• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Smashville

Would you wear an Avalanche jersey?

Rate this topic

141 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Not unless one of two things were also true:

1) It was one of the conditions set forth by the people who kidnapped my children.

2) I was told, "Wear this or we'll go all 'Deliverance' on you."

Even then, it better be a Sakic jersey.

That's pretty surprising!

I know it has perplexed me for some time... You can't walk a mile around here without seeing a bronco's jersey but no Av's gear. I wont comment on the local's apparent timeless fascination with the outdated "puffy vest".

No I wouldn't wear an av's jersey...

I've lived in Denver for the past 2 years and have never even seen anyone here wearing an Avalanche jersey around town.

Not to be rude, but I think you're mistaken.... I am constantly seeing people wearing avs stuff and I live in the Denver Metro area. Maybe it's not always jerseys, but I see hats, t-shirts, jerseys and jackets all the time in and around the City.

Yes, I do see more Broncos stuff around here (but that's because they've been around for longer and have a larger amount of fans) but I also feel that the avs have a pretty strong fan base here in Denver. But then again, every team has its bandwagon fans who only follow them when they're successful which makes me mad... :ranting:

I am not going further into deal on this whole discussion because I already know I'm probably going to get flamed by some of the people on here for my comments... So I'll close with that.

No. And I carry no real hatred towards their team anymore.

Am I being paid to wear this jersey? Money talks. And I think I would wear an Avs Sakic jersey before a Ducks Pronger jersey any day.

i'd wear a jersey made of still fresh antelope turds before i wore a pronger jersey of any team, even a redwings jersey with pronger on the back as a joke

Not to be rude, but I think you're mistaken.... I am constantly seeing people wearing avs stuff and I live in the Denver Metro area. Maybe it's not always jerseys, but I see hats, t-shirts, jerseys and jackets all the time in and around the City.

Yes, I do see more Broncos stuff around here (but that's because they've been around for longer and have a larger amount of fans) but I also feel that the avs have a pretty strong fan base here in Denver. But then again, every team has its bandwagon fans who only follow them when they're successful which makes me mad... :ranting:

I am not going further into deal on this whole discussion because I already know I'm probably going to get flamed by some of the people on here for my comments... So I'll close with that.

Sorry tiffs, I didn't mean to question the local's "Fanhood" but I never see any jerseys. I'm sure they are out there though...

I used to collect jerseys and purchased a Forsberg jersey for a great price back in the day. Still have it, but it has never ever been worn.

Joe Sakic, however, I have worn his Nords jersey with pride. A classy guy all the way, too bad he plays for that team.

I Have a lot of NHL Jerseys that I wear, and 2 of them are Avs jerseys. I have a Sakic jersey and I have a Deadmarsh jersey. I think being a die hard redwings fan dosent make you less of a fan if you like to collect jerseys. Also Sakic was a great guy when I met him in Philly back in 2004 he signed my jersey and saw I was wearing a redwings cup hat. He asked me about the hat and I said Im a die hard redwings fan but wore his jersey to hope to get an autograph. He signed it and took a picture with me. I did ask who he thinks was the best captain in NHL history was and he said without hesitation Steve Yzerman.

Edited by RainingBlood

If this question was asked on a divealanche forum, I doubt any more than a handful of people would say "yes". However, it's a little different here on LGW.

I know that we own their team, but why should we hate them any less if they still hate the Wings as much as ever?

I don't get how anyone that was a Wings fan in the 90's *could* ever wear an Avalanche jersey. While the rivalry isn't what it used to be, I still get a different feeling whenever the Wings play them. I have uber-respect for Joe Sakic, but not only would I never wear apparel for any other NHL team, the Avs would be the furthest one from what I'd wear.

A good example of this is when Mac went to Calgary. I wished him well and wanted him to do good, but I'm not about to go out and buy his jersey. Same goes for Favre and the Jets.

Keep in mind, this is given that I wear jersey's even though I don't. Bottom line, I wouldn't wear any other teams' apparel, especially the Avalanche.

Worked with a chick a few years back that told me she was a Wings fan, the proceeded to tell me she also liked the avalanche. :blink: I couldn’t even grasp the concept of that.

