• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
robat

Official Optimistic Thread!

Rate this topic

Hell could freeze over. :)

Meh, it's a 2 game losing streak. Every team from professionals to District-5 pee wee is going to have a 2-game losing streak in an 80+ game season. Does seem worth warranting such a thread like this to be created, though I understand the original poster's point.

If God told me my only choice in an 11-game stretch is to have a 7-2-2 record, I'd take it all day. I'd ask God for a few other things as well, but some of those things would probably be unwise and would send me to Hell and prevent it from freezing over. :P

Talk to me when this team has a serious chance of not missing the playoffs, then I'll worry. Even then, I won't be Negative Nimrod.

heh, man no one thinks Red Wings won't make playoffs or something like that. But it is perfectly fine to express your opinion about the team, and the fact is, the defence sucks. We have no 4th line. Especially Kopecky, McCarty, Maltby and Lebda suck.

Our record does not matter since everyone can see how are they playing. And they are playing bad as a team. There are only very few bright spots on the team now.

Just because I am fan I am not going to say Red Wings are good at the moment. And it has nothing to do with optimism.

Edited by Reds4Life

Oh my God, if there are people freaking out ALREADY then I question their status as Red Wings fans. <_<

We lost two games in a row, big deal. We go through little slumps all the time and we always come out fine in the end. Besides, it's only the first month of the season, we have plenty of time to play catch-up.

Everything's fine, nothing to panic about.

Oh no, 7-2-2 with a missing Dman, and a missing top-6 forward. Yeah, I'm concerned.

They're on pace for 52-15-15, 119 points, and I can't think of a team that would turn those numbers down. That's even if they play the same as they are, with a questionable defense. Things will improve.

People have been spoiled by successful Wings teams. They've managed to win games despite playing pretty bad. It's three weeks into the season and they haven't found their groove yet.

I'll start worrying in March when they're third in the division and on the verge on not making the playoffs.

Calm down, it's a loooong season.

Oh no, 7-2-2 with a missing Dman, and a missing top-6 forward. Yeah, I'm concerned.

They're on pace for 52-15-15, 119 points, and I can't think of a team that would turn those numbers down. That's even if they play the same as they are, with a questionable defense. Things will improve.

I agree but Chelios really won't make much of a difference, although he can't be worse then Lebda so maybe I should retract our statement.

Essantially s*** needs to be fixed by game 30 if not then I may be a bit worried.

Ya, because thats not filled with overreactions based on being in the moment of the game. If people are giving up on the Wings then they are truly dumbasses and I implore them to please go root for the next flavor of the month team.

Aside from some sarcastic remarks by a few people, it was like that before the game.

The season already started.... oh yeah i guess now that i have to take of a sock to contiue counting the games played to date it qualifies as started.

We are still leading our division... There's your inspiration, now GO...go out and spread your seed!

On a side note:::::

Mother F**ker! the cup does change everything... It makes noobs think that a 7-2-2 start is something to be concerned about. Give it back, give back the stupid cup, we don't need it that bad!!!!

Edited by OsGOD

The season already started.... oh yeah i guess now that i have to take of a sock to contiue counting the games played to date it qualifies as started.

We are still leading our division... There's your inspiration, now GO...go out and spread your seed!

On a side note:::::

Mother F**ker! the cup does change everything... It makes noobs think that a 7-2-2 start is something to be concerned about. Give it back, give back the stupid cup, we don't need it that bad!!!!

Osgod. You've watched the games. This team is not playing like the team that won the cup. We're not the god damn St. Louis Blues- a 7-2-2 start does not mean the team is playing phenomenally.

No one on the defensive end is playing well (aside from the fact that Lilja is playing a bit better than he normally does and Rafalski is off to a hot start from an offensive perspective).

When the Red Wings aren't playing a cohesive, incredibly strong defensive game there's something to worry about. One goal games, SO wins and letting your opponent take 30 shots a game is not the Red Wings way.

Am I freaking out? Of course not. But I am a little worried that this team isn't winning the Red Wings way yet. I'll wait until January before I start to panic about the piss poor defensive play.

I would love to see McCarty and Maltby sent down to GR and have Helm and Downey brought up. I know that Downey is not that talented but at least he gives his all when he is on the ice and he plays with a passion and drive that this team is lacking right now.

Please put Lebda on waivers. I don't care what team he plays on as long as it is not this one.