• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hank Dats 'N Homer

Crosby post game Q and A

Rate this topic

Haha i would respond...but it seems people have beat me to it, and i feel so embarrassed for already that i shall not add to it...

Nah screw it here we go. Zetterberg only has 2 points this series? One was on a garbage goal....hmm i dont know if you saw the goal, but he was standing right in front of Fleury (who was not screened) and roofed it right over his glove. I dont know what definition you have of Garbage but....what Zetterberg did is called "sniping". Now if you want to talk garbage goal go take a look at sids goal where he shoots the puck at Ozzie and gets a good bounce. Or how about the one where crosby sits on the side of the net and waits for someone else to do all the work and slide the puck to him and he can tap it in. Or how about the hall goal where he banked it off of Ozzie and got a good break. Hmm i think thats more than half of Pitts goals this series and all are garbage. Secondly. How many points does Crosby have? 3. Three points from the Golden child. I thought he was the savior of the league. And yet he only has 1 more point than this bum zetterberg. Zetterberg who is a two way forward (one of the best in the league) and still has only 1 less point that Crosby who doesnt know what defense is and never plays on the PK. Yeah you are so right, Zetterberg is nothing....Crosby is godlike. Thirdly, crosby ******* at the officals regardless if its appropriate or not. Should he have bitched when Hatcher owned him? Sure he was inexpereienced and basically a baby. Should he ***** whenever someone touches his stick now that he has been in the league for a few years? No...but he does it anyways...and why? Because hes still a baby, and will forever be one for his entire career. Will he dominate the league in years to come? Sure...but as of right now, the present...Zetterberg and the rest of the WINGS are dominating him and the rest of his team.....

Thank you and good night.

By garbage I was referring to the fact it was scored with 13 seconds left in a 3-1 game that was already decided and had zero effect on this series. Thought this was pretty clear, but its okay if you need me to explain it.

Zetterberg is a great player, not saying he isn't. He doesn't need to be dominant in this series because the whole Detroit team is very good.

Crosby is not god. He has never said he is. He is extrememly humble. He practically won game 3 on his own and led the team like a great leader does. His goals were not garbage at all, they were critical to the game and to getting the win.

My point is that he doesn't need to kiss any Red Wing's behind at this point because he's pissed off at being down 3-1 right now, especially in the postgame press conf. immediately following the game. You will see how pissed off he is in game 5. That's why he's such a great competitor. Of course he's not going to be as mature at the age of 20 compared to when he's 30, who is?

His whining to the refs is completely overstated, but I'm a Pens fan so there's no way I can be objective on this point especially on a rival fan's board. He is the captain of the team and it is his job to "work" the officials just like every other captain does. Just cuz he's talking to the refs doens't mean he's whining.

By garbage I was referring to the fact it was scored with 13 seconds left in a 3-1 game that was already decided and had zero effect on this series. Thought this was pretty clear, but its okay if you need me to explain it.

Zetterberg is a great player, not saying he isn't. He doesn't need to be dominant in this series because the whole Detroit team is very good.

Crosby is not god. He has never said he is. He is extrememly humble. He practically won game 3 on his own and led the team like a great leader does. His goals were not garbage at all, they were critical to the game and to getting the win.

My point is that he doesn't need to kiss any Red Wing's behind at this point because he's pissed off at being down 3-1 right now, especially in the postgame press conf. immediately following the game. You will see how pissed off he is in game 5. That's why he's such a great competitor. Of course he's not going to be as mature at the age of 20 compared to when he's 30, who is?

His whining to the refs is completely overstated, but I'm a Pens fan so there's no way I can be objective on this point especially on a rival fan's board. He is the captain of the team and it is his job to "work" the officials just like every other captain does. Just cuz he's talking to the refs doens't mean he's whining.

No this teams whining to the refs is not over stated. Your last sentence is the single dumbest thing I have ever read here.

What do you think hes talking to them about? How sexy they look in those stripped shirts?

