• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

10/16 GDT: Canucks 4, Red Wings 3 (OT)

Rate this topic

One thing that keeps happening is the other teams are skating into our zone with speed and no opposition, taking shots left and right. That and poor defense on the 2nd and 3rd man in.

Yet in contrast the Wings seem to be coasting around, with the exception of Datsyuk and a couple others.

Osgood was NOT ready for that shot. He was absolutely lackadaisical. No reason why a shot from that angle should go in the net. If he's ready all he has to do is stand there. The puck was in the net before he even reacted.

Not ready for the shot? It bounced off the board in such a fortunate fashion for the Canucks that Burows was able to bury it without even having to take the time to look where he was shooting. Theres not a goalie in the league that could stop that shot without some serious, serious luck of throwing his body at the net and getting a fortunate break.

Games like these make me hate being a Red Wing fan sometimes. It seems like if there is anything short of perfection I blow a gasket and watching losses like these just make me want to punch infants in rapid succession.

At the end of the day I am proud to be a Wings fan but s*** guys act like cup champs for once in the season.

Dallas: I didn't see the replay after but it looked like it bounced right to him which he didn't expect. That game was one of funny ******* bounces.

Haha me too. When you are the best, you expect to see the best. And from the Wings we haven't seen that.

I almost wish we would just get our asses kicked to the high heavens like the Caps did to the Canucks and maybe that would wake us up a bit. The fact that we can play like s*** and still win games or only lose by a goal says a lot about this teams talent. Now if they were to actually play to their potential, or even half their potential, we'd have domianted these past four games.

Dallas: I didn't see the replay after but it looked like it bounced right to him which he didn't expect. That game was one of funny ******* bounces.

It bounced off the boards and he had plenty of time to get square and set. The puck was bouncing a lot throughout the game though, which is weird considering Al has the ice in near immaculate condition game in and game out.

Oh well, the way the game was going I wasn't surprised with the outcome. They just better get their s*** together for Saturday's game. Or at least resemble the Detroit Red Wings we know at least somewhat.

Haha me too. When you are the best, you expect to see the best. And from the Wings we haven't seen that.

I almost wish we would just get our asses kicked to the high heavens like the Caps did to the Canucks and maybe that would wake us up a bit. The fact that we can play like s*** and still win games or only lose by a goal says a lot about this teams talent. Now if they were to actually play to their potential, or even half their potential, we'd have domianted these past four games.

Babcock just needs to bring out his Hulk Smash side and whip this team into shape.

Honestly it is ******* pathetic watching them play right now. WE WANT BLOOOODDD!!

Lebda sucked the big one all game, I thought he would be of more value due to his speed but he handles the puck like it was a hand grenade with the pin pulled out. He let Burrows right by him on that overtime goal and had some other miscues in the third period as well. He finished the game at -2 and should sit for a game or two while Babs gives Meech a shot at the 3rd pairing with Lillypads. I hate losing to the Canucks so I'm venting here but I would still sit Lebda for a while even if I wasn't still mad.

Not ready for the shot? It bounced off the board in such a fortunate fashion for the Canucks that Burows was able to bury it without even having to take the time to look where he was shooting. Theres not a goalie in the league that could stop that shot without some serious, serious luck of throwing his body at the net and getting a fortunate break.

See, now I think you are disagreeing with me just to disagree. There was no funny bounce. It bounced off the back boards to the end boards. Osgood has plenty of time to get set and square. Looked like it went five hole to boot, which doesn't require a serious luck of throwing his body at the net rather than being ready for the shot.

See, now I think you are disagreeing with me just to disagree. There was no funny bounce. It bounced off the back boards to the end boards. Osgood has plenty of time to get set and square. Looked like it went five hole to boot, which doesn't require a serious luck of throwing his body at the net rather than being ready for the shot.

It went higher than that. And if you are moving it is very hard to close up the fivehole in time.

It bounced straight out to Burrows who was in key shooting position. Osgood was set at the side of the net in case someone was to come out of the corner, but it bounced off the boards past the goal line right onto the stick of Burrows who was past the blue and at a perfect scoring angle. Osgood would've had to move to get square to Burrows in the time it took for that puck to bounce to Burrows, which is easy for you to crticize on your sofa, but a lot harder to do when you're the one who has to move your body towards in the shooter quicker than it takes you to realize that the puck has already bounced by you.

The Rangers have looked good thus far this season. If we lose on Saturday, I'm going to be ******* pissed.

I think it is good Detroit is going to play them. If they can get motivated to be the first ones to beat them this season they can get some serious motivation off of it and get the season going.

Games like these make me hate being a Red Wing fan sometimes. It seems like if there is anything short of perfection I blow a gasket and watching losses like these just make me want to punch infants in rapid succession.

At the end of the day I am proud to be a Wings fan but s*** guys act like cup champs for once in the season.

LOL, truer words have never been spoken.

Summertime is over Babcock needs to start handing out bitchslaps, Conklin should start next game. I know its bad bounces but goalie changes sometimes let players know things need to change.

p.s Buffalo already handed the Rangers their first loss

Edited by Yak19

I think it is good Detroit is going to play them. If they can get motivated to be the first ones to beat them this season they can get some serious motivation off of it and get the season going.

New York lost to Buffalo last night, but they play Toronto tomorrow night, so Saturday will be the Rangers' second game in as many days.

It went higher than that. And if you are moving it is very hard to close up the fivehole in time.

I'd argue for Osgood it is because he really isn't a true butterfly goalie but for someone like Luongo not so much because he is a butterfly goalie. Regardless, from that angle, with nobody in his line of sight, the puck shouldn't go in the net. "Lucky bounce" or not.

Oh well, that's all you can say.

The Rangers have looked good thus far this season. If we lose on Saturday, I'm going to be ******* pissed.

At this point, I wouldnt mind a drubbing that put the Wings in their place. They've managed to pull out 5 points in 4 games despite playing below their potential and inconsistently throughout each game, and against average opponents no less. If they come across a team that will hand them their lunch and show them what happens when you actually play a decent team, then maybe it'll wake the Wings up.

If, on the other hand, we win in a convincing fashion, then hopefully itll be a sign that we can forget these last 4 games and get on with our dominating ways.

Rangers will be tired. It'll be their eighth game already and they'll be traveling in to Detroit after playing tomorrow night at home.

Attendance: 19,011.

Ugh. Seriously?

Canucks are a boring team to watch, i'd rather attach jumper cables to my balls then watch them play unless its against the Wings in which case im not going to the game. Canucks wont be in the playoffs this year, they suck. Which is why im so frustrated with the effort or lack of it tonight.

Meh. We got a point.

Kronwall looked kind of bad tonight. Our inability to score even strength goals is a bit concerning, but overall I'm not too worried. Hossa needs a goal to get some confidence. And finally I wish Helm was on the team, but what can you do?

It bounced straight out to Burrows who was in key shooting position. Osgood was set at the side of the net in case someone was to come out of the corner, but it bounced off the boards past the goal line right onto the stick of Burrows who was past the blue and at a perfect scoring angle. Osgood would've had to move to get square to Burrows in the time it took for that puck to bounce to Burrows, which is easy for you to crticize on your sofa, but a lot harder to do when you're the one who has to move your body towards in the shooter quicker than it takes you to realize that the puck has already bounced by you.

Considering I have played Juniors (high level to boot) as a goalie I would argue it is actually harder for someone like you, who I'd be willing to bet has nowhere near the experience I have, to criticize anything about a goal. Now go ahead and default to "well why aren't you out there then?"

If Osgood is on the side of the net, and the puck went to Burrows as you describe, Osgood doesn't even have to move to make that save considering it went in blocker side and he would have been hugging the post to begin with. He literally just has to stay in that position and it hits him. But if you want to go ahead and try to prove me wrong on this one, go right ahead.

I will stress, again, from that angle that goal should not go in. Period.

Canucks are a boring team to watch, i'd rather attach jumper cables to my balls then watch them play unless its against the Wings in which case im not going to the game. Canucks wont be in the playoffs this year, they suck. Which is why im so frustrated with the effort or lack of it tonight.

yeah the Canucks are boring to watch... lol

Lebda needs to sit at least a game he played horribly. Lilja has actually looked good, and Kopecky played decent. Does anyone else think that maybe it takes goalies a little while longer to get back into the flow I mean Boby Lou didn't even look that great; Ozzy made very few good saves and I would say was just about average; regardless if the team plays like this by game 10 they are going to need a huge shake up.