• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Doggy

Chris Osgood

Rate this topic

I was always one those guys that always thought Ozzie probably wouldn't be a HOFer. He's been great his whole career but it was always really easy to doubt even though I loved him. Now, I just can't. He was just a freak of nature for us in the playoffs. He didn't deserve the Conn Smythe but he was second behind Hank. Regardless, this is his thrid Cup and second as a starter.

Surely, he HAS to make the hall of fame. Surely.

OsGOD, HockeyCrazy, interminded - I'm totally with you guys. I'm so sorry I was ever not. Ozzie is the man. Not quite man-love status though. I reckon he needs one more for that. Come on Oz, you know you want it.

Edited by Doggy

Great thread!

Look at the year he's had!

#1 among goalies in the regular season and playoffs, All Star Game in which he was starter, Jennings Trophy, and now Stanley Cup!

He's amazing. Always has been and always will be. Hopefully he'll finally get the credit he deserves!

Great thread!

#1 among goalies in the regular season and playoffs, All Star Game in which he was starter, Jennings Trophy, and now Stanley Cup!

He's amazing. Always has been and always will be. Hopefully he'll finally get the credit he deserves!

He's not a hall of famer right now, but a couple more great seasons would get him there. He has a couple of really strong arguments...

1. 363 wins... when he eclipses 400 he'll be top 10 all time, maybe even top 5 at the end of his career
  2. 2nd goalie in history to win cups 10 years apart i believe... (Sawchuk the first)
  3. 2 Stanley Cups as a starter (could add more)
  4. Career 59 playoff wins
  5. 4 All Star appearances

A Vezina would put him over the top. Damn you, Jim Carey... but it has to be considered that some of his stellar years he only played around 50 games. Perhaps he'd have two if it weren't for Vernon and Hasek in his two best seasons.

REPEAT Oz, and guarantee that spot in the hall. :D

I am sold!!

Mark my words..he will end up in the Hall.

Ozzie..Ozzie..Ozzie..Ozzie..Ozzie..Ozzie..Ozzie..Ozzie..Ozzie..Ozzie..Ozzie..Ozz

ie..Ozzie..Ozzie..Ozzie..Ozzie..Ozzie..Ozzie..Ozzie..Ozzie..Ozzie..Ozzie..Ozzie..

Ozzie..Ozzie..Ozzie..Ozzie..Ozzie..Ozzie..Ozzie..Ozzie..Ozzie..Ozzie..Ozzie..Ozzi

e..Ozzie..Ozzie..Ozzie..Ozzie..Ozzie..Ozzie..Ozzie..Ozzie..Ozzie..Ozzie..Ozzie..O

zzie..Ozzie..Ozzie..Ozzie..Ozzie..Ozzie..Ozzie..Ozzie..Ozzie..Ozzie..Ozzie..Ozzie

..Ozzie..Ozzie..Ozzie..Ozzie..Ozzie..Ozzie..Ozzie..Ozzie..Ozzie..Ozzie..Ozzie..Oz

zie..Ozzie..Ozzie..Ozzie..Ozzie..Ozzie..Ozzie..Ozzie..Ozzie..Ozzie..Ozzie..Ozzie.

.Ozzie..Ozzie..Ozzie..Ozzie..Ozzie..Ozzie..Ozzie..Ozzie..Ozzie..Ozzie..Ozzie..Ozz

ie..Ozzie..Ozzie..

In one year, he could:

400 wins*

3 Stanley Cups as a starter (could add more)

Career 75 playoff wins

5 All Star appearances*

Vezina trophy winner*

*If he gets to 400 (37 wins) the other two will come with it

THAT is a HOF resume

Well,. that's certainly nice of you to say, D !

:)

His dad said it best:

"He won in 98, he won in 2008; I told him I'm not going to wait until 2018 for the next one,'' his father, John Osgood, said. "I feel so proud of Chris. I'm so excited and happy for him, the season he had, and to cap it off with the Stanley Cup, it's indescribable the way I feel right now. Maybe he'll get a little more respect now in the league.''

[MLIVE]

I think that's a nice way to start: A little more respect. From the league. From us as fans.

The HHOF would be nice, but frankly: I don't care.

I have a ton of respect for Chris Osgood as a human being and even more as an athlete.

That's good enough for me.

Great thread!

I'm happy for you, HC. I know he's your boy and the kind of crap you've had to put up with about him over the years, and to have him stuff a sock in everyone's mouth and do what he did has to taste especially sweet to you and the die-hard Ozzie supporters. And to start the playoffs as the backup! Amazing story. Congrats!

I'm happy for you, HC. I know he's your boy and the kind of crap you've had to put up with about him over the years, and to have him stuff a sock in everyone's mouth and do what he did has to taste especially sweet to you and the die-hard Ozzie supporters. And to start the playoffs as the backup! Amazing story. Congrats!

I didn't realise that Ozzie supporters had been copping crap. Now I'm even more glad I started this thread.

AWWW, thank you! This seriously just got me all teary eyed. You've always been great to me from the beginning and I really appreciate it. I'm SO happy and thrilled for Ozzie that I can't even really put it into words. I'm so happy for everyone on the team and all us fans that deserved this!!!

Ozzie's HOF material, hands down.

Think of all the "elite" goalies in the league right now. Hasek's likely going to retire again. Brodeur's on his way down (but guaranteed a spot in the HOF). Kiprusoff, Nabokov and Giguere are inconsistent. Goaltenders like Fleury, Lundqvist, Bryzgalov and Vokoun are, as yet, really unproven.

Ozzie's reached the ranks of the elite at this stage of his career. Nobody's going to take that away from him.