• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
ManLove4Homer

Your one day with the cup

Rate this topic

I'd eat a giant bowl of Cinnamon Toast Crunch out of it. Then I would drive to Sidney Crosby's house and ask if he wanted to touch it. When he went to grab it, I would yell "SIKE!" and drive away. Then I would fill it with champagne and do one of those Dita Von Teese burlesque shows out of it, charging $10 for admission and giving all the proceeds to Detroit-area charities.

No you have to let him touch it. He touches it, he never wins it per legend

I'd take it to Celtic Park in Glasgow , i'd take it into our trophy room and let it hang out with a few friends..... namely the Scottish Premier League Championship Trophy . :D then from there i'd like to take it to Yorkhill children's hospital in Glasgow and show the kids Lord Stanley's Cup and tell them about it and about how the Wings won it .i's also tell them about Ice Hockey and basically try recruit some new Red Wings fan's in Scotland. :):thumbup:

ahh well we are fans and as fans we become a part of the team therefore we earned it. thats what i belive. heck i think james norriss's wife even has her name etched in the cup and she didnt even play on the team. how bout that . maybe i should do the same ehy ahhahaha!! j/k

things i would do is.

study all the names on the cup like a nerd. with my total hockey encyclopedia out.

create a shrine for it and worship it.

take it to the closest hockey rink.

haha maybe take it to saikoji, kumamoto , japan to my familys buhdist temple and have the priest use it as a gong. hahah that means he might have to stand up to hit it ehy? hahahah while i visit my dads ashes.

or get my bird wingnut to finaly take a bath with it. (well that bird may have light yellow and orange feathers but to me they look red and white) lol

my mom probably would use it as a drum for a musical instrument.

maybe make a mold of all the etchings of the cup .

would be a cool thing to use for weight lifting.

::heheh i loved that persons idea that they would go parade around colorado with it wonder if he would paint it red and white::

wonder if anyone would also burn Leafs in it :: loved reading about the rivalry::

hah maybe even parade around with it in pitsburgh.

(wait you might get smashed for that hahaaah)

id love to see my little 4 year old niece dance around it chanting "lets go redwings" heheh i taught her how to chant that when she was i think 2 or 3 , i had her chant that to me over the phone for my birthday on june 16 last monday . :)

id love to go see vladdy and have him touch it again.

probably use the cup to have people put money in it for donations to help the earth. to help the earth helps every creature on earth. (dont forget we are creatures)

oh id do tons of stuff like that.

Edited by nhl_akai_tsubasa

I would make pencil rubbings of the Redwing teams on the cup, then find Claude Lemieux's name on there and get a small turtle etched in beside it. I would then take the rubbings and get them framed and put them up on my wall.

After that I think I would probably get as many of the kids from our youth roller hockey league together to check it out as I could and take tons of pictures. Any fund raising done would get split up between our capital improvement fund for the rink facilities and St Jude's Children's Hospital.

That would be followed by a nice evening at home with my family, The Cup, a nice plate of sweet sausage alfedo and a visit from Sam Adams.

I would also eat cereal out of it in the morning. Hopefully I would get the cup in october. I would take it to a Michigan football game. Walk it around the Michigan sideline. After that I would take it to an early season Michigan hockey game at Yost Arena. Then I would take it Ashley's and the Arena in Ann Arbor and get smashed with it.

I'm still sticking with sex with Kristin Bell. I might build a holder for it on the front of my car's grille and make into the baddest hood ornament of all time as well.... still deciding.

yar, I would stick with the standards also (drink from it, big party, favorite nighttime hangout). I love the idea of taking it to Pittsburgh or Denver, though I would add Anaheim as well. However, whatever I would do I would also take it down to Jefferson County in Wisconsin and get the sandbaggers combating flood waters a break, with a chance to take pictures with it and touch it as well. I would say take it to Iowa, but somebody who lives closer can do that, I gotta' support my own state first...

yar, I would stick with the standards also (drink from it, big party, favorite nighttime hangout). I love the idea of taking it to Pittsburgh or Denver, though I would add Anaheim as well. However, whatever I would do I would also take it down to Jefferson County in Wisconsin and get the sandbaggers combating flood waters a break, with a chance to take pictures with it and touch it as well. I would say take it to Iowa, but somebody who lives closer can do that, I gotta' support my own state first...

hah awesome ! when you take it to anaheim with you hahah tell me about it ! id come with you and invite all my other fellow wings fans to come parade with you! id be in my detroit redwings uniform and if any other wings fan dont have a jersey id let them borrow a jersey. we would be chanting "lets go red wings!!" over and over again annoyingly to everyone.

however no one would cast a stone at you. they arent passionate hockey fans here just fairweather so whats the fun?

this seriously isnt a hockey town. i see someone wearing a black hawks t- shirt and i go off asking him who his fav player is, why does he like the blackhawks, etc. and the guy doesnt even know what a puck is.(true story)

First I would wake up early and go golfing with my father and a few friends to share the cup.

Then to Sharky's bar and grill for some grub and share the cup at the watering hole.

Then to Lake Fenton drive around the lake with a few friends on the boat.

Go back to the house have all family and friends stop over to share in the moment.

Then at night hit some clubs with the cup.

If I won it as a player (not likely as I'm a rotund, arthritic, middle-aged female) I would take it to Wolsely, Sask. That's where I lived as a little kid, and where I learned to skate.

If I had a day as a fan, I'd take it to places where people who really deserved to celebrate could share in it: children's hospital, vetrans' hospital- something like that.

I have resolved the "to touch or not to touch" question by deciding that I will only touch the Cup if it is handed to me personally by a Red Wing during the summer after a Red Wings championship.

As for what I would do: I would read all the names on it and kiss the names of my favourite players. No sex. I'm too old to care, and I don't even want to think of the logistics.

Well... my first thought was that I'd eat some arroz con abichuelas (rice and beans) from it in Puerto Rico, but nobody there would know what the damn thing is so I'd have to spend the entire day explaining! screw that.

Excellent point. I was thinking I'd bring it down to da beach, but now that you mention it, it'd be just a matter of time before inevitably some locals would fill it with a bag of Kingsford and start a grillin'.

"Brah - what da deal wit ah deez names on you BBQ?"

I've always said that if I had a chance to see it again, I'd raise it over my head this time... but that does seem sort of inappropriate now that I think about it...

Well, I guess THIS time I'd share it with Wings fans... people who actually respect the chalice.

I'd do what my fellow Newfoundlander, Cleary did. He had only 48 hours him and Stanley and he with Stanley chose to spend and give his and stanley's time with us, the people of Newfoundland and Labrador.

Thats what I'd do. Share it with everyone. all the people.