• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

superdeluxe

Detroit Red Wings @ Vancouver

Rate this topic

Thanks to this topic that's next on my sports to-do list: see a game in Vancouver. You all got me excited about going up there.

Superdeluxe and Octopusonice -- if either of you need any more details about Vancouver, and/or what to do there, sights you can see, etc., send me a private message and I'll be happy to help you out.

Edited by One of the Few

i've only watched one red wings game live, and it was in vancouver. i believe we whooped them like 7-3. one of the best feelings ever, a few of the canucks fans around me got abit angry from me cheering

Slightly off-topic, but Mats Sundin agent, J.P. Barry, was just interviewed on a Vancouver sports talk-show a few minutes ago, and he said that Sundin is definitely not going to Detroit.

lol, we have like 0.5mil in cap space now. I knew Sundin wasn't having any chance in hell of coming to the Wings the moment we got Hossa.

I spend most of the year in Vancouver myself and am going to both Wings games at GM Place, I'd love to catch up with some LGWies who are gonna be there.

Ressurecting the thread since Canucks single-game tickets went on sale today, huzzah! I got a lower-bowl end seat for Nov. 2, havent gotten anything for the 24th, but definately something cheaper. Ticket prices for GM Place has shot up yet again.

I'm making the trip over from Victoria BC for both games. If your looking for a good place to stay look up the rosedale on robson. Nothing fancy, but a decent price and about a 5 minute walk from the arena.

I'm making the trip over from Victoria BC for both games. If your looking for a good place to stay look up the rosedale on robson. Nothing fancy, but a decent price and about a 5 minute walk from the arena.

I also recommend the YWCA Hotel. I stayed there for a few weeks for my dorm to belatedly open; pretty basic accommodation - almost akin to a hostel - but it was very clean, quiet, just about as cheap as you can get for downtown Vancouver, and all of a five minute walk from GM Place.

Edited by Cern

I have always had luck in visiting arena finding out where the Opponents team bus is parked and getting it that way. Worked in plenty of venues it might work in Vancouver also.

Ressurecting the thread since Canucks single-game tickets went on sale today, huzzah! I got a lower-bowl end seat for Nov. 2, havent gotten anything for the 24th, but definately something cheaper. Ticket prices for GM Place has shot up yet again.

What section will you be in?

Ive been checking craigslist to see whats available, but their all in s***ty sections.

What section will you be in?

Ive been checking craigslist to see whats available, but their all in s***ty sections.

244.jpg

For Nov. 2nd, I'm in section 112, row 12.

For Nov. 24th, I'm in section 324, row 3.

My job has me fortunate enough to attend many Canucks practices during the year. I can tell you your best chances of getting a signature would probably outside of gate8(or 9..can't remember the number) after the morning skate. The visiting teams skate after the canucks on gamedays. The nucks are usually off around noon and the visitng teams are on the ice for about an hour after them. So I would say be there around 130pm-230pm. If you see a charter bus that is a good sign. Keep in mind that there is ALWAYS "professional" autograph collecters there. So if you see these guys you are in the right place. The players seem to respond better if you use their first names and are polite from what I have seen.

Thank you so much for this, count me in for Sunday afternoon.

Edited by Cern