• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
redwingsfreak42

RED WINGS FOR ALL-STAR GAME !

Rate this topic

Iginla just passed zetterberg for the starting position...

WE NEED TO KEEP ZETTERBERG, AND ALL OTHER WINGS AS A STARTER !

VOTE FOR: Hossa

Datsyuk

Zetterberg

Lidstrom

Rafalski

Osgood

They are all very close to being starters...we need to VOTE for all WINGS !!!

Go to NHL.com to vote now !

This is why I don't like fan balloting. While most of the Red Wings deserve to be on the All Star Team. In no way does Ozzie deserve to be there. I love Ozzy just as much as the next person, but I don't think the way that he's played so far deserves a spot on the all star team.

I will be voting Red though.

This is why I don't like fan balloting. While most of the Red Wings deserve to be on the All Star Team. In no way does Ozzie deserve to be there. I love Ozzy just as much as the next person, but I don't think the way that he's played so far deserves a spot on the all star team.

Ya I hate fan balloting also ! It's pointless...people just vote over and over again so they pick players that dont even deserve to be in the all star game.

and yeah i agree that ozzie hasn't been up to par, if anything it should be conklin, but we still need to vote him in...kinda hypocritical but who cares !

I love how people are all up in arms about the Habs fans stuffing the ballot boxes, but have no problem with the fact that the Wings fans are essentially doing the same thing. Fan balloting is a horrible, horrible idea, IMHO. I voted, but I voted for the players that I felt most deserved to start.

and yeah i agree that ozzie hasn't been up to par, if anything it should be conklin, but we still need to vote him in

No we dont. Why reward for crap play? If he has played well enough to EARN the spot then vote but he hasnt. An extra weekend off would be better for him.

*note* There is already a thread about voting for the wings not more than 10 threads down from this

*note 2* Posting a thread with a title in all caps should earn the poster a public stoning.

I'll agree with most on Ozzie. As of right now he just doesn't deserve to start in the All-Star game.

That's not my point of this post though...

I just wanted to jump in and encourage everyone to vote for Hossa, Z and Dats. As cheap as I thought it was that Habs fan got the auto-vote thing going, I'd love to see the Wings forwards start against the Habs fowards.

Especially to keep Crosby out of the starting position, everytime I vote for the forwards it's all Wings and all Habs.

So, c'mon people. Get voting for Dats, Z and Hossa!!! NOW!!!

I love how people are all up in arms about the Habs fans stuffing the ballot boxes, but have no problem with the fact that the Wings fans are essentially doing the same thing. Fan balloting is a horrible, horrible idea, IMHO. I voted, but I voted for the players that I felt most deserved to start.

The Wings fans are not doing the same thing. What the Habs fans did was set up an auto-vote on their computer so they physically didn't have to go to the web site and set up all their votes. Every other teams fans are doing the exact same thing, stuffing the box. If someone wants to sit at their computer for hours on end voting for people I have no problem with it (I personally think it should be one vote per person) but setting up an auto-vote is just plain foolery! lol

Compared to the last year NHL.com asks you to register in order to vote. So far I can't bring myself to do it.

Why? They don't send you any junk email or crap like that.

I've been signed up with NHL.com for years now and have never gotten one email. It'll ask you during your registration.

Other than that I don't see a reason why you wouldn't?

Guest Shoreline
Compared to the last year NHL.com asks you to register in order to vote. So far I can't bring myself to do it.

It's not difficult, and they require no verification.

Name: slfdsflsdf sdgjklhasfk

Email: dfjhkghads@dskhasd.com

Birthdate: Jan 1st 1901

.. accept agreement, vote, done.

I'm pretty sure though to get all of those votes Habs fans are using some script. I doubt that many people will be voting 50 times. I could only stomach voting twice, at the peak of boredom for the day.

It's not difficult, and they require no verification.

Name: slfdsflsdf sdgjklhasfk

Email: dfjhkghads@dskhasd.com

Birthdate: Jan 1st 1901

.. accept agreement, vote, done.

I'm pretty sure though to get all of those votes Habs fans are using some script. I doubt that many people will be voting 50 times. I could only stomach voting twice, at the peak of boredom for the day.

Yea, it's a little annoying to sit there and vote over and over again.

I just text 'Red Wings' to 81812 and it's a vote for all the Wings. Or I'll just type in their last name and they get a vote.

Unlimited texting, no extra charges. And it's easy!

Edited by This Is Bida

i agree with you there, Oz has been my favorite for idk how long but how he has played so far he doesnt deserve to be there

No lie.

I'm not against the concept of having an all-star game in any professional sport, but I don't think much of them and usually just treat them like another run-of-the-mill regular season or preseason game even though it is a little different.

Yeah, players run the risk of getting injured in a game that doesn't count, but you deal with it. Yes, it is for the fans, but a lot of times now these things are just popularity concepts. If you have halfway decent stats and are recognizable to fans/media, there's a good chance you get in. Very rarely do all-star games completely have a majority of the best players of the season that deserve to play in the all-star game.

Maybe I'm not being fair, but again I think it is more of a popularity contest than getting the more deserving players out there.