• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Elshupacabra

Tampa Bay signs UFA goaltender Olaf Kolzig

Rate this topic

Guest Dump-N-Thump

who called it? someone on LGW called this... who was it??

This is a great signing for the Bolts.... it gives them stability in net and will inevitably make Mike Smith better. Now, only defense needs to be addressed (and by this, I mean not trading Dan Boyle to clear up cap space).

I don't think the Lightning will be getting the first pick overall in 09. The additions they have made should help them quite a bit. Sometimes when teams go on shopping sprees, is does not work so well but I think the pickups they made will indeed help them...except for the coach. He has been out of hockey for a long time. Since he last coached we have seen clutch-and-grab come and go, the Wings won 4 cups and Dom retired a couple of times. Will he be able to coach in a league that is quite different from the one he saw while in LA?

I have been saying for a couple of days now that Tampa is a goalie away from being the next Pens. Don't think that they have the right guy for the job but he is a pretty big upgrade from what they did have.

Glad to see Kolzig sticking around for at least one more year.

They have no one on D, I repeat no one on D.

Dan Boyle, really, Dan Boyle?

At least Pitt had Gonchar!

As the poster said, "There is no D in Gonchar." :P

I'm in total agreement with you. As I said earlier, there 08/09 slogan has to be something along the lines of: "You may score 6 against us, but we're gonna try for 7."

Tampa might be filling the roster but these guys have to play as a team. Where's the chemistry gonna come from?? On paper Kolzig looks like a good signing but I doubt that he's the piece that will put the Lightning into the ECF let alone the SCF.