• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

10/16 GDT: Canucks 4, Red Wings 3 (OT)

Rate this topic

My only thoughts on the game are that we are not playing anywhere near our potential...

We coast to pucks, get beat in our own zone, Make HORRENDOUS passes that are leading to big scoring chances...

overall I think Hossa is really timid, or is gripping the stick a bit tight, because he seems to be missing something still, and hasnt been able to jump that last hurdle....

and is anyone else sick of Lebda? I hear all the time how great his speed is, yet, all i ever see is him being beat in his own end....sure speed is his thing, while going the other way, but even chasing down a puck, he is getting beat by some pretty slow type forcheckers...I dunno, I have had an issue with Lebda since he came back to GR and stunk it up horribly in the playoffs cause he was given 1-2 dman mins, and did the same thing last season when him and lils were our 1-2 in feb.

Overall I want to see the wings play their game, it is a bit of a stinker that they are this close even while playing bad, but if they can turn it on, and play a full game at their potential, I will be very happy to see it.

Canucks are a boring team to watch, i'd rather attach jumper cables to my balls then watch them play unless its against the Wings in which case im not going to the game. Canucks wont be in the playoffs this year, they suck. Which is why im so frustrated with the effort or lack of it tonight.

It does tend to put a damper on things when they suck their way into beating your team.

My thoughts first off are we all need to just take a deep breath and relax its OCTOBER 16th and if i remember correctly havent we got off to slow starts the last couple of seasons and those havent worked out to badly for us. Im not concerned at all yeah it was a sluggish game but your going to get those games in an 82 game season. The thing that freaks the hell out of me is Hanks injury "Crosses Fingers"

It does tend to put a damper on things when they suck their way into beating your team.

ROFL, i guess get it in now, see you in April and June... oh wait no we wont.

My thoughts first off are we all need to just take a deep breath and relax its OCTOBER 16th and if i remember correctly havent we got off to slow starts the last couple of seasons and those havent worked out to badly for us. Im not concerned at all yeah it was a sluggish game but your going to get those games in an 82 game season. The thing that freaks the hell out of me is Hanks injury "Crosses Fingers"

What are you talking about? Last season, the Red Wings only lost 3 of their first 16 games.

Please tell me you aren't referring to that as a "slow start."

Considering I have played Juniors (high level to boot) as a goalie I would argue it is actually harder for someone like you, who I'd be willing to bet has nowhere near the experience I have, to criticize anything about a goal. Now go ahead and default to "well why aren't you out there then?"

If Osgood is on the side of the net, and the puck went to Burrows as you describe, Osgood doesn't even have to move to make that save considering it went in blocker side and he would have been hugging the post to begin with. He literally just has to stay in that position and it hits him. But if you want to go ahead and try to prove me wrong on this one, go right ahead.

I will stress, again, from that angle that goal should not go in. Period.

Winner... No question a goalie in even mite hockey gets told to hug the post when the puck is on that side. It's just a given.

Detroit should pick up Khabibulin. They'd be guaranteed a Cup if they did that. I ******* tip my hat to Osgood last year but does anyone really believe he's going to do it again? I have plenty of respect for him but really... Why are they giving up 30 shots a game this season? It's a bit strange. Barring Khabibulin they should lure Hasek out of retirement--see my psychedelic post on this.

Detroit should pick up Khabibulin. They'd be guaranteed a Cup if they did that. I ******* tip my hat to Osgood last year but does anyone really believe he's going to do it again? I have plenty of respect for him but really... Why are they giving up 30 shots a game this season? It's a bit strange. Barring Khabibulin they should lure Hasek out of retirement--see my psychedelic post on this.

Whoa!! Just got massive deja vu. It's almost as if it were October 2007.

I've always wondered DG, what does "O.o" mean?

Usually It is a symbol people used when confused or freaked out. but i put O.o after most things i say just because of habit.... O.o

--It's suppose to be a face with one squinting eye and one eye wide open.

Edited by Duck Guy

listenning to Vancouver's Team 1040 today, they had Canucks color guy Tom Larsheid on. He talked at length about the great legends that have worn the Winged Wheel. He said teams always get up for a game against Detroit, and doubly so now that they are Stanley Cup Champs.

Made me realize: To be the best, you have to beat the best. But to stay the best, you have to beat every body at their best.

The Canucks will be at their best tonite. Its against Detroit, whom they always get up for, and its the first game after the shallacking in Washington. They have a lot to prove tonite in figuring out their new identity. Detroit will have its hands full.

4-3 Canucks. I certainly hope I'm wrong.

Hmmph. :thumbdown:

Where would we get the money to pick up his salary??

Usually It is a symbol people used when confused or freaked out. but i put O.o after most things i say just because of habit.... O.o

--It's suppose to be a face with one squinting eye and one eye wide open.

Well, that's what I thought. It was that or "OH oh" something like that. But it didn't make sense because as you said, you use it all the time whether in context or not. LOL. Now I know. Cheers!

Guest Four

I want Conklin, Helm and Leino!

They can be the whole team for all I care, oh and Datsyuk, Homer and Franzen with Lidstrom on D.. No one else seems to show up anymore.

Edited by Four

Ugh. I knew it wouldn't last more than a few games without the goalie wars beginning. They scored on a bad bounce, a deflection, a 3 on 1, and then another bad bounce. This game doesn't change with Conklin in net. He's not the goalie saviour because he played 1 game and gave up 1 goal.

13-3 Vancouver in turnovers. That's not Red Wings hockey, and they're not going to win much doing that. They were fortunate to only lose by a couple of bounces.

I'd give Ozzie the benefit of the doubt if he didn't get fooled twice by the same set play off the boards in your own friggin' rink. Well at least we got a point and again Datsyuk was his usual freak-show self. Anybody still doubt we need a Drake? None of the Nucks were the least bit scared to carry the puck out of their zone. Drake was a threat to staple them into the boards. We are not a balanced team. Holland will address this issue, trust me.

Helm looked awesome in this years debut

Datsyuk had a solid game

Hossa needs to shoot a hell of allot more

Rafalski had a decent game but had some giveaways

1st and 4th line looked the best tonite

Kronwall was a animale on the point and breaking out of their zone

Osgood looked shaky but will bounce back .. Maybe this year itll be Osgood with the slow start and the "back up" coming blazing outta the gates.

1st line PP unit was moving the puck well..

overall the wings look like they're about 75% of the way there ..

hopefully by 10 games in were steamrolling this red machine into full gear