• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
wingsownnhl43

Chris Osgood

Rate this topic

I see your point, but it's the fans that are complaining and the fans can't fire / promote him. You're not going to hear the coaching staff or management complaining, and they have the power to fire / promote. My point is... you're point is moot. Ozzie doesn't read these boards and we have no power, so he has no idea and is not put under duress.

Oh yeah, and your point is super hyper awesome. Cause it makes so much sense to jump on Osgoods case after a win and to lift him to the high heavens after a loss. Sure...is that how you approach other things in life?

Yikes...

this has got to be some kind of a sick joke. Osgood being blamed for the loss?? Unbelievable. We lost because Kronner made a mistake and because Pittsburg installed a force field in front of their net. Anyone who thinks its Ozzie's fault is a moron.

this has got to be some kind of a sick joke. Osgood being blamed for the loss?? Unbelievable. We lost because Kronner made a mistake and because Pittsburg installed a force field in front of their net. Anyone who thinks its Ozzie's fault is a moron.

We also lost because of 1st period turnovers and we couldn't clear the puck in the last minute of regulation. Not Ozzie

This game is not on him. We started the game like old people f***; slow and sloppy. We gave the puck up, we gave up an own goal, we shot at Fleury 50+ times and couldn't hit water if we fell out of a boat and we couldn't clear the puck with 34 seconds left. That's on the defense and the offense, not him. Our defense isn't supposed to let Pens players get chance after chance to shoot the puck, you're supposed to clear that s*** out. We didn't do that. If he gave up goals from the blue line, misplayed pucks or got caught out of the crease, then yes......you could blame him. But not tonight.

Conn Smythe to scapegoat is about right.

From Conn Smythe to scapegoat in a matter of hours. Wow...just wow.

Yep.... not really a suprise.

Welcome to the Detroit.

For the record:

Ozzie stopped Talbot's initial shot, but it's kinda hard for a goaltender to stop a guy from hacking at the puck two times when he's on the ground..

Your defensemen should do that.

Guest Crymson

Is it possible for us to vote people off of these forums?

OP: What on earth is wrong with you?

1st goal - shot into top corner, no chance for Ozzie.

2nd goal - Shot by Kronner into top corner, no chance for Ozzie

3rd goal - made initial save but NEVER got his skate/pad against the post at any point. If he does that, that puck doesn't go in. Sorry, but Ozzie is at fault (as is Franzen, who had a chance to clear the puck but didn't)

4th Goal - screened, top corner, but near side. I'm sure he'd like that one back, but meh.

We're still better than them.

I've said it all year long, the wings will go as far as Chris Osgood takes them. No team in the NHL is nearly as good as the Red Wings. They carry the play and outshoot every team they face. but you just cant win without solid goaltending. I had my doubts about Ozzie carrying our team through the playoffs, however he has shocked me by being one of our Conn Smythe candidates.

Tonights game was a different story. Ozzie played like s*** and looked horrible all game. We out shot this team fifty something to twenty something reminding me of the last 3-4 years when routinely got bounced early. Hopefully this was just one bad game and he hasnt returned to human one game to short of winning a championship because if Ozzie doenst play well, we may experience one of the most devastating SC final come backs of all time.

Which goal was ozzie's fault? the one where Kronwall put it in our own net off his skate? Maybe the one in 3OT's with a double minor and 4 guys with no energy to help him out??

Watch some more hockey and make an intelligent comment about goaltending.

I've said it all year long, the wings will go as far as Chris Osgood takes them. No team in the NHL is nearly as good as the Red Wings. They carry the play and outshoot every team they face. but you just cant win without solid goaltending. I had my doubts about Ozzie carrying our team through the playoffs, however he has shocked me by being one of our Conn Smythe candidates.

Tonights game was a different story. Ozzie played like s*** and looked horrible all game. We out shot this team fifty something to twenty something reminding me of the last 3-4 years when routinely got bounced early. Hopefully this was just one bad game and he hasnt returned to human one game to short of winning a championship because if Ozzie doenst play well, we may experience one of the most devastating SC final come backs of all time.

No, he didn't play like s**t.

Where was the D that was suppost to cover Talbit while he wacks away at the puck and Ozzy...? I dont blame him for 3rd goal. I give Pittsburgh credit for a hard fought victory...

Franzen botched up the clearing attempt.....I think he clears it we win. Not sure who it was, but there was someone out near center ice that could have at least put some pressure on the puck carrier if they were coming back towards the Wings zone. The Wings waited too long to start playing is what it boils down to....They have a first or second period like the third was, we're all hoisting our beers and buying stanley cup champ shirts.

First time poster, but I've been as big a wing nut as anyone my whole life. I've played the game my whole life and have coached for a while too. It's safe to say that I have more than a basic knowledge of hockey. I say all that to lead to this:

This is one of my biggest pet peaves with some of the Wings fans. I don't personally know anyone here, so I can't say anything about them. But, most of the negativity directed at Wings goaltenders over the last 15 years is due to a lack of in depth hockey knowledge. People need to realize that the Wings would be in the same place right now if Fleury was in net for us. Too many people see the opposing teams goalie stand on his head and say: "Osgood can't do that" and then blame a game like last night on Osgood. BULLSH!T.