I just thought of something. Do you think the NHL is so wrapped up in Crosby that it would give the Con Smythe to Crosby just because he was in the finals? I would love to see it go to Osgood, Zetterberg, or Franzen (for his amazing run of goals).

Not likely. Unless Crosby and Pittsburgh somehow pull of three straight, I highly doubt it. As much as we moan and whine about Bettman and company, they aren't into conspiracy theories.

And say what you want about Crosby whining, he's only 20. He needs time to mature a little bit. I already know people will be coming back at me with, "Well then the Penguins shouldn't have made him captain so early." That's totally up to you to judge. He'll become better with this post-game stuff in time.

Gimme a break. You conveniently left out the quote where he said Zetterburg made a good play on his stick. Sid is a fighter and there's no reason he needs to bow down at the alter of the mighty Henrik Zetterburg who has all of 1 assist and 1 garbage goal in this series so far. Maybe after the series he can give credit to where credit is due, like maybe Samuelsson or Lidstrom, but until then he's going to focus on his team which is where his focus should be. Crosby has been giving interviews since he was 10 years old and almost never says the wrong thing, never, not once. He is remarkably composed for someone so young and THAT is why he is the face of the league.

He has been labeled a whiner by other jealous fans in the league because of incidents like in Philadelphia his rookie year when Darian Hatcher knocked his two front teeth out with an illegal two-hand crosscheck to his face and no penalty was called, and Crosby had the nerve to complain to the officials or media afterwards. He will dominate this league in the years to come.

Crosby is a whiny petulant *****. Bettman may kiss his ass, but everyone outside of pittsburgh and some canadien cities sees him for what he truly is. A *****.

Yah, he's offensively skilled. Yah, he put up some numbers. So what.

"Defense wins championships."

First off zetterberg scored when it was 3-0 not 3-1...your team was shut out that game remeber? I know it has already happened twice to your team in these finals so ill chalk that mistake up to you just getting games confused. Secondly...if that is your definition of "Garbage" goal than i think you have your definitions of "garbage" and "Irrelevent" mixed up. Garbage goals are sloppy dirty goals that should not have gone in. An irrelevent goal is one that would take place but has no bearing on the outcome of the game....such as the Zetterberg goal to top off the opening game 4-0..... Most of the Pens goals have been RELEVENT goals...but GARBAGE goals none the less. I thought the definitions were pretty clear, but its okay if you need me to explain it, after all you are a Pens fan so i know you arent the sharpest of sharp.

Edited by Hank Dats 'N Homer

yeah i heard the same thing about Z just going what any other player would do then he said something about how all they need is just 1 win and they are back in the series...4 wins against the detroit red wings? c'mon he made it sound like it was easy at least from what i heard from him on the NHL network last night.

Someone's calling Kristen Bell a skank?

Why you little!!

homer.jpg

Lidstrom doesn't whine and complain to the refs constantly.

BTW, I wanted to congratulate you for being the only Pens fan with enough balls to show up here at this time, because if you win tomorrow, all the Pens trolls are going to magically appear back on this board, like animals coming out of their hiding place in the bush.

Anyone who defends Sid's actions is blinded by man love...He clearly acted like a little *****, plain and simple. In every interview with ANY Wings player they all show respect and acknowledge the skill of the team they are facing. Sid tries to play it off like the Wings are nothing special. Well, what does that say about you Sidney?

I've said it once and I'll say it again... I will never question the kids offensive talent but man oh man does Cindy have alot of growing up to do as an all around hockey player and as a person !!

I just thought of something. Do you think the NHL is so wrapped up in Crosby that it would give the Con Smythe to Crosby just because he was in the finals? I would love to see it go to Osgood, Zetterberg, or Franzen (for his amazing run of goals).

The NHL doesn't decide the Conn Smythe.

This is actually a far more balanced objective look at Crosby than most of my fellow Wings fans.

