• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Blood On The Ice

MO Cheese

Rate this topic

That is the worst thing I've heard in a while. God bless her. Her image became just as synonymous with Red Wing hockey to me as Al.

Yea I heard the knitting lady died too.

As for Moe Cheese, I thought I saw him in October '09 against Colorado?

Wow why all the hate for MO cheese. Even other arenas respect what he does. Been to a lot of Leaf's games at Maple leaf Garden and Air Canada Centre. Even with their hate for Detroit they still give him a round of applause. Do you really expect him to pose for a picture?

Found this from mlive:

The Knitting Lady passes away

By George Malik

December 26, 2008, 7:40PM

Fox Sports Detroit's Ken Daniels reports that Margaret "The Knitting Lady" Molnar passed away on Christmas Eve. Here's hoping that she's watching tonight's game from Hockey Heaven.

RIP.

Who is the brow? and the orange hat guy?

"Orange Hat Guy" is Kenny, and he's been a Red Wings season ticket holder since I believe 1972. He sits in section 112 or 113, and is very easy to find because of the knit hat he wears.

Joe Diroff, a.k.a. "The Brow" was a school teacher, and a big Red Wing's booster back in the 1980s. Now I'm sure he was a fan long before then, but that's when I remember seeing him. He had very bushy eyebrows, hence the name. He was a nice guy, and would get the crowd going with his "Strawberry Shortcake" cheer.

STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE

GOOSEBERRY PIE

V-I-C-T-O-R-Y!!!

He also had ketchup and mustard bottles with him, and would yell out,"You know why they(opposing team) won't ketchup? Because they can't cut the mustard."

Joe would welcome the team home at the airport, at all hours of the night. Everybody loved "The Brow".

"Orange Hat Guy" is Kenny, and he's been a Red Wings season ticket holder since I believe 1972. He sits in section 112 or 113, and is very easy to find because of the knit hat he wears.

Joe Diroff, a.k.a. "The Brow" was a school teacher, and a big Red Wing's booster back in the 1980s. Now I'm sure he was a fan long before then, but that's when I remember seeing him. He had very bushy eyebrows, hence the name. He was a nice guy, and would get the crowd going with his "Strawberry Shortcake" cheer.

STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE

GOOSEBERRY PIE

V-I-C-T-O-R-Y!!!

He also had ketchup and mustard bottles with him, and would yell out,"You know why they(opposing team) won't ketchup? Because they can't cut the mustard."

Joe would welcome the team home at the airport, at all hours of the night. Everybody loved "The Brow".

Don't know why, but that made me think of fan's in Slapshot. Kinda cheesy, but diehard.