• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

10/16 GDT: Canucks 4, Red Wings 3 (OT)

Rate this topic

Please.

Two lucky bounces off the boards right to a ready player and one epic f***-up by not one but 4 Red Wings skaters. Osgood played at Luongo's level tonight, and with the exception of 2 or 3 of the rest of the Wings, they all played inconsistently at best.

Seconded. <_<

BTW, who's in your avatar? She's a cutie.

The one and only Kiira Korpi. :wub: Amazing.

I'm really disappointed with the Wings tonight, very disappointed in fact. After such a great second period I thought we had turned the corner and would be on our way. Instead we come out flat in the third and give up the OT winner after half a minute. Defence having far too many lapses, offence not clicking with poor passing and too many shots being given up. And it's a travesty that Darren Helm only played 7 minutes when he was one of the few players who had energy.

And lastly, Marian Hossa was absolutely atrocious. Worst player on the ice for mine, mainly for complete lack of effort.

Two lucky bounces off the boards right to a ready player and one epic f***-up by not one but 4 Red Wings skaters. Osgood played at Luongo's level tonight, and with the exception of 2 or 3 of the rest of the Wings, they all played inconsistently at best.

He play great at times but spoiled it by also being leaky.

For whatever reason they just aren't as aggressive at home as they are on the road. Maybe they take it for granted they are going to win at home, that's the only logical explanation I can muster up.

Anyway you look at it, the Wings just flat out didn't deserve to win this game.

Well babs didn't seem happy on the bench tonight with the team's effort so I'm expecting to see some line changes for the next game...IF hank is back, I predict...

ZDH

Hossa-Flip-Mule

Sammy-Cleary-Huds

Drapes-Maltby-kopecky

I hope Z is back, because we need the euro twins back together.

With forwards like Filppula, Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Draper and so on being defensively responsible, what exactly does Maltby contribute to this team? Not only did he look terrible on a partial breakaway tonight, but come on, I can't remember the last time he had a positive effect on this team's play.

I don't hate Maltby or anything, but he's almost useless.

Helm is consistently one of the top players when he is in the lineup. Someone has to go. It really should be Kopecky, he really brings very little on a consistent basis.

Edit: or Maltby, just doubt that would happen.

Edited by DatsyukownzU13

Bottom Line = we lost to a bunch of noobs, the Sedin's were horrible and gave us chances to score more goals but we looked at about 8% of our potential. Mason Raymond Alex Burrows, seriously? You let these bums take the game.

Good thing we have a coach like Babcock because he doesn't take this garbage play lightly.

Where were the defense?

Osgood was NOT ready for that shot. He was absolutely lackadaisical. No reason why a shot from that angle should go in the net. If he's ready all he has to do is stand there. The puck was in the net before he even reacted.

Games like these make me hate being a Red Wing fan sometimes. It seems like if there is anything short of perfection I blow a gasket and watching losses like these just make me want to punch infants in rapid succession.

At the end of the day I am proud to be a Wings fan but s*** guys act like cup champs for once in the season.

Dallas: I didn't see the replay after but it looked like it bounced right to him which he didn't expect. That game was one of funny ******* bounces.

Edited by Doc Holiday