• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockey9019

Official Wings Cup Parade Information

Rate this topic

I would be down for that, i could drive down there by myself, but i'm nervous about driving down to detroit.

Tis not bad...you have a million (yes I said a million) people just like you and I and everyone else there :P

Well I can't make it now

My fiancee wants to be a (excuse my language) ***** and whining on how much its going to be, and its only a parade blah blah blah

Don't get me started...seriously

...and why are you marrying this woman!?!??!

I'm taking my younger brother (17) and I might meet up with a couple friends. One of them lives at the Riverfront apartments, so I'm hoping I can park there, not holding my breath though. This will be my 1st parade so I have no idea where I should go. I'd like to be at Hart Plaza, but it doesn't seem likely that I'll be able to.

If anybody wants to carpool it from Ann Arbor that'd be nice seeing as I wound up in freaking Highland park on Wednesday. THAT was good times. I'm all for meeting people though, I'll feel a little bit like an ass going alone. But dedicated Wings fan that I am, I am willing to sacrifice! Is there a specific spot to meet?

Does anyone think NHL Network will show it? I think when the Pistons won in '04, one of the Fox Sports channels showed their parade. I will be searching!!

Alright I need to know.....is me getting like 4 hours of sleep (Leaving at 6:30 am) and standing in 90 degree heat with a million other people honestly truly worth it? I've been planning on going to this parade since I missed the one in 02. But now that I'm reading about how crazy it really is I can't decide if I should enjoy in on tv from the comfort of my home with air conditioning or go out there exhausted trying to kill off 5 hours til the parade even starts and sweating to death. So from people with past-parade experience I just want to know if the juice is worth the squeeze?!

Alright I need to know.....is me getting like 4 hours of sleep (Leaving at 6:30 am) and standing in 90 degree heat with a million other people honestly truly worth it? I've been planning on going to this parade since I missed the one in 02. But now that I'm reading about how crazy it really is I can't decide if I should enjoy in on tv from the comfort of my home with air conditioning or go out there exhausted trying to kill off 5 hours til the parade even starts and sweating to death. So from people with past-parade experience I just want to know if the juice is worth the squeeze?!

i would totally go for it. nothing like watching the team you love parading and rallying with the Cup in person! it's one of those experiences you won't ever forget.

you can always bring one of those little electronic handheld fans or something to cool yourself off. :lol: but in all seriousness, i would love to be in your position, so i definitely think you should go. :)

I'm heading out to the parade right now. We will be in Hart Plaza. I have a red t-shirt on that says "Hank's My Hero" and a black newspaper boy cap on with a black winged wheel on it. It's kinda sweet. Yeah it's quarter to 6. What?

It's so appropriate that they hold the parade today when it's Swedens "national-day" (like your 4:th of July).

Oh I so wish I could be there.

Salute to the Stanley Cup CHAMPS!!!

That's awesome. Definitely fitting. And a happy National Day to you :thumbup:

Time to get my 90 minutes of sleep before I head out.