• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

StevieBoy

When do individual game tickets go on sale?

Rate this topic

Does anyone know when individual game tickets go on sale? I live in Denver now but am coming in to town with my wife the weekend of October 18th and wa want to catch the Rangers game. She's from Denver (and unfortunately an Avs fan) and has never gone to a real venue.

I usually buy pre-season games from Stubhub. That's mostly when I go, since even dead-winter Columbus regular-season games are often out of my price range (not that I'd want to go see a deadpan matchup like that anyways, just using it as a comparison).

As far as regular season goes, I bought my home opener tickets last year from Ticketmaster. They were a pretty good deal; about as good as you'll get anywhere else.

Ditto!

Maybe we could do like other sites and PM each other with it instead of posting it to keep at least some scalpers/resellers from hoarding it.

I know, it won't have THAT much power - but still.

Good idea. I really want to land a pair of tickets for the home opener. Signed up for the official site (well LGW is really the official site IMO) to get tickets for Stevie's # retiring but wasn't able to grab tickets. They have sent me the PW for the last couple years (even though I wasn't paying for it) but nothing so far. Would have figured I would have gotten an email by now.

I feel like I'm piling on here, but if a PM goes around, I'd certainly like to get it. I promise I won't get in anyone's way to get opener tickets. I just want Montreal! :)

The presale is for Season Ticket Holders, Suite Holders and Corporate Partners. This saying there might not be tickets available if the corporate people flock to the sale. It doesn't include the Classic.

Here is the email and link:

Dear Tracy,

The Red Wings are pleased to offer Season Ticket Holders, Suite Holders and Corporate Partners a special pre-sale opportunity to purchase single game tickets for the 2008-2009 season before they go on sale to the general public*. Now is your chance to obtain those extra, hard to get tickets to the biggest games of the season including opening night as the Stanley Cup championship banner is raised to the Joe Louis Arena rafters prior to squaring off against Original Six rival the Toronto Maple Leafs. Plus, visits from Sidney Crosby and the Eastern Conference champion Pittsburgh Penguins and Original Six rivals the Montreal Canadiens and the New York Rangers.

This offer is only available on Ticketmaster.com and will start Wednesday, September 10th, 2008, at 10 a.m. (EDT) and conclude on Thursday, September 11th, 2008 at 10 p.m. (EDT). To participate, click on the link provided below, follow the listed instructions and use the password provided in the "Special Offer Code" box.

I have the password. Send PM and I will give it out!!
Edited by rdwngnut

the password is for sale on ebay for $5... i dont have an account :(

http://cgi.ebay.com/Red-Wings-Presale-Pass...1QQcmdZViewItem

Selling the free password you get in an email is just wrong. Just my opinion. They are probably the same people who overcharge their friends for tickets. I cannot sell my season tickets for anymore than I pay. I don't feel right charging more to my friends or co-workers. I need the repeat customers to be able to keep my tickets year to year. I will always share what I get from the Wings on here!!

I also have about 6 games left of my seats in anyone is interested. Not any real good teams.