But to stay on topic, no and that goes for every other NHL team as well.

If this question was asked on a divealanche forum, I doubt any more than a handful of people would say "yes". However, it's a little different here on LGW.

I know that we own their team, but why should we hate them any less if they still hate the Wings as much as ever?

Because who really cares what the Avsmonkeys think.

Bear with me - not trying to troll...just coming to the experts. Having a discussion on a Predators board with a Wings fan. She says she's going to wear her Avs jersey to the game tonight.

So I beg the question - would any self-respecting Wings fan wear an Avs jersey at any point...or for that matter, own one?

hell no. i wouldnt wear any teams jersey other than the wings. however i do make exceptions for defunct franchises like the whalers, jets, etc. thats more of showing respect to the roots. although if it was a nords jersey it couldnt be forsberg.

the rivaly is over but i still make mental comments like "what an ahole he is" when i hear about Patrick Roy and his son getting into fights or whatever.

I don't get how anyone that was a Wings fan in the 90's *could* ever wear an Avalanche jersey. While the rivalry isn't what it used to be, I still get a different feeling whenever the Wings play them. I have uber-respect for Joe Sakic, but not only would I never wear apparel for any other NHL team, the Avs would be the furthest one from what I'd wear.

A good example of this is when Mac went to Calgary. I wished him well and wanted him to do good, but I'm not about to go out and buy his jersey. Same goes for Favre and the Jets.

Keep in mind, this is given that I wear jersey's even though I don't. Bottom line, I wouldn't wear any other teams' apparel, especially the Avalanche.

Well I guess that makes me bad fan then huh cause I like to collect NHL jerseys.

Worked with a chick a few years back that told me she was a Wings fan, the proceeded to tell me she also liked the avalanche. :blink: I couldn’t even grasp the concept of that.

gotta look out for those bi-polar types....

I guess I can see how a younger fan could see it being OK to wear a Turnip jersey. They'd have to be no more than about 12 though. Too young to even remember the Statue of Liberty or 7-0. Any fan my age - that is, any fan who was a fairly impressionable 14 or so when Clod smashed up Draper's face, and watched that s*** live on TV, and grew up watching the fights and the battles and all that - should be ashamed to be seen in public, or even a mirror, with one of those things on. The rivalry such as it was may be dead, but still: f*** the Avs.

It's a strange thing about me and rivalries. I would NEVER, EVER wear an Aves Jersey. And when the Aves have gone deeper into the playoffs than the Wings, I root against them at every level. However, two of the Wings older rivalries, against Montreal and Chicago, I treat differently - if the Wings aren't in it, I cheer for either the Hawks or Canadiens to win. I can see myself with a Habs jersey, simply because they are way cool - second only to the winged wheel.

That said, I'm still pissed about 1966. I agree with the late Gary Bergman, who once said, "I've still never seen that puck under Henri Richard ever cross the goal line!"

I guess I can see how a younger fan could see it being OK to wear a Turnip jersey. They'd have to be no more than about 12 though. Too young to even remember the Statue of Liberty or 7-0. Any fan my age - that is, any fan who was a fairly impressionable 14 or so when Clod smashed up Draper's face, and watched that s*** live on TV, and grew up watching the fights and the battles and all that - should be ashamed to be seen in public, or even a mirror, with one of those things on. The rivalry such as it was may be dead, but still: f*** the Avs.

Thank you! I dont know how some of you guys, being around in those times and watching our teams play and hating them with a passion can ever say that they would wear an avs jersey. some of you are so quick to say that the rivalry is dead and whatever but in any other sport, teams that are huge rivals obviously dont always have the best games and are on the same level. for example, im a die hard cowboys fan, therefore i hate the eagles. now a couple years back when the ealges were great and the boys sucked, obviously i hated the eagles, as im sure the avs fans still hate us. but the ealges fans wernt just pushing us aside, they still hated us too. then the teams are both good and its right up to where it was.

i still hate the avs, i would never wear an avs jersey, i respect sakic, but i wouldnt buy his jersey or wear it. and it should be like that forever. i wont root for the avs, i wont cheer for their players. f*** the avs