• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

12/6 GDT: Red Wings 5, Blackhawks 4 (SO)

Rate this topic

You would be right about that. But it's also pretty ridiculous to write off a team's playoff chances in December, no matter how bad they're playing now.

But we've also seen this before. Work ethic is what wins. Thats what the Wings have had the past 2 seasons, and ironically, they weren't breaking records in the regular seasons those years. But in the three years previous, they were dominating the regular season on talent alone and when they came across some hungry teams in the playoffs, just like that, they're playing golf.

Didn't hear anything on the pregame, but I know red used to be road and home used to be white. Maybe it's a retro thing?

Thanks for the response. I knew they used to be reversed (whites home, reds away).

Have you all seen the jerseys for the winter classic? Not sure I like them...

No I'm not though. I guess I should've said if they CONSISTENTLY continue to play like this all season and in the playoffs, they won't make it out of the first round. I'm just saying, the way they're playing now isn't gonna cut it. Not the Defense and not the Goalies. Something has to change before playoff time. That's really all I was saying.

Yup. Agreed.

He's got a cocky swagger to him. And ya know what... it's BEAUTIFUL! Seriously, this same old humble type of hockey is getting old.

I love to see the excitement. Ever watch Sid and Geno how they score and slam the boards, how they get the crowd pumped and get into it?

That's exactly how Hossa is and it's great!!! We need more guys like it on the team.

I'm not saying we need to turn it into Football where guys are just stupid everytime they make a decent play. That's obnoxious.

But to see Hossa show his swagger when he scores, etc. It's great!

Hossa's the good kind of cocky. The kind that doesn't prevent him from being the hardest working player on the ice.

What's with ice at the Joe lately? It always used to be called the best ice in the league along with Edmonton. Now it seems the pucks bouncing over sticks constantly. Maybe Al lost his passion for the job after Bettman took away his Octopi twirling....damn you Gary!

We've got Calgary Wednesday...I'll be hopin to see a little more passion and much better defensive play. And if a goalie could bail us out every now and then (which Conklin did in the second half of the game), that'd be great too.

Yup. Agreed.

Thank you! My god, the one guy jumps down my throat about and another says I'm assuming things.

I mean, have you guys really sat down and WATCHED a game this season? We're not blowing teams out we are hardly winning games. We have no heart. Truthfully, Hossa is the only one that looks HUNGRY to me.

Guest mindfly

Why can't babcock put datsyuk and zetterberg together, what's the problem? The team won't get more uneven by doing that, they will get a first line thats top3 in the league if not the best.. especially in games where they struggle, what's to loose? great opportunity to experiment

But we've also seen this before. Work ethic is what wins. Thats what the Wings have had the past 2 seasons, and ironically, they weren't breaking records in the regular seasons those years. But in the three years previous, they were dominating the regular season on talent alone and when they came across some hungry teams in the playoffs, just like that, they're playing golf.

I'm not disagreeing. It's frustrating as hell to watch. I was just saying, I'm not writing off the playoffs for this team....at least until we go down 0-1 in the first series and all hell breaks loose on these boards.

Hossa's the good kind of cocky. The kind that doesn't prevent him from being the hardest working player on the ice.

I totally agree! That's what I meant about "Football cocky" vs. Hossa cocky.

To me, Football players being cocky is just annoying to me. I don't hate the game but I hate the way most football players celebrate after a simple tackle. This guy not only has class but like I said, he has that swagger. It's great. And I firmly believe we need more of it. I'd love to see Dats jump into the boards and scream at the fans after scoring one of those beautiful goals. Fedorov KIND of had it. Like I said, the only players I've really seen who remind me of it are Geno and Sid. They have that swagger.

It's an absolutely great cocky cause he knows how great of a player he is but it OBVIOUSLY doesn't go to his head. He's still the hardest working player out there.

Thank you! My god, the one guy jumps down my throat about and another says I'm assuming things.

I mean, have you guys really sat down and WATCHED a game this season? We're not blowing teams out we are hardly winning games. We have no heart. Truthfully, Hossa is the only one that looks HUNGRY to me.

If my opinions bother you, feel free to put me on your ignore list. I'm just as frustrated as all of you, but when it's all I read on here, I have the tendency to play devil's advocate.

Yeah we shouldn't have given up a 2 goal lead, but they came back and answered when it mattered most. Conks was awesome in the shootout. Hossa is amazing as usual. And what can you say bout Huds? HOT!

Egh, I knew after it was 2-0 only 5 minutes in that the lead would mean nothing. That is WAY too early for a lead to matter.

I mean, maybe if we've been dominating teams all over the place but lets face it.. we haven't. On the other hand, last games 3 goal give away was horrible and uncalled for. What did bug me was that not only did we give up a 2 goal lead but let them score 4 unanswered.

If my opinions bother you, feel free to put me on your ignore list. I'm just as frustrated as all of you, but when it's all I read on here, I have the tendency to play devil's advocate.

No man, you don't bug me. lol. I was more referring to the other guy and his smart ass comment. Like I said, I'm not one of these guys who are pushing the panic button on the season, I just believe something needs to change. I totally know what you mean though, too many people around here don't understand the game but I do. No worries, didn't mean to seem like I was being a dick towards you.

