• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

12/1 GDT: Red Wings 2, Ducks 1

Rate this topic

Wow did we dominate in shots! First two periods I felt they were kinda sluggish, glad they brought their game in the third. Ozzie didn't face a lot of shots, but definitely made the saves he needed too and now his goals against will go down a little. :)

GO WINGS!

Cool, so we were the stronger team? We're the shots like, far out s*** Sammy shots, or was Gigggy just on tonight?

There was literally one save by giggy where he didnt even knwo it was in the zone and it popped right to cleary on his doorsetp and giguere flinched and saved it. Then he did make a really nice save on a Datsyuk wraparound. None of sammy's shots actually went through it would have been like 70 then

Since the opinions of Ducks fans on a random hockey board have suddenly become valid...

They are all dead...just end it now before it gets out of hand.

Ducks lose.

They kept it close despite being a tired team.

Nice try Ducks!

a tired Ducks team is a guaranteed loss against Detroit, if they cant hit them they have no chance

I expected more from the Things at home against a tired club.

Ducks kept it close, too bad for cramping. Hiller wasn't ready to play.

Nice try.

Since the opinions of Ducks fans on a random hockey board have suddenly become valid...

Cool, so we were the stronger team? We're the shots like, far out s*** Sammy shots, or was Gigggy just on tonight?

I think as the game progressed tonight that the Wings started on the perimeter and slowly bore down as the game progressed. The crack in the dam came with Franzen's goal late in the 2nd. Immediately after that goal Zetterberg clanged a shot from inside the faceoff dot off the post and Giguere had some blind luck having Cleary shoot it right into Giguere's pad. (Giguere didn't even have time to get down in his butterfly.)

I know. It must be hard for you to face someone armed with logical reasoning that goes against your own on your own board.

That has absolutely nothing to do with it. All you're doing is running around here starved for attention, it's obvious when/what you post. The Red Wings play a solid, 60-minute game and you pipe up about (paraphrasing) "well, the Ducks played last night."

I pointed out the Red Wings' latest jaunt over the last week and compared it to that of the Ducks. The Wings have played more, and it wasn't as if they were home for all of them. The Ducks and the Wings each have played 3 in 4.

What was your point again?

(And going back to that October meeting, both clubs had played 4 in 6 then, too. The Sharks had 1 game in the previous 4 days heading into the game when the Wings were coming into that game.)

New to the board, watch every game on Center Ice, hardly an expert but teams play back to backs all the time and we finally got someone on the back end of one and played a very good game and won, pretty simple I think. Better yet it was against the biggest dips***s in the league.

Hmm

Should I quote you from the Bruins GDT?

Even Jones on VS agrees with the Wings dominance!!

On a side note -- hearing of Babcock's remarks this morning put a smile on my face. Love the challenge there and I think it was obvious that the club rose to it in effort tonight. Let's hope (again) that it's sustained. I think he knows as well as most of us that a long homestand + bad habits & lack of 100% effort are a bad combination.

I'll give you that. But typically when I say a team dominated, I mean they would've dominated no matter the circumstances. Semantics I guess. They definitely had the energy and fire, but the errors might have come with a little more pressure, but then again thats a hypothetical as well..

umm... good luck finding that then!

Wings dominated tonight. It is a factor that the Ducks were tired, but that's NOT the only reason the Wings won. They did what they were supposed to do and picked it up a notch. When we get a few games like this, I'll be content with the defensive play. Ozzie did what he needed to do, the defense didn't allow too many horrible giveaways and the offense kept shooting. We even held the puck in their zone for long stretches of time. It was a solid effort, and I'd like to see more of it. (as would many of the other wings fans and a certain coach)

Not to say I am discontent with the Wings this year, just feeling like we're not playing the way we used to.

Missed the game.

If the Wings dominated, why did they only score 2 goals on 47 shots?

Did they really dominate, or are we just happy they won?

Was this this year's Detroit or last years team?

Just a few questions I'd like to have answers to before I feel too good about a 2-1 win.

Missed the game.

Just a few questions I'd like to have answers to before I feel too good about a 2-1 win.

You missed the game. Take our word for it.

Missed the game.

Did they really dominate, or are we just happy they won?

Was this this year's Detroit or last years team?

Why the pessimism? Giguere played pretty good, we slaughtered the rest of their team

na..Giggy have skill????!?!?! everyone knows the only reason he is in the nhl is because of his big pads. He has NO SKILL what so ever.... lol people make me laugh :blink:

2 pipes, a crossbar, some nice save by JSG, 47 shots means you played well, we were not exactly playing the worst team in the league, I am hoping it is the start to a nice roll, we did win the Cup last year if I remember, of course there were people not happy afterj that also

I should know better than to be surprised by what I read here, but you people pissing in the well over the fact the Ducks were on the end of a back-to-back are missing the point. The Wings have been on as tough a stretch of schedule as any team in the league through the first 1/4 of the season. They were due to catch a team that was road weary.

They've been winning in spite of being the team on the wrong side of matchups like they had against Anaheim tonight and now it's their turn.

Take 'em while you can get 'em.

Guest Crymson
I know. It must be hard for you to face someone armed with logical reasoning that goes against your own on your own board.

I'm sorry for you that you didn't enjoy the game.

Tonight was a solid game, I promise. Don't let the scoreboard fool you. The Wings carried possession for most of the night, kept Anaheim to the perimeter and gave up very few scoring chances, if you can even call them scoring chances (their only goal was a bad break on our part and a lucky break on theirs). We outshot them by an embarrassing margin, outhustled them, won all the little battles, owned center ice, moved the puck well... it was the type of hockey I've been waiting to see all year. The only reason why it wasn't 6-1 was because the Ducks did a good job of clearing rebounds, and the Wings didn't establish anyone in front of the net to put those rebounds in and block Giguere's vision. Oh, and the post saved his ass three times.

All in all it was a good win, and I expect to see more of it in December, with a much more friendly schedule. And hopefully that will set the wheels in motion for some real Wings hockey.

anyone that was dissatisfied by this game is expecting too much, not to mention a total ******. wings hustled their ass off, got off (not as many as id like) some good hits, and played hard. good passing tonight, great puck possession (had a few stretches of what seemed like a whole minute or two in their zone). the post saved this game from being 4-1. but the biggest nod goes to ozzie and the defense, though not very tested statistically, they played a big game tonight. lets hope this win showers the oz with his confidence. good game guys, and hossa, your one helluva player.

edit: great shot total wings...reminds me of last year

Edited by j.hoop