standing right in front of Fleury (who was not screened) and roofed it right over his glove. I dont know what definition you have of Garbage but....what Zetterberg did is called "sniping". Now if you want to talk garbage goal go take a look at sids goal where he shoots the puck at Ozzie and gets a good bounce. Or how about the one where crosby sits on the side of the net and waits for someone else to do all the work and slide the puck to him and he can tap it in. Or how about the hall goal where he banked it off of Ozzie and got a good break. Hmm i think thats more than half of Pitts goals this series and all are garbage. Secondly. How many points does Crosby have? 3. Three points from the Golden child. I thought he was the savior of the league. And yet he only has 1 more point than this bum zetterberg. Zetterberg who is a two way forward (one of the best in the league) and still has only 1 less point that Crosby who doesnt know what defense is and never plays on the PK. Yeah you are so right, Zetterberg is nothing....Crosby is godlike. Thirdly, crosby ******* at the officals regardless if its appropriate or not. Should he have bitched when Hatcher owned him? Sure he was inexpereienced and basically a baby. Should he ***** whenever someone touches his stick now that he has been in the league for a few years? No...but he does it anyways...and why? Because hes still a baby, and will forever be one for his entire career. Will he dominate the league in years to come? Sure...but as of right now, the present...Zetterberg and the rest of the WINGS are dominating him and the rest of his team.....

Thank you and good night.

Haha i would respond...but it seems people have beat me to it, and i feel so embarrassed for already that i shall not add to it...

Nah screw it here we go. Zetterberg only has 2 points this series? One was on a garbage goal....hmm i dont know if you saw the goal, but he was standing right in front of Fleury (who was not screened) and roofed it right over his glove. I dont know what definition you have of Garbage but....what Zetterberg did is called "sniping". Now if you want to talk garbage goal go take a look at sids goal where he shoots the puck at Ozzie and gets a good bounce. Or how about the one where crosby sits on the side of the net and waits for someone else to do all the work and slide the puck to him and he can tap it in. Or how about the hall goal where he banked it off of Ozzie and got a good break. Hmm i think thats more than half of Pitts goals this series and all are garbage. Secondly. How many points does Crosby have? 3. Three points from the Golden child. I thought he was the savior of the league. And yet he only has 1 more point than this bum zetterberg. Zetterberg who is a two way forward (one of the best in the league) and still has only 1 less point that Crosby who doesnt know what defense is and never plays on the PK. Yeah you are so right, Zetterberg is nothing....Crosby is godlike. Thirdly, crosby ******* at the officals regardless if its appropriate or not. Should he have bitched when Hatcher owned him? Sure he was inexpereienced and basically a baby. Should he ***** whenever someone touches his stick now that he has been in the league for a few years? No...but he does it anyways...and why? Because hes still a baby, and will forever be one for his entire career. Will he dominate the league in years to come? Sure...but as of right now, the present...Zetterberg and the rest of the WINGS are dominating him and the rest of his team.....

Thank you and good night.

Buuuuuuuuurn. :thumbup:

Fixed.

ROFL!!

Whatever, there was nothing classy about what Sid Crosby did/said last night. There's no denying that he will be a dominate player for years to come barring injury, but he's got a lot to learn before he can even be considered a cream of the crop leader. What Z had to say about what Sid said to him after the final whistle, THAT was classy. He could've totally busted him out right there in front of the whole world but he didn't, he even tried to explain away Sid's actions by saying that he felt he was 'a little frustrated right now'.

I watched interview after their morning skate today.

Crosby looked VERY VERY determined to win tomorrow's game. Maybe some of you shouldn't think about parade just yet.

Why is his bank account a couple million short? There is no way we are losing this tomorrow night. Sidney Crosby is just a spoiled brat, and he can be determined all he wants, but that's not going to win him the cup this year. Crosby and the Pens are going down tomorrow night.

Edited by savaking72

Der der cindy, michelle will fix everyting wit da refs. Spokes to bestman and he did tell dat when dey get da pook its obstruting us from da pook. Dey has der pook too much from us, soo its obstruting to us too get der pook. So wee will have der pook all der time uddervise its obstruction. So you see cindy - we cant lose and malky can have a little snooze in during der breaks. Friggin TOOLS WAAAAHH!!!!!

I just thought of something. Do you think the NHL is so wrapped up in Crosby that it would give the Con Smythe to Crosby just because he was in the finals? I would love to see it go to Osgood, Zetterberg, or Franzen (for his amazing run of goals).

Crosby doesn't deserve the C on his chest, he needs to grow up, actually learn what composure is, and stop acting like a damned child. I'd be embarrassed after his little confrontation with hank after game 4 and all the whining he's done. They got their precious calls in game 4, we were obstructed against easily on three occasions that weren't called. They were handed a 5 on 3 (not to say Lilja's dumb ass didn't cause it) and couldn't capitalize. You reach a point when you need to stop crying and step up as the team leader, and Crosby simply isn't that. They are being outplayed, it isn't because of non-calls or because our players are "average". I'd like to see another captain in Pittsburgh next season. Bitching to the press and not giving credit to the other team isn't going to win them anything.

I have never seen an more infantile display, in any sport, than what the Penguins have shown this whole series. It starts from the coach on down to the players. The whining and excuses from grown men is pathetic. What gets me is the pens fans comparing Babs outrage at the disallowed goal in game one is no different than what Missy Therrien has done. It's way different, Babs was pi$$ed( and rightly so) but he stated his case and moved on. MT is constantly bitching about the refs. As is Crosby. And the fact the SC can't credit the play of the Wings (Zett) as anything above "average" is bush league and sad. I will put it down to his age and coaching. I really don't see him saying the same things if he was on the Wings with the guidance of Babcock, Lindstrom, Draper and all of the verteran leadership of the whole organization. Hopefully he will mature out of it because he really is a fantastic player but he will never reach his full potential until he learns to shoulder some of the responsibility of being a leader like Yzerman did.