• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Smashville

Would you wear an Avalanche jersey?

Rate this topic

141 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Bear with me - not trying to troll...just coming to the experts. Having a discussion on a Predators board with a Wings fan. She says she's going to wear her Avs jersey to the game tonight.

So I beg the question - would any self-respecting Wings fan wear an Avs jersey at any point...or for that matter, own one?

I was the first one to say yes. I would wear one now but not of anyone from back in the day (other the Joe). I hate the Aves but there are a couple really good players i like on the team.

I would just wear a wings jersey to the game and show where my allegiances lie. I honestly wouldn't wear any other team's jersey because it'd just seem wrong. I thought about getting a fedorov capitals jersey and then though "when the hell would I ever wear a capitals jersey?" even though I like their team, but if I'm wearin a hockey jersey out, it's gonna have the winged wheel on it.

The rivalry is dead. No big thing, especially if it were a Sakic jersey. And I'd certainly wear an Avs sweater before donning a Nashville jersey - that color doesn't do anything for anyone!

I assume you mean the yellow/mustard...yeah, that just kinda has to grow on you...Tennessee has a track record of grabbing less than attractive colors for our sports teams...you can't tell me anyone looks good in orange...other than Lane Kiffin's wife...

I would just wear a wings jersey to the game and show where my allegiances lie. I honestly wouldn't wear any other team's jersey because it'd just seem wrong. I thought about getting a fedorov capitals jersey and then though "when the hell would I ever wear a capitals jersey?" even though I like their team, but if I'm wearin a hockey jersey out, it's gonna have the winged wheel on it.

I agree... The only other jersey I would wear is a Team Canada jersey.. even though there was one point where I almost bought a Russian Datsyuk jersey..

I say No to the Avs jersey; however, if you are a Sakic fan I see nothing wrong with a Nordiques Sakic jersey or Team Canada. I have always liked Forsberg but would never own an Avs jersey, therefore I have a Team Sweden Forsberg jersey.

Personally I would never wear one, but I tend to get a little nutty about rivalries, even rivalries that are on life support like the one we have with the Avs. Another jersey I wouldn't wear, a Western Michigan jersey heheheh.

I agree... The only other jersey I would wear is a Team Canada jersey.. even though there was one point where I almost bought a Russian Datsyuk jersey..

I agree with these two in the sense that i would only wear a winged wheel if i am wearing an NHL jersey. If i wanted a sakic jersey, it surely would not be an avalanche one.

Guest Shoreline

Well, given the rivalry is pretty much dead as of today, if there was an Avs player I cared to buy a jersey for I'd not have a problem with it.

nope, i would never wear an avalanche jersey, or any other nhl team jersey..unless Z were to ever end up another team then i am sure i would get the new team with Z on it. As for wearing defunct nhl teams like the nords or a team canada/sweden or russian jersey like people i mentioned i would wear those no problem, already got an yzerman team canada...want a Z swedish but those jersey's to me are damn ugly. although i would never wear anything but a wings jersey to an actual game, around town or around the house the others are fine imo.

Guest DetroitBoy313
I've lived in Denver for the past 2 years and have never even seen anyone here wearing an Avalanche jersey around town.

That's pretty surprising! But anyway,I can't wear any other teams jersey! And that's not only a Wings jersey I mean I could never wear like a Yankees jersey or a different baseball cap other than the old english D.I was born and raised in Hamtramck,I live in Clinton Township now but I always been a "Detroit city boy".Like when Steve Perry says "Born and raised in south Detroit" I can actually relate to that,lol.

Guest DetroitBoy313
Souf Detroit. wink.gif

Ahaha!! I actually had to look at my post again and make sure I didn't put SOUF.... :cheesy:

Personally I would never wear one, but I tend to get a little nutty about rivalries, even rivalries that are on life support like the one we have with the Avs. Another jersey I wouldn't wear, a Western Michigan jersey heheheh.

And speaking of rivals, at least Western has a real hockey team and a jersey that could be worn...

Go Wings and Broncos