I totally agree! That's what I meant about "Football cocky" vs. Hossa cocky.

To me, Football players being cocky is just annoying to me. I don't hate the game but I hate the way most football players celebrate after a simple tackle. This guy not only has class but like I said, he has that swagger. It's great. And I firmly believe we need more of it. I'd love to see Dats jump into the boards and scream at the fans after scoring one of those beautiful goals. Fedorov KIND of had it. Like I said, the only players I've really seen who remind me of it are Geno and Sid. They have that swagger.

It's an absolutely great cocky cause he knows how great of a player he is but it OBVIOUSLY doesn't go to his head. He's still the hardest working player out there.

Thank you, thank you, thank you! I can't hardly stand to watch football anymore. OR basketball. True excitement and emotion when its due is a great thing to be a part of, but dancing after every 2nd play is ridiculous.

Way to go, Marion Hossa!

And did you see the close up of Pavs and Hossa on the bench trying to be discrete about grinning and chuckling after Datsyuk mowed over Sharp or whoever that was? That was priceless.

Thank you, thank you, thank you! I can't hardly stand to watch football anymore. OR basketball. True excitement and emotion when its due is a great thing to be a part of, but dancing after every 2nd play is ridiculous.

Way to go, Marion Hossa!

And did you see the close up of Pavs and Hossa on the bench trying to be discrete about grinning and chuckling after Datsyuk mowed over Sharp or whoever that was? That was priceless.

I agree with ya 100% man. Well, I just plain HATE basketball. I think it's, without a doubt the WORST sport. But that's just my opinion. I just cannot find anything interesting about basketball. Football on the other hand, I like the sport but as you mentioned, some guy gets all revved up and starts dancing and screaming over a guy who falls and he touches him for the tackle. Hossa has a swagger but it's not obnoxious. Almost every football player has that obnoxious cockiness like they're god. EGH IT'S ANNOYING! Certainly takes away from much of the sport.

Then again, growing up on hockey and it's humbleness, it's only normal that I then watch football and wonder why they want to look like jackasses.

Don't know if this was the reason this time, but in the past they have said they like to wear the opposite colour at home, to let the home fans see them playing in their alternate jersey. This would be my guess...

In regards to the game, I love the wings, but I am getting tired of seeing them squander a lead to only have to catch back up. Honsetly, I wish they would start losing most of those type of games, just so they wouls wake up a bit. With this type of win, they must be coming out of it with an attitude like, well we won the game, so we must have palyed pretty good. Instead they should be thinking what the hell did we do wrong to ALMOST lose the game AGAIN...

Thanks for the response. I knew they used to be reversed (whites home, reds away).

Have you all seen the jerseys for the winter classic? Not sure I like them...

Edited by CdnWingsFanEh

I agree with ya 100% man. Well, I just plain HATE basketball. I think it's, without a doubt the WORST sport. But that's just my opinion. I just cannot find anything interesting about basketball. Football on the other hand, I like the sport but as you mentioned, some guy gets all revved up and starts dancing and screaming over a guy who falls and he touches him for the tackle. Hossa has a swagger but it's not obnoxious. Almost every football player has that obnoxious cockiness like they're god. EGH IT'S ANNOYING! Certainly takes away from much of the sport.

Then again, growing up on hockey and it's humbleness, it's only normal that I then watch football and wonder why they want to look like jackasses.

If anybody ever had a right to dance a goofy ass dance after every 2nd play, it was Barry "The Best" Sanders. He earned the right after fakin guys outta thier jocks and making them look silly grasping and clutching at thin air. But nope, he just took his 6 pts for the Lions and handed the ball back to the referee, like a man who has been there before and will be there again.

Hossa has the determination of a man on a serious mission, who will let no man stand between he and his goal. To me, that is where his swagger comes from. He doesn't talk the talk like the NBA or even the NFL, he just goes out and plays like a man on a mission. You're totally right.

Edit: The day that NHLers start to ham it up and woof it for the cameras is the day of descent for the greatest league in pro sports. My days as a fan will be numbered after that. Hopefully, it won't come during my lifetime. May tradition and honor reign supreme in the National Hockey League for many years to come.

Edited by T.Low

Its damn near time to put together a Datsyuk Hits Highlight video! He must be talking to Ovechkin a lot these days or something.

Anyone got a YouTube link for the Dats hit in OT? Missed the game, but caught Ken Kal and Paul Woods raving about it on the radio post-game show.

Fun game to watch! Glad I'm not Babs, however...

Exactly. :thumbup:

And it was fun watching them come from behind and win for a change, instead of watching the other team come from behind and almost win. Boy gets lead, boy loses lead, boy gets lead back. :ph34r:

I suppose I'm the only person to notice the current top-five in scoring on the Wings goes:

1. Hossa, 26GP, 15 g-14a-29 pts, +10

2. Zetterberg, 24GP, 12g-13a-25 pts, +3

3. Hudler, 26GP, 12g-12a-24 pts, +0

4. Datsyuk, 26GP, 8g-16a-24 pts, +7

5. Samuelsson 26GP, 5g-16a-21pt, +2

Anyone want to bench Hudler for Downey or McCarty? Because you now, he's clearly not contributing anything. In a week he might be the team scoring leader.