• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
40#1Fan

Khabibulin clears waivers

Rate this topic

He'll clear and be put on re-entry waivers, where I would assume that the L.A. Kings would take him. The Kings still need to add a couple million to get over the cap floor.

As soon as I saw this thread I was thinking LA, with all of the young netminders and the need to make cap floor this is a perfect fit.

He'll clear and be put on re-entry waivers, where I would assume that the L.A. Kings would take him. The Kings still need to add a couple million to get over the cap floor.

People have been saying that about every big ticket, waived/on the block player this offseason.

3.5 for a washed up backup? OK maybe washed up is a little harsh, but they just signed Oldie the Goalie, sorry Olaf Kolzig, the have Mike Smith (TBL that is ).

The Ott has Gerber and Auld and about 4 mil in cap space, but seriously is Khabi any better than those two?

I would assume LA would pick him up as well. I do wonder though if we are actually going to see something similar to what he did in Phoenix sometime back, by holding out all season. Yes he is under contract and all, but this s.o.b is one of the most stubborn guys in the league.

I would assume LA would pick him up as well. I do wonder though if we are actually going to see something similar to what he did in Phoenix sometime back, by holding out all season. Yes he is under contract and all, but this s.o.b is one of the most stubborn guys in the league.

He'd have to be nuts to voluntarily give up $6.75 million just because he's in some place he doesn't want to be, given that he'll never be offered that kind of coin again.

I hope no one takes him- the Hawks deserved what they got when they gave him that contract then offered a similar contract to another goalie knowing Khaby is neigh untradeable.

6.75 million is about 4 million more than he's worth (and that's being generous).

Guest Crymson
People have been saying that about every big ticket, waived/on the block player this offseason.

It's also true. The Kings are a week away from forfeiting their first game.

The interesting part is currently the Blackhawks have just over $2 million in cap space. Why do they "need" to dump Khabi anyway unless they are planning on making a huge splash after cuts are made and at the deadline. $2 million in cap room at the deadline allows the Blackhawks to bring in over a $10 million yearly cap hit player(s). They must really be shooting for the playoffs this year.

The interesting part is currently the Blackhawks have just over $2 million in cap space. Why do they "need" to dump Khabi anyway unless they are planning on making a huge splash after cuts are made and at the deadline. $2 million in cap room at the deadline allows the Blackhawks to bring in over a $10 million yearly cap hit player(s). They must really be shooting for the playoffs this year.

there are rumours that the hawks are after a veteran centreman to replace lang. nylander has been mentioned a few times as a possibility.

He'd have to be nuts to voluntarily give up $6.75 million just because he's in some place he doesn't want to be, given that he'll never be offered that kind of coin again.

Your right, he would be nuts to walk away. I highly doubt it would happen, but this guy is just a little unpredicatable. I am a little torn whether I would like to see Chicago stuck with him. Yes because they would have a lot of money going to two goaltenders, and it screws them! But I would like to see him go back to the east, so the Wings don't face him as much. He plays decent against Detroit.

Your right, he would be nuts to walk away. I highly doubt it would happen, but this guy is just a little unpredicatable. I am a little torn whether I would like to see Chicago stuck with him. Yes because they would have a lot of money going to two goaltenders, and it screws them! But I would like to see him go back to the east, so the Wings don't face him as much. He plays decent against Detroit.

Last year he did, but he was absolute garbage before that. Two seasons ago he was pulled in 3 of 4 straight games against Detroit, and within the first 10 minutes in two of those games IIRC.

i think the kings are the only team that makes sense. isnt bernier supposed to be the future? id think they want him logging big minutes in the AHL and not destroying his confidence in the NHL but stranger things have happened. Have labarbera back up khabby instead.

The Kings assigned Bernier to the AHL yesterday.

They still have LaBarbera & Ersberg in camp as their two goalies at the moment.