The reality is that the Wings defense will never dictate that a goalie needs to stand on his head. What does that mean? It means a goalie can play average, but never have a chance to make up for it with the fairweather fans by playing like Fleury did last night. The best Osgood can do towards "standing on his head" is show up and have a 20 save shutout (SEE: Game 1 and Game 2). Fluery, on the other hand cna have games where he was good, but not spectacular (once again, SEE: Game 1 and Game 2) and everyone thinks he's god because he stole a game last night. Any true hockey fan knows that Osgood stole his share of games with the Islanders and the Blues, too. Heck, the Isles have only made the playoffs twice in the last 10 years --- guess who their goalie was for those two years. The truth is if Fluery (0r anyone else) were the Wings goalie the best you'd see of him would match what Osgood did in the first two games.

On top of that there is a big difference between stealing a game and costing a team a game. Last night, Fleury stole a game. Osgood did NOT cost us a game. Hasek DID cost us games 3 and 4 of the Nashville series (with poor goals). The goals scored on Osgood were not his fault. One was scored by our own defenseman and the tying goal that everyone complains about was probably the one that he had the least chance to stop. He had already made TWO saves and they scored on the third wack. Anyone that knows hockey knows this: When a shot comes from the slot (like the original shot did) and there is traffic down low, the defensemen need to clear the players and not allow them to get to rebounds. Not only did Pitt get to the rebound, they got to the second rebound as well. That is inexcusable -- Talbot should have been on his A$$.

All of that said, the real reason we lost is that we played poorly in the first period. We came out flat and got down by two (bounces or no, Pitt had plenty of opportunities). In fact we started the 2nd poorly until we got a break of our own. If we played like we did in the 3rd, all of the rest is a moot point.

First time poster, but I've been as big a wing nut as anyone my whole life. I've played the game my whole life and have coached for a while too. It's safe to say that I have more than a basic knowledge of hockey. I say all that to lead to this:

This is one of my biggest pet peaves with some of the Wings fans. I don't personally know anyone here, so I can't say anything about them. But, most of the negativity directed at Wings goaltenders over the last 15 years is due to a lack of in depth hockey knowledge. People need to realize that the Wings would be in the same place right now if Fleury was in net for us. Too many people see the opposing teams goalie stand on his head and say: "Osgood can't do that" and then blame a game like last night on Osgood. BULLSH!T.

The reality is that the Wings defense will never dictate that a goalie needs to stand on his head. What does that mean? It means a goalie can play average, but never have a chance to make up for it with the fairweather fans by playing like Fleury did last night. The best Osgood can do towards "standing on his head" is show up and have a 20 save shutout (SEE: Game 1 and Game 2). Fluery, on the other hand cna have games where he was good, but not spectacular (once again, SEE: Game 1 and Game 2) and everyone thinks he's god because he stole a game last night. Any true hockey fan knows that Osgood stole his share of games with the Islanders and the Blues, too. Heck, the Isles have only made the playoffs twice in the last 10 years --- guess who their goalie was for those two years. The truth is if Fluery (0r anyone else) were the Wings goalie the best you'd see of him would match what Osgood did in the first two games.

On top of that there is a big difference between stealing a game and costing a team a game. Last night, Fleury stole a game. Osgood did NOT cost us a game. Hasek DID cost us games 3 and 4 of the Nashville series (with poor goals). The goals scored on Osgood were not his fault. One was scored by our own defenseman and the tying goal that everyone complains about was probably the one that he had the least chance to stop. He had already made TWO saves and they scored on the third wack. Anyone that knows hockey knows this: When a shot comes from the slot (like the original shot did) and there is traffic down low, the defensemen need to clear the players and not allow them to get to rebounds. Not only did Pitt get to the rebound, they got to the second rebound as well. That is inexcusable -- Talbot should have been on his A$$.

All of that said, the real reason we lost is that we played poorly in the first period. We came out flat and got down by two (bounces or no, Pitt had plenty of opportunities). In fact we started the 2nd poorly until we got a break of our own. If we played like we did in the 3rd, all of the rest is a moot point.

Amen !!!

(that's one hell of a first post.. ) :)

I normally dont post, just come on to see the news around the league and such... but STFU... Ozzy could stand on his head ten times over and people like you wouldn't be satisified. Would you rather Hasek be in net? Oh wait.. we tried that, not to bash on Hasek but if he were in net... it might be DALLAS in the finals right now. Goaltending is huge in this game, but somethings do happen like... oh I dono we score on our own net... take stupid penalties in the 3rd OT... things like that, the OZZY can't really have any effect on... why dont you go try out for the Wings goaltending position buddy, eff people like you make me mad :@

Osgood had no chance at the first two goals, and the 4th goal, and no support for the 3rd. He isn't to blame at all

Which goal was ozzie's fault? the one where Kronwall put it in our own net off his skate? Maybe the one in 3OT's with a double minor and 4 guys with no energy to help him out??

Watch some more hockey and make an intelligent comment about goaltending.

And sorry, but I had to point this out. It wasn't off his skate, he clearly shot it into Ozzie's high stick side.

And sorry, but I had to point this out. It wasn't off his skate, he clearly shot it into Ozzie's high stick side.

I thought that too... but it wasn't right off his stick.. it was deflected off of the pens player

Ah I thought he was saying it went off of Kronner's skate, my bad. Either way though, I didn't see it hit the Pens player's slate until now. Makes the situation a lot easier to swallow, thanks for pointing it out.