Is Crosby a little immature? Yeah, he's 20 years old. Got some growing up to do. This is what happens when you throw a guy like that into the fire by handing him the captain's C. I don't really disagree with the idea even, but we gotta remember - most 20 year old athletes are in college and have a father figure coach to speak for them and who can set the example when they talk to the media. This 20-year-old athlete has a horrible example for a coach when it comes to press conferences, and he's the captain, so who else can he take an example from?

Of course, I do find his quote about "anybody would have done that on the PK" pretty amusing. Given the time he spends killing penalties (zero), how would he know?

who is this zetterburg?

He is an otherwise undistinguished hockey player from a nondescript team that lives in the shadows of such hockey legends as Cindy Crosby, Hal Gill and Brooks Orpik.

Great Balls of Fire pointed out that Z only has two points in this series. True, and yet he is still the favorite to win the Conn Smythe. Hmmm, must be more to his game than just scoring. That's something that can't be said about the wonderkid.

Secondly, I've lost a ton of respect for Crosby in this series. If this is the face of the NHL, the league has problems. Maybe they ought to try to market some true professionals.

Garbage or not, soft goals won game three for the Pens and good/ lucky saves and some tremendous penaly killing along with a couple timely goals won game four for the Wings.

The series isn't over but the Pens should be concerned about a fat lady who appears to be clearing her throat.

I think he's at the point in his career were he hasn't accepted that hes not the leagues only superstar, and is to immature to give credit to his opponents.

I think when the wings cap the series off he'll finally acknowledge the play of Hank and the rest of the wings.

I think he's at the point in his career were he hasn't accepted that hes not the leagues only superstar, and is to immature to give credit to his opponents.

I think when the wings cap the series off he'll finally acknowledge the play of Hank and the rest of the wings.

I think you're right on. He knows Z owned him on that PK - but he's not quite ready to admit that publicly. If you listen to the Wings when they lose, ie. Nick, he always gives credit to his opponents WHILE also pointing out that his team can play better. Crosby will grow up and learn that.

I sincerely hope Sid acknowledges the Wings play *when* they win the series - I think he will, but I'll be sorely disappointed if he doesn't.

Crosby looked VERY VERY determined to win tomorrow's game. Maybe some of you shouldn't think about parade just yet.

I'm sure our players are even more determined to win the Cup tomorrow night.

Great Balls of Fire pointed out that Z only has two points in this series. True, and yet he is still the favorite to win the Conn Smythe. Hmmm, must be more to his game than just scoring. That's something that can't be said about the wonderkid.

Secondly, I've lost a ton of respect for Crosby in this series. If this is the face of the NHL, the league has problems. Maybe they ought to try to market some true professionals.

Truth right there. :clap:

who cares what he said... most of us saw the game

what he needs to do is to concentrate on the positives and get over it

no need to bash him for this.. he is close to losing a stanley cup final. He will mature and learn to handle the media better with some more time.

First off zetterberg scored when it was 3-0 not 3-1...your team was shut out that game remeber? I know it has already happened twice to your team in these finals so ill chalk that mistake up to you just getting games confused.

HaHa. You got me there. Makes it even more garbage/irrelevant.

Secondly...if that is your definition of "Garbage" goal than i think you have your definitions of "garbage" and "Irrelevent" mixed up. Garbage goals are sloppy dirty goals that should not have gone in. An irrelevent goal is one that would take place but has no bearing on the outcome of the game....such as the Zetterberg goal to top off the opening game 4-0..... Most of the Pens goals have been RELEVENT goals...but GARBAGE goals none the less. I thought the definitions were pretty clear, but its okay if you need me to explain it, after all you are a Pens fan so i know you arent the sharpest of sharp.

Garbage. Irrelevant. Who cares what word you want to use. I like garbage because it sounds more meaningless which was my point in this argument. If you want to use irrelevant be my guest, although I understand the distinction between the two if you want to get technical.

I refer to empty net goals all the time as garbage goals as do many other hockey fans.