• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Yzerfan75

10/13 GDT: Red Wings 3, Hurricanes 1

Rate this topic

Since i will be going to it (and have a very slim chance of meeting some of the Red Wings... if my connection in the RBC Center pulls through), I thought I'd start off the GDT. Sorry if I formatted it incorrectly.

I'm hoping for a fun and exciting game. Conklin's starting (I think), so that will be cool for me to see him starting his first regular season game as a Wing. The Hurricanes will be wearing their third jersey for the first time. And I just hope that when I come out to my car (with the new vanity plate: WINGSWIN on it) that it will still be intact, no matter what the outcome.

I predict a 4-1 Wings victory.

Yzerfan....I'll be there as well! Sec. 122. Taking some friends to their first NHL game!!!

I'm excited to see Conklin for the first time, too.....not so much the 'Canes third jeresys.....

Anyone else gonna be in attendance??

Yzerfan....I'll be there as well! Sec. 122. Taking some friends to their first NHL game!!!

I'm excited to see Conklin for the first time, too.....not so much the 'Canes third jeresys.....

Anyone else gonna be in attendance??

Cool man! I'm not sure where we're at. I know we're at club level, but we're picking the tix up at will call. If you see a guy in a wheelchair with a ponytail and an Osgood jersey w/ SC patch, I'm gonna bet it's me. :D

Guest Four

Hopefully Detroit becoming steadily stronger as a team, the first two were pitiful. Hossa and Pavel still need some work together and Zetterberg aint Zetterberg without Datsyuk always feeding him. Come on Hudler, turn in to the 5'10 Pavel! (or whatever height you are :P).

I'll be there, going to my first red wings game. Can't wait.

Just FYI, this is going to be a blackout due to the new Canes jerseys. (meaning everyone will be wearing black) So if you want to stick out, wear a white or red jersey, even though my only wings shirt is black <_<

Guest mindfly

Wings will loose, hurricanes are on the roll and have been playing great for 2 games, red wings quite the opposite

Just my 2, although i hope im wrong of course.

I'll be there tonight, thank God the new company has season tix. Haven't picked them up yet so I'm not sure what section their in [Edit] Section 223 Row D Seat 16 [\Edit]. Look for me in the t-shirt with the Freep/Detnews front page from 2002 (or if i've gotten too fat in past few years, just a Wings t-shirt) when the Wings beat the Canes somewhere in the lower bowl. I haven't decided if I want to wear the championship hat from this summer, or my UofM hockey hat... I have all day to mull that one over. Feel free to say hi if you see me, as i'll no doubt be drinking on the company dime. (With Conklin starting, 4-2 Wings final & Hossa gets his first as a wing tonight)

I miss my season tix at the Joe, but at least I have a job here.

-Dan

Edited by danwilsonbsee

I had an opportunity on a business trip last February to go catch a couple of games at the RBC Center. Nice facility. I saw the Canes play the Devils thenthe Ragers. Got an opportunity to see Shanny and Brodeur both play. Canes have a rowdy good crowd. They are still pissed about 05 though.

Go Wings

Wings 4 (Z 2) (Franzen 1) (Cleary 1) (Lidstrom 1)

Canes 2 (who cares)

Hey, I was thinking (and as long as the Raleigh Thread is hot) - where do you other Wings fans in the Triangle area watch games at? I live by Glenwood South so I've been known to watch at Hi-5 on low volume nights - other than that it's mostly the centre-ice package. Is there a Detroit sports bar around where I can be assured the game will be on, or even any hockey bar?

-Dan

i hope we win tonight, since i've had a throughly crappy day..

had to have my dog put to sleep today and i'm kinda devestated...

4-1 Wings, Hudler, Holmstrom, Hossa (2)...

Hey, I was thinking (and as long as the Raleigh Thread is hot) - where do you other Wings fans in the Triangle area watch games at? I live by Glenwood South so I've been known to watch at Hi-5 on low volume nights - other than that it's mostly the centre-ice package. Is there a Detroit sports bar around where I can be assured the game will be on, or even any hockey bar?

-Dan

Been tryin' to figure that out myself......it sounds like there is not a place of Wings worship...yet??