• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Matt

Want to see the Stanley Cup Tuesday night?

Rate this topic

I just got word that the Stanley Cup may be making an appearance at a bar called Aj's Doolittle's in Lambertville, MI tonight at 7:00pm. I can't be 100% positive of that, but the word does come from a reliable source.

It's near my old stomping grounds (near the MI/OH state line) but I won't be able to make it down there tonight. I'd love to get word from some members here if it's actually there tonight. I know there are a lot of members here in the Toledo area, so here's your chance!

Here's a map/directions link:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&hl=en&...mp;t=h&z=16

I just got word that the Stanley Cup may be making an appearance at a bar called Aj's Doolittle's in Lambertville, MI tonight at 7:00pm. I can't be 100% positive of that, but the word does come from a reliable source.

It's near my old stomping grounds (near the MI/OH state line) but I won't be able to make it down there tonight. I'd love to get word from some members here if it's actually there tonight. I know there are a lot of members here in the Toledo area, so here's your chance!

Here's a map/directions link:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&hl=en&...mp;t=h&z=16

With any luck, my wife and I will be there. :) Look for the borderline inseparable Cheli and Shanny jerseys. ;)

Guest Dump-N-Thump

D-Mac needs to hold true on his promise and bring it to hockeytown west. ;)

I think I remembered reading that Cheli and Stu had the cup in Cali today...I'll try to find a link.

I think those journals are posted a few days after they have the cup. It talked about Cheli having it for the 4th of July. I just read in the Cup Tour thread that it might have been around Detroit for the DVD preview yesterday. So it is very possible it might be in the area. I am going just for the chance it might be there, and if not, get some drinks and some food.

I called and they said that no players will be there. Some woman that works within the organization is bringing it. Should be a good time! I can't make it unfortunatly. Take lots of pictures!

We got there at about 6:50pm and they were passing out the tickets. We were told the cup would be there at 8:30pm, so we went across the street to get a bite to eat. When we came back at 8:00pm, they said they had to take the tickets back because it was against NHL rules. The cup finally arrived at around 9:15pm or so and we got to see it and get some pictures with it at 10:30pm or so. It was everything I imagined it to be and it was well worth the wait. I would like to thank Matt for posting on here that it would be there. We never would have known it would have been there if it wasn't for his post.

Take care everyone!

post-15580-1215581315_thumb.jpg

Awesome!

Hopefully I'll get a chance to see it this summer yet. Sadly, I've still never been close enough to touch it or get a picture with it -- just a hundred or so yards away in Hart Plaza during the 1997, 1998 and 2002 parades.