• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
jawbreaker

The Most Overrated/Underrated Superstar

Rate this topic

Vinny UNDERrated? Underrated by whom?

Yeah, I'm not sure about that one. I'd say Vinny, if anything, is overrated. By this, I mean, the following: I think he is an excellent player, one of the best in the game today, however, many people were calling him the best player in the world for the better part of last season, which is overrating for sure. I don't think he is overrated though since I think some people simply got a little too excited about him and threw out "best in the world" comments without thinking too much.

He certainly isn't underrated.

A guy that you don't hear much about, but was inducted into the HOF in 1992 is Marcel Dionne.

Dunno if you can say he was underrated, but without a Cup ring, & playing the majority of his career in LA (centerman for the Triple Crown Line with Taylor, & Simmer) kinda limited the attention he may had received if he would've played elsewhere (read Montreal, or Toronto).

He definately isn't underrated, especially if you consider the hardware he was won (i.e. people thought he was good enough to give him awards).

You don't hear too much about him nowadays simply because he retired 20 years ago. He's one of the all time greats, but there are others that simply overshadow him, so with that fact in mind, mentioning someone else instead of him doesn't mean you are underrating him, it just means that the other player is simply better.

I live in Ohio and personally, I don't think he's a franchise player. Much like I never thought Brendan Shanahan was a franchise player even in his peak years. I'm just saying its unfair to call him overrated when he has nothing to work with.

Here's some more stats for you since you think i'm too optimistic.

Calgary Flames

Iggy 50 goals 98 pts

Langkow 65 points

Iggy 39 goals 94 pts

Langkow 77 points

Iggy 35 goals 67 pts

Langkow 59 points

Iggy 41 goals 73 pts

Conroy 47 points

Iggy 35 goals 67 pts

Conroy 59 points

In 02 he had 52 goals and 96 points

Funny how nobody thinks Iggy is overrated yet he's only hit the 40+ mark 2 times in the past 5 years.

Iggy .434 goals/game career

Nash .424 goals/game career with lesser centerman

Are you picking up any of this?

Funny how you only look at ONE statistic and declare yourself the winner. Way to be thorough though bud. You just keep looking at the stats that only back up some bs point that Iginla is overrated. I mean, I know it's fair to compare points to goals, or apples to oranges if you will. That makes TOTAL sense. And let's just forget about all his other assets. I know he doesn't drop his gloves, play defense, throw his body around, there is no possible way he is fast. He is totally not the quintessential power forward. Not a chance.

Psssssssssssssssssssstttttttttttt. How many times have Hank and Pavel hit 40+ goals? I mean, if you are going to use 40+ goals as a standard than quite a bit of NHL players are overrated, including Hank and Pavel.

Think things through before you decide to write them out.