• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

DSM

Red Wings to carry enforcer.

Rate this topic

Mac and Downey are Anti-Enforcers. They are the people that the other team's enforcer goes after to start a fight, and they are the guys that start fights after cheapshots or big hits on star players. They themselves will not start a fight for no reason, like enforcers typically do. The Wings roster has no room for weakness. Every line must be fast and able to create scoring chances.

Actually Downey started fights with Fedoruk, Shelley, Wisniewski and O'Donnell for no apparant reason...

Actually Downey started fights with Fedoruk, Shelley, Wisniewski and O'Donnell for no apparant reason...

Trying to stay on the team??? What I was referring to was players like Laraque, Probert, Kocur, and the like who are on the team for the specific reason of fighting.

When are people going to realize that McCarty is not a heavyweight anymore? He doesn't strike terror in the hearts of opponents anymore. Yes I was glad to see him make it back, but let's be realistic here. Now he would be good for beating the hell out of Tootoo !

How the hell did you come up with this response based on the post of mine you quoted? When did I ever say Mac was a heavyweight at this point of his career? What do you not understand about my idea of signing Mac to a two-way contract?

Kenny has already said he's going to offer Mac a new contract so for you to sit here and question the need for him on the team is moot. He's going to be on the Wings unless some other team offers him something better. Given that *I understand that*, I proposed the idea of signing him to a two-way contract to help keep his salary off the books partly and to only be brought up on an as needed basis. With you post, it seems as though you think I'm asking that he gets top line minutes.

I swear, some people are just so trigger-happy when they see something that they don't even bother to check and see if their response is out of context. Don't be so quick to hit that reply button.

Guest Dump-N-Thump
I was looking on hockeyfights, and found this interesting.

The Red Wings had 21 fights last regular season, which is by far the most they've had since '04 when they had 28. And in '02, they had exactly 21 fights. Maybe that's the magic number? :P

Either way, I wouldn't have thought the Wings were involved in that many fights this past year. Not having Downey or Drake or someone like them on the team will definitely change things, and not for the better.

take out drake and downey we would of had like 4 or 5.. Franzens fight doesn't count.. Lilja's fights wernt fights.. Kopecky's fight was the only 1 that resembled a fight at all.. Without drake and downey we would of had like less then 10 fights.. which is hte total we had the yaer before last..

I think if Big Rig and Quincey are given some time next year, They can push the FT a bit.. Along with Mac Downey, hopefully a Abdelkader Tardif call up.. We might find ourselves not bottom feeding this year :D.

How the hell did you come up with this response based on the post of mine you quoted? When did I ever say Mac was a heavyweight at this point of his career? What do you not understand about my idea of signing Mac to a two-way contract?

Kenny has already said he's going to offer Mac a new contract so for you to sit here and question the need for him on the team is moot. He's going to be on the Wings unless some other team offers him something better. Given that *I understand that*, I proposed the idea of signing him to a two-way contract to help keep his salary off the books partly and to only be brought up on an as needed basis. With you post, it seems as though you think I'm asking that he gets top line minutes.

I swear, some people are just so trigger-happy when they see something that they don't even bother to check and see if their response is out of context. Don't be so quick to hit that reply button.

Maybe you shouldnt jump to conclusions so quick, did I use your name NO ! But be careful, apparently everyone is out to get you. I never mentioned 90% of what you mentioned above, nor did I hint in that direction. So perhaps you should take your own advice about posting.

Maybe you shouldnt jump to conclusions so quick, did I use your name NO ! But be careful, apparently everyone is out to get you. I never mentioned 90% of what you mentioned above, nor did I hint in that direction. So perhaps you should take your own advice about posting.

How insane of me to assume you were referring to me because you quoted me. I wonder where I came up with that conclusion.

As for the 90% of what I mentioned, I'm giving reasoning and a purpose for Mac's stay in Detroit next season, simply based on the fact that Kenny has already said he'd offer him a new contract. Again.....what am I thinking? Maybe I should just say Mac isn't a heavyweight.

Guest Dump-N-Thump

2 MORE HOURS..

lets hope this gritty replacement for drake will be Hordi, and we still keep Downey and Mac :D :D :D :D

2 MORE HOURS..

lets hope this gritty replacement for drake will be Hordi, and we still keep Downey and Mac :D :D :D :D

when does it start? for some reason i thought it started at 9am?