• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
wingsownnhl43

Chris Osgood

Rate this topic

HenryMalredo, thank you for being the only person to understand where I'm coming from.

No where in my first post did i say Ozzie was solely at fault. No where did i say he hasnt been great this playoffs, in fact, I said him and Z are our two conn smythe candidates. Also NO WHERE did i say replace him with Hasek.

It's just funny because BOTH cbc and nbc made comments multiple times throughout the game saying how shaky Ozzie looked, yet if i post on homerism.com, i mean LGW.com about how shaky Ozzie looked, I'm the biggest idiot in the world.

The only references to Osgood that I heard on NBC were obligatory mention of 'And Osgood at the other end has also been spectacular' after a five minute BJ for Marc-Andre Fleury, who they never felt content to mention without saying his full name.

Ozzie has been great the entire post season and will be fine for us in game six. Was it his best game? No, in fact I think he should have held the post on the game tieing goal, that being said; he saved the game numerous times before and after that. Goal tending wasn't the problem last night, the problem was that the Wings didn't start playing until the second period. It should have never been an OT game. We will see redemption in game six.

Oh and if you think that I'm being biased look at my signature, I'm a Hasek Fan.

I've said it all year long, the wings will go as far as Chris Osgood takes them. No team in the NHL is nearly as good as the Red Wings. They carry the play and outshoot every team they face. but you just cant win without solid goaltending. I had my doubts about Ozzie carrying our team through the playoffs, however he has shocked me by being one of our Conn Smythe candidates.

Tonights game was a different story. Ozzie played like s*** and looked horrible all game. We out shot this team fifty something to twenty something reminding me of the last 3-4 years when routinely got bounced early. Hopefully this was just one bad game and he hasnt returned to human one game to short of winning a championship because if Ozzie doenst play well, we may experience one of the most devastating SC final come backs of all time.

Ummm...hmmmm....I think you would be rattled too if one of your own players beats you right in front of the crease to put you down 2-0.

Osgood has had some stellar games in this SCF but last night wasn't one of them. Do I blame him for the loss? Of course not, that's ridiculous. I think Ozzie has outplayed Fleury for the most part this series - save for last night. I am sorry but I've seen last night's game all too often over the Wings' playoff runs in the last several years. We basically outshoot a team over 2-1 but their GT somehow stands on his head and outplays ours. That is no knock on Ozzie - that is just something the Wing's style of game had a tendency to run into sometimes and I HATE it!

As for the "Ozzie ran out on the press last night" - big deal - who wants to talk to those yaks after a 5 hour affair - esp after we didn't win. He's been very forthcoming to the press all playoffs - they could wait 'til today to talk to him.

Ozzie is a vet and I have confidence he'll bounce back and have a great game tomorrow. I'm calling for Fleury to fall back to earth... :rolleyes: