• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

HockeytownRules19

9/24 X-GDT: Canadiens 3, Red Wings 2 (SO)

Rate this topic

Guest mindfly

Lidström put on a visor, it's not worth it! the injuries you can get in your eyes etc... Do a draper for the sake of this team!

Lidström put on a visor, it's not worth it! the injuries you can get in your eyes etc... Do a draper for the sake of this team!

From the description of it, a 1/2 shield won't have likely helped. The puck deflected up from his stick.

I actually think it's quite scary for the rest of the league just how many good up and coming prospects we have. Everyone talks about our depth on defence but look at the forward prospects we have. Helm, Abdelkader, Emmerton, Mursak, Ritola, Axelsson, even Ryno. We're going to stay good for a long, long time.

habs fans responding on youtube:

"The Hamilton Bulldogs beat your Stanley Cup Red Wings"

"Looks like the habs are taking it this year"

Lol at ppl thinking the Red Wings were full throttle in this game, Habs fans think the preseason means something especially to the Red Wings smh, look at the Lions.

habs fans responding on youtube:

"The Hamilton Bulldogs beat your Stanley Cup Red Wings"

"Looks like the habs are taking it this year"

Lol at ppl thinking the Red Wings were full throttle in this game, Habs fans think the preseason means something especially to the Red Wings smh, look at the Lions.

Just wait until we get the other half of our team... I doubt they'll be saying the same thing once the big, red monster comes alive again.

Just wait until we get the other half of our team... I doubt they'll be saying the same thing once the big, red monster comes alive again.

Exactly plus the Red Wings are still in 'summer mode'

Hossa did well, Howard did well, Datsyuk did his "you have puck? Now me have puck" business like 50 times this game, penalty kill was abysmal, powerplay was very good.

How the f*** did Hossa's stick break? I hate having to pay good money to probably the only game I get to see in the year to see someone break their freaking stick on a shootout. Grar frustration.

Why did you pay "good money" for an exibition game? I was lucky enough to get free tickets, but i would have went anyways, and would not have payed more than $20 to get in. Tickets were going on the Street for $10 a piece.

Moral? Do not EVER pay "good Money" For an exibition game. I'm planning on going to the TOronto Preseason game and I do not plan on spending more than $10 to get in.

Notes on the game ---

Maltby took a pretty bad elbow from Komisarek, he then whipped around and drilled him back with an elbow, then looked at the ref, bitched about the elbow he took, and then bitched when the ref called them both for elbowing.

Maltby also took another bad penalty and again just bitched to the ref the entire way to the box. I don't hate Maltby. But with the way some of the young guys ae playing, IMO he's expendable.

Draper took a stupid Goalie interference Penalty and did the same, Bitched all the way to the Sin Bin. Draper is much more useful than Maltby at this point, but again IMO he's Expendable.

Downey - One of the Hardest workers of the game. He was playing full speed from start to finish. You can tell how much making this team means to him.

Abdelkader - I'd say the Hardest worker on the Ice, was rewarded with a goal, threw som big hits. Great Game

Leino - didn't do much. He's Big though

Ericsson - Another Big Guy, was very good defensively. Didn't seem to be too strong With the Puck though. One play that sticks out was a montreal player was streaking towards detroits end, got a nice outlet pass, and Ericsson Skated his butt off to get back to him and not let him do anything with teh puck in detroits zone.

Hossa/Datsyuk. - Neither of them really seemed to put forth much effort. But that's the way Datsyuk always looks....then he robs players of teh puck, and finds an open guy (usually Holmer, tonight it was) in front of the net to score a goal. Him and Hossa didn't Gel. Datsyuk is a Wizard with the puck, and a lot of times in traffic, he'd make a few moves and dish the puck to hossa, and Hossa just wasn't ready for it, or wasn't expecting it. When Zetterberg and datsyuk are together, Datsyuk will squirm the puck out in Z's direction, and Hank will take off with it. Hossa was just missing the Pass.

i'm not saying hossa Sucks, or that he WON'T gel with datsyuk....but i think what Z and D have is pretty special how they play off each other, and should stay together.

The goalies Played well, If i didn't mention someone, it's becasuse they didn't stick out in a positive or negative Way.

Fun game to see, can't wait to go to